Mikel John Obi

Badboy

the prejudice that people have against have is clearly not making people be objective about him and these are some of the best posters on here that i am talking about

lets get this straight,

if jose wanted mikel out, he would have been OUT. no doubt about it.

if jose felt romeu/chalobah were a better option than him, they would have been here instead of mikel.

mikel might not be the perfect player but he has his uses. he is a very good squad player as proven with his performances against atletico madrid and liverpool (both away). and that is what makes a good squad, having players of different ilk with whom a manager can play as it suits the team. at the end of the day, jose deems mikel good enough to be in the squad.

the prejudice that people have against have is clearly not making people be objective about him and these are some of the best posters on here that i am talking about

lets get this straight,

if jose wanted mikel out, he would have been OUT. no doubt about it.

if jose felt romeu/chalobah were a better option than him, they would have been here instead of mikel.

Like Torres is? And Moses?

For a player to leave, someone needs to buy him and then pay him.

mikel might not be the perfect player but he has his uses. he is a very good squad player as proven with his performances against atletico madrid and liverpool (both away).

Matic was cup-tied for the Madrid game and rested for Liverpool. Mikel has been replaced in the squad by him.

Saying people have a prejudice about him is getting into very dangerous territory. Mikel is a fantastically average player who does nothing exceptional yet has three years left on a £75k pw contract.

And if we actually need him at the start of next year, he'll actually be in Morocco playing in the ACON.

People keep on saying that he's a good squad player or a back-up for Matic....like fuck is he. He's a pale imitation, a replacement in name only. He's not a rotation option because if we do actually play him, we'll be a far more limited team.

Roadkill badger is not a decent back-up for sirloin steak.

Like Torres is? And Moses?

For a player to leave, someone needs to buy him and then pay him.

Matic was cup-tied for the Madrid game and rested for Liverpool. Mikel has been replaced in the squad by him.

Saying people have a prejudice about him is getting into very dangerous territory. Mikel is a fantastically average player who does nothing exceptional yet has three years left on a £75k pw contract.

And if we actually need him at the start of next year, he'll actually be in Morocco playing in the ACON.

People keep on saying that he's a good squad player or a back-up for Matic....like fuck is he. He's a pale imitation, a replacement in name only. He's not a rotation option because if we do actually play him, we'll be a far more limited team.

Roadkill badger is not a decent back-up for sirloin steak.

torres has FFP issues. selling torres would mean having 18mil on FFP just thru his transfer fee. mikel was bought for (MAX - apparently and rumored) at 16mil and would cost us less than 1 or 2 mil even on a free transfer. a very similar situation to essien. so please dont compare apples and oranges.

as for moses, tell me a youth product who as good as he is for the 6th AM spot. is even salah better than him? i dont see a problem with moses as 6th AM. and i am pretty sure we would have had loan offers. moses stays cos jose wants him to. he might very well be on his way to loan at the end of the window like last season.

so, again, mikel is here by jose's CHOICE.

matic played against POOL. he was not "rested". as did mikel. and i will give him his due that he was really good in that match. as he was against ATM, or barca (both legs) or bayern.

and why do u keep bringing up matic being cup tied? do u think matic will play 60 out 60 of our matches. do u think matic is unbreakable? or un-injurable? who here is saying that mikel is better than matic. people are continously saying that he is a good back-up. and he proved it when he put that MOTM performance against ATM cos matic was not availble!!! u kind of just solidated my point there!!!

u keep on saying he is not a decent back up, yet he has put up performances to contradict that, our manager himself has him in the squad to contradict that.

u say "For a player to leave, someone needs to buy him and then pay him." does that mean a 31 year old injury prone, has barely played in the last 4 years, earning more than mikel's 75kpw ESSIEN was more in demand than MIKEL? i am sure even u dont believe that.

so, again, mikel is here by jose's CHOICE.

I remember you saying something similar about Lukaku, something along the lines of 'If Mourinho didn't want him then why didn't he sell him last year'.

I'm right aren't I?

matic played against POOL. he was not "rested". as did mikel. and i will give him his due that he was really good in that match. as he was against ATM, or barca (both legs) or bayern.

Yep, you're absolutely right. It was Luiz and Ramires who were rested, Matic played because he was cup-tied.

and why do u keep bringing up matic being cup tied? do u think matic will play 60 out 60 of our matches. do u think matic is unbreakable? or un-injurable? who here is saying that mikel is better than matic. people are continously saying that he is a good back-up. and he proved it when he put that MOTM performance against ATM cos matic was not availble!!! u kind of just solidated my point there!!!

He was great in first leg of the tie we lost. He also got himself suspended.

u keep on saying he is not a decent back up, yet he has put up performances to contradict that, our manager himself has him in the squad to contradict that.

I don't think he's a decent back up no. I think we can cope with him in the side but he is such a limited player that he makes us a far weaker team. A good back-up is one who seamlessly fits in and doesn't force you to change too much.

I think he's purely here for the passport now and he's gone by next summer, maybe even January. But if you disagree then that's fine.

I remember you saying something similar about Lukaku, something along the lines of 'If Mourinho didn't want him then why didn't he sell him last year'.

I'm right aren't I?

Yep, you're absolutely right. It was Luiz and Ramires who were rested, Matic played because he was cup-tied.

He was great in first leg of the tie we lost. He also got himself suspended.

I don't think he's a decent back up no. I think we can cope with him in the side but he is such a limited player that he makes us a far weaker team. A good back-up is one who seamlessly fits in and doesn't force you to change too much.

I think he's purely here for the passport now and he's gone by next summer, maybe even January. But if you disagree then that's fine.

Lukaku was here cos jose wanted him. It was lukaku who dint want to be the no.2. Probably that's the best explanation. Is not that so?

So mikel got an MOTM against ATM while getting a yellow card. I mean JT got a red against bayern, rambo, iva and meireles got suspended. Does not mean their performances meant any less.

Dude, I don't disagree but jose does. We are not a charity that we keep a player simply cos he wants a passport. I simply can't believe that the sole reason for mikel being a CFC player is that.

Also mikel IS a limited player but also a player who gives us tactical advantage in some situations when we would be defending deep while also being a decent replacement to matic in case of injuries and rest. I am saying decent bot good or great. But off the current crop of DMs available to us, he is the best.

Lukaku was here cos jose wanted him. It was lukaku who dint want to be the no.2. Probably that's the best explanation. Is not that so?

So mikel got an MOTM against ATM while getting a yellow card. I mean JT got a red against bayern, rambo, iva and meireles got suspended. Does not mean their performances meant any less.

Dude, I don't disagree but jose does. We are not a charity that we keep a player simply cos he wants a passport. I simply can't believe that the sole reason for mikel being a CFC player is that.

Also mikel IS a limited player but also a player who gives us tactical advantage in some situations when we would be defending deep while also being a decent replacement to matic in case of injuries and rest. I am saying decent bot good or great. But off the current crop of DMs available to us, he is the best.

There are better options, more enegetic and pacier, than Mikel in that purely defensive role. Players with a bit more urgency in their game, who can actually pull a counter attack with a well-placed long ball - something I reckon Mikel can/could never do.

I, and reckon TPtB, don't think Mikel can possible replace Matic unless in very specific conditions, such as the one you listed above: defending very deep.

Matic moves seamlessly into a CM position and can offer something in attack, something (again) Mikel just cannot do or at least hasn't been able to.

Jose may not be as much a fan of Mikel as you imply. Mikel is currently available and on a long term deal, which was signed before Jose was in charge. Such deal, with so high wages, for a squad player, is what made people suggest this had something to do with Emenalo being his countryman as well. Mikel may not be willing to leave because of his upcoming British passport and when players don't want to leave they don't.

I don't think Mikel is Matic's back up per se, what Mikel offers us is a different option in midfield. He can play the anchor man role in a three man midfield very well, and is a good shield for the back four. He's also an okay option to have in the pivot - especially next to someone like Fabregas as Mikel doesn't offer much offensively. A Mikel - Fabregas pivot is okay.

If anything, MVG is more of a back up to Matic.

There are better options, more enegetic and pacier, than Mikel in that purely defensive role. Players with a bit more urgency in their game, who can actually pull a counter attack with a well-placed long ball - something I reckon Mikel can/could never do.

I, and reckon TPtB, don't think Mikel can possible replace Matic unless in very specific conditions, such as the one you listed above: defending very deep.

Matic moves seamlessly into a CM position and can offer something in attack, something (again) Mikel just cannot do or at least hasn't been able to.

Jose may not be as much a fan of Mikel as you imply. Mikel is currently available and on a long term deal, which was signed before Jose was in charge. Such deal, with so high wages, for a squad player, is what made people suggest this had something to do with Emenalo being his countryman as well. Mikel may not be willing to leave because of his upcoming British passport and when players don't want to leave they don't.

there are better options AVAILABLE in the market. mikel is the best option in CFC's service at the moment. an option like khedira would be immense and brilliant. but would cost us 20mil and 200kpw (apparently thats what he is asking). mikel will cost us NOTHING and his "HUGE" wages are 70kpw. compared to that even someone like song would cost 10mil at least, with his current wages being over mikel's current anyways.

also, i am not saying jose is a mikel fan. infact keeping mikel as the 4th/5th choice DM is hardlysaying much except as a good squad player. and thats what he is - a solid and a good squad player. i can see why jose has chosen mikel over romeu and chalobah. experience being one of those things. secondly, mikel's main role this season is going to be to close out games, and i honestly would give that task to mikel over those 2. thirdly, mikel will be started when we will be sitting deep, in need of pivot players who can attack, we have 4 better options, nat and romeu would not have made a difference. mikel offers us that something different, hence the inclusion.