Mikel John Obi

Badboy

This passport thing that the Mikel haters have come up with is pretty fucking hilarious :lol:

As if Jose Mourinho, who benched Lampard and Cech, froze out Cole, threw Carvalho in the reserves. As if Jose, who was just saying this week how the club and the team always come before the player for him, would keep a player just because of a passport :lol:

Mikel is here because Jose thinks he's valuable to the team and obviously believes he's currently ahead of Romue and MVG.

But I guess whatever gets you all through the night :lol:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to trust the people I know over your opinion. Deriding people who are closer to the truth than you could ever hope to be as 'Mikel haters' is pretty fucking pathetic.

You don't seem to understand that if a player doesn't want to leave when he's under contract then there's not much you can do.

You just have to accept that you're simply out of the loop, uninformed and wildly wrong about certain things.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to trust the people I know over your opinion. Deriding people who are closer to the truth than you could ever hope to be as 'Mikel haters' is pretty fucking pathetic.

You don't seem to understand that if a player doesn't want to leave when he's under contract then there's not much you can do.

You just have to accept that you're simply out of the loop, uninformed and wildly wrong about certain things.

And I'm going to trust Jose Mourinho and the simple truth rather some wild conspiracy theory that doesn't add up.

Allowed to stay at a football club just till he gets his passport :lol: And in a year we have serious issues the number of foreign players in our squad as well! :lol:

But you keep spinning around in your "informed loop" :rolleyes:

This passport thing that the Mikel haters have come up with is pretty fucking hilarious :lol:

As if Jose Mourinho, who benched Lampard and Cech, froze out Cole, threw Carvalho in the reserves. As if Jose, who was just saying this week how the club and the team always come before the player for him, would keep a player just because of a passport :lol:

Mikel is here because Jose thinks he's valuable to the team and obviously believes he's currently ahead of Romue and MVG.

But I guess whatever gets you all through the night :lol:

Or maybe Mikel is still here because no other club wants to sign him?

And I'm going to trust Jose Mourinho and the simple truth rather some wild conspiracy theory that doesn't add up.

Allowed to stay at a football club just till he gets his passport :lol: And in a year we have serious issues the number of foreign players in our squad as well! :lol:

Simple truth is that he's not valuable

Otherwise, there would have been a whole host of clubs ready to sign him

If Jose doesn't want him, he'd have been gone. His wages are relatively low. If Jose didn't think he can valuable to the team, he would have given him away for peanuts if it frees up an international player spot. John made it clear on many occasions that he feels like he owes the club a lot and hence will stay until the club or manager tells him he's not needed anymore.

PS: Any one object about me moving this to the Mikel thread? We're going off topic here.

In what way does it not add up? His agent has made it clear he's not interested in a move until he gets his passport (which actually helps certain teams because he'd be an EU national) and he's got enough good will at the club for them to grant him that.

After that he'll be off, in the summer at the very latest. His problem is that no clubs in this country wanted him at the wages they were quoted.

As for you taking the piss out of members like me who are actually informed about things around the club either because we know people or simply go to places where information is common knowledge, I'll just assume it's the bitterness of having to follow a club from afar on Twitter.

This is a forum for supporters and you should just be grateful that informed supporters actually share their knowledge with you about what's happening at this club. Don't take the piss.

Simple truth is that he's not valuable

Otherwise, there would have been a whole host of clubs ready to sign him

Maybe. But even forgetting the interest from Galatasaray, Besiktas and Inter (who were certain that they'd sign him), he's here because the manager wants him here like all the other players in our squad. It's as simple as that. The conspiracy theories about his passport are hilarious.

There are clubs who would be interested if the player wanted to leave. The thing is he doesn't, he has a contract and he's well-paid.

Silly little boys who don't understand that footballers are humans with their own agendas and needs think it's as simple as right-clicking on a player's name and highlighting 'sell' are so out of touch with reality that it's laughable. It's not just a lack of understanding of the football world, but of the working world from infantile man-childs who have no experience of such things.

He has a contract, he doesn't want to leave....that's pretty much the end of the matter for now.

MVG doesn't want a loan: 'He is such a man, trying to fight for his place'

Torres doesn't want a loan: ' OMG cancer please leave already you're not wanted here'

I really want Torres to leave but there are some issues in this topic :P

Van Ginkel is an ambitious young man who would be paid the same on the same contract if he went to Milan.

Torres's objections apparently stem not from footballing reasons but purely contractual issues (according to reports - I'll admit I have no greater knowledge of what's going on beyond what is reported).

Maybe. But even forgetting the interest from Galatasaray, Besiktas and Inter (who were certain that they'd sign him), he's here because the manager wants him here like all the other players in our squad. It's as simple as that. The conspiracy theories about his passport are hilarious.

Deriding them as conspiracy theories simply because you don't want to believe them is hilarious.

What are you struggling to understand about it being nigh-on impossible to move a player on if they have a contract and don't want to leave? Even someone with no experience of the working world must've at least a vague understanding of these things.

So you tell us. If a player is in the middle of a contract, wants to remain in the country for a few more months to acquire a fairly valuable passport and no other club in the country is a viable option, what exactly are the options? Come on Choulo, in a purely hypothetical situation, what EXACTLY can an employer do?

Gets popcorn.... :D

In what way does it not add up? His agent has made it clear he's not interested in a move until he gets his passport (which actually helps certain teams because he'd be an EU national) and he's got enough good will at the club for them to grant him that.

After that he'll be off, in the summer at the very latest. His problem is that no clubs in this country wanted him at the wages they were quoted.

As for you taking the piss out of members like me who are actually informed about things around the club either because we know people or simply go to places where information is common knowledge, I'll just assume it's the bitterness of having to follow a club from afar on Twitter.

This is a forum for supporters and you should just be grateful that informed supporters actually share their knowledge with you about what's happening at this club. Don't take the piss.

It doesn't add up in the sense that Jose would allow to keep a player he doesn't want in the team just for that player to get a passport especially in a season we're having trouble with with international players quota.

The passport may indeed be playing a part in why John wants to stay, but it certainly has nothing to do with why the club and Jose want him to stay.

Oh, I get down on my knees in prayer every day, thanking the lord for the condescending English members like yourself with your "informed circles" to educate us ignorant foreign fans! :cry: Don't you have any records to play other than the Xenophobic 'true fans' patronizing bullshit, you self righteous bore?! :yawn:

Deriding them as conspiracy theories simply because you don't want to believe them is hilarious.

What are you struggling to understand about it being nigh-on impossible to move a player on if they have a contract and don't want to leave? Even someone with no experience of the working world must've at least a vague understanding of these things.

So you tell us. If a player is in the middle of a contract, wants to remain in the country for a few more months to acquire a fairly valuable passport and no other club in the country is a viable option, what exactly are the options? Come on Choulo, in a purely hypothetical situation, what EXACTLY can an employer do?

Gets popcorn.... :D

Loan him out to a club in England to free up an international player spot and get someone else in his place if he really isn't valuable to the team. Yet, we've loaned out Romeu and are looking to loan Van Ginkel instead.

It's almost as if Jose wants Mikel here, right? Funny.