Mikel John Obi

Badboy

A funny fact.. In my FM save Mikel is probably one of the, if not THE key player in my Chelsea team and I'm competing with Man City to win the title. FM 2014 seems to criminally underrate Matic. He has like two stars!

Always when i played Fifa or FM i sell him before i start to play. :ph34r:

A funny fact.. In my FM save Mikel is probably one of the, if not THE key player in my Chelsea team and I'm competing with Man City to win the title. FM 2014 seems to criminally underrate Matic. He has like two stars!

Spoiler alert - contains information about FM design and implementation...

FM has a design flaw: there is no distinction between short and long passing, just a flat passing attribute - same with jumping btw.

Well mikel happens to have 18/20 in passing (FM12)!!!! So FM has mikel as one of the best passers in its database and yet his long balls are the worst in RL! His passing accuracy also goes down once he moves up the pitch; his technique on FM is also too high for how pedestrian and slow he is on the ball.

You might think I am exaggerating but we are talking about a player who has a couple? of goals and ZERO assists in how many years playing for the club.

FM needs a revamp in its database system and it's Match engine, but we only get updates at full price.

• 2 weeks later...

I had just about forgotten that he was still with us.

He was warming the bench most of last season with Lamps, Ramires, and Luiz in midfield. Can't imagine him playing more than that this season now that MvG is fit. Plus the possibility of Romeu staying (doubtful).

He must be very satisfied with his wage. He could go and start for some decent sides but seems content sitting on the bench.

I had just about forgotten that he was still with us.

He was warming the bench most of last season with Lamps, Ramires, and Luiz in midfield. Can't imagine him playing more than that this season now that MvG is fit. Plus the possibility of Romeu staying (doubtful).

He must be very satisfied with his wage. He could go and start for some decent sides but seems content sitting on the bench.

36 appearances for us last season. To compare, Lamps had 40. Absolutely laughable that you would suggest that he's stealing living. He had a decent season and was very solid whenever called upon.

He won't be a starter because Jose wants someone more dynamic, like Matic, for the role, but he can still be a very good squad player and offer something different that no one else in our squad can offer and which can be vital in certain situations.

36 appearances for us last season. To compare, Lamps had 40. Absolutely laughable that you would suggest that he's stealing living. He had a decent season and was very solid whenever called upon.

He won't be a starter because Jose wants someone more dynamic, like Matic, for the role, but he can still be a very good squad player and offer something different that no one else in our squad can offer and which can be vital in certain situations.

Christ, calm down.

I wasn't suggesting he's "stealing a living." True, he made plenty of appearances last season but mostly when the game was already over. He's not an impact player at all. Like you said, he's decent at a very specific role. A point I've made here a number of times.

I'm just saying that it's strange that he's happy to be a bit part player when he could go elsewhere and be a regular.

His CL final was probably his best performance in a Chelsea shirt, thats why.

Lets be real the way we parked the bus suited him down to the ground, he has decent defensive qualities but on the ball and going forward he's poor. Simple as that.

Also Mikel was overrated long before the CL final mate.

Some of you guys should have been here a couple of years ago, back then so many people overrated him, very funny looking back tbh.

I still belive he is a great player. He can't attack, sure, but he is a very important squad member, a true hard worker. He has worked with 8 managers and each of them liked him..

Lets be real the way we parked the bus suited him down to the ground, he has decent defensive qualities but on the ball and going forward he's poor. Simple as that.

Also Mikel was overrated long before the CL final mate.

I still believe he is more suited to a 433 as a lone CDM, just because he is poor going forward, he has a decent passing game, long balls too.Overrated is a strong word for Mikel, if he is so used by that number of managers, dont you think its because he can do the job against specific oppositions ?

I still belive he is a great player. He can't attack, sure, but he is a very important squad member, a true hard worker. He has worked with 8 managers and each of them liked him..

And 7 of them were sacked....meanwhile we can't give him away.

Maybe, juuuuuuuuuuuust maybe, there's literally nothing to talk about :rolleyes:

That didn't stop people in the past. They know who they are, how they used to say he was one of the best DMs in Europe, how he was a beast for Nigeria....

and now they've even changed their 'favourite players' selection and don't defend him anymore.