Mikel John Obi

Badboy

That should be saved for the really bad players like Torres, Kalou, Benayoun, Marin etc.

You really can't say "don't post gifs about this guy" but then advocate it for other players.

Whether or not players are good/bad is subjective.

Kalou did a lot of good at this club. I feel like Mikel hasn't. So I can flip that and say what you're saying but switch the names of Mikel & Kalou around.

You really can't say "don't post gifs about this guy" but then advocate it for other players.

Whether or not players are good/bad is subjective.

Kalou did a lot of good at this club. I feel like Mikel hasn't. So I can flip that and say what you're saying but switch the names of Mikel & Kalou around.

You won't see me posting gifs about any player, but i can understand it for some - Bosingwa, Benayoun, Kalou don't belong at a club like Chelsea, and their donkey play is so apparent for all to see.

Anyway, Mikel stepped up when Essien was injured under Carlo and we won the PL. He was also instrumental under RDM and was probably our best player in the CL final - that is enough good imo. He's very inconsistent that's for sure, but generally he does a good enough job - but unfortunately for him, fans have come to expect much more from that position having watched Maka and Essien in his prime.

Ridiculous. Mikel is not terrible to have people 'celebrating' and posting stupid gifs at news of his potential departure. That should be saved for the really bad players like Torres, Kalou, Benayoun, Marin etc.

I do hope he's sold because we just have too many players, and some people have to leave to make room. But he's a decent player, capable of contributing at an acceptable level at many teams. And I'd still rather have him in the team than Essien.

Hopefully if he does leave, Romeu can be made backup to De Rossi/Capoue/whoever.

Fair point. Although I reckon Essien at his peak, before the knee injuries, was twice the player Mikel is.

Also, what you say of Mikel can also be said of Torres. The fact that neither is good enough for Chelsea, makes it a "good thing" when and if we unload them.

Fair point. Although I reckon Essien at his peak, before the knee injuries, was twice the player Mikel is.

Definitely. But this is not the same Essien, and he's only going to stay at Chelsea because of his Mourinho butt-kissing.

Also, what you say of Mikel can also be said of Torres. The fact that neither is good enough for Chelsea, makes it a "good thing" when and if we unload them.

I only included Torres because of his price tag. His first 2 seasons at Chelsea were terrible, he did alright last season. But overall his production is nothing you would expect for a 50m striker, so everyone involved with the club should be happy to see the back of him really.

Mikel cost what like 4m? (minus the extra we paid Man utd for all the complications :lol: ) and has been a main-stay in the team for a while now. We can get a better DM than him, but it's not like he isn't good enough to be backup. But like i said, we have many players, and there's Ramires and Romeu, so somebody has to leave.

We really do have some spoilt c**ts that support this club.

I cringe at all the hatred people spew about our players on a daily basis on here.

Torres, JT, ramires, Mikel, Kalou,Lamps etc no one is safe on here.

There's a massive difference between not thinking a player isn't good enough and celebrating their potential departure,

Say what you want about Mikel but he was crucial in our CL run as we're some of the aforementioned names on this post, show a little bit more respect. He made 200+ appearances for us and has been a loyal servant for the club.

Few of you seem a bit too overjoyed about the thought of Mikel leaving, crazy. You're saying it like he's a terrible player :banghead: He's a decent player IMO and if he does leave I wish him all the best.

I'll wish him all the best, but I'll be happy we've moved on from him. Some of his performances last season were atrocious and the disdain with which he treated the Europa League (before the Kazan leg, not the final where he couldn't wait to get his hands on the trophy) was pretty much the final straw.

I thought maybe Mourinho could help reinvigorate him, but I honestly don't think we'll miss him with Lamps, Rami, Romeu, Ake, Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek here for the present and the future and people like De Rossi being mooted for him.

But apparently there's a list of some players who can have gifs posted for them and some who can't - fuck know's what Marin did to be on that list apart from not being good enough. Can't blame the kid for trying though.

lol @ people saying he was instrumental in our CL run

we got dominated for most parts of each game we played

it's not hard to look good as a DM when you're parking the bus

the job of a DM is partly to distribute the game from midfield so you are not resorted to parking the bus

I'll wish him all the best, but I'll be happy we've moved on from him. Some of his performances last season were atrocious and the disdain with which he treated the Europa League (before the Kazan leg, not the final where he couldn't wait to get his hands on the trophy) was pretty much the final straw.

I thought maybe Mourinho could help reinvigorate him, but I honestly don't think we'll miss him with Lamps, Rami, Romeu, Ake, Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek here for the present and the future and people like De Rossi being mooted for him.

But apparently there's a list of some players who can have gifs posted for them and some who can't - fuck know's what Marin did to be on that list apart from not being good enough. Can't blame the kid for trying though.

I wouldn't mind him moving either, but I aren't jumping with joy over it. Every player has a few bad games a season, to me he's just a quiet player (till he tackles aggressively) who I don't really notice, a good thing? I aren't sure, but somebody has to start the ball from midfield either it be a simplistic pass or a switch from one side to the other. I can't see us using Romeu either, i'd rather see Chalbs given ago, Ake or even Cheek for the lower games of the season.