Mikel John Obi

Badboy

its the close season...so why not a close season for shitting on Mikel.

Grouse cant be shot till 12th August so wait,

Either Jose will replace Mikel and all the haters can celebrate or he will use Mikel and the critics can tell Jose ,,,,you dont know what youre

fucking doing

Sort your comparisons out will ya....At least give Chalobah a chance to break in before hand man, Jesus Christ!!

Chalobah was a passenger in the biggest game of his career and also a no-show for his country at the Euro's.

Mikel carried his country to a WC final at the same age and was widely regarded as one of the best prospects in the World........ a batch that includes the likes of Messi, Cesc, Aguero, Silva, Falcao & Llorente and also had footballing giants such as Madrid, Barcelona, United and Arsenal chasing him.

All before we decided to play him out of position in a role he seamlessly adapted to eventually.

Hiddink, Mourinho, Scolari, Ancelotti & RDM's tactical understanding and general knowledge of the game > the random bloke who thinks a nobody (who's done nothing so far in his career for me to consider otherwise) that plays in the Championship is better.

Chalobah was a passenger in the biggest game of his career and also a no-show for his country at the Euro's.

Mikel carried his country to a WC final at the same age and was widely regarded as one of the best prospects in the World........ a batch that includes the likes of Messi, Cesc, Aguero, Silva, Falcao & Llorente and also had footballing giants such as Madrid, Barcelona, United and Arsenal chasing him.

All before we decided to play him out of position in a role he seamlessly adapted to eventually.

Hiddink, Mourinho, Scolari, Ancelotti & RDM's tactical understanding and general knowledge of the game > the random bloke who thinks a nobody (who's done nothing so far in his career for me to consider otherwise) that plays in the Championship is better.

So once again, you have written off Chalobah before he has kicked a proper ball at Chelsea? It's like comparing my seven year old to Cavani.....you are being short sighted and very silly.

I'm not saying Chalobah is better, that's daft in itself, but what I am saying is I am not willing to write off a kid or compare to someone like Mikel when he hasn't kicked a ball in anger for Chelsea.

You couldn't of missed the point more here pal, in fact Ramos's penalty that sailed over the bar was closer than you on this one.

So you're judging him by two and a half games under managers who were tactically outthought by their opposition numbers? A little unfair.

No-one will argue that he didn't have massive potential as a younger man.

Again, another pop at Chalobah. Why? This is a young man starting off his career who has made a fantastic start and you want to shit on him?

Thank god there are many, many people there to support this guy week in and week out and he doesn't have to rely on some random bloke on the internet. :tophat:

its the close season...so why not a close season for shitting on Mikel.

Grouse cant be shot till 12th August so wait,

Either Jose will replace Mikel and all the haters can celebrate or he will use Mikel and the critics can tell Jose ,,,,you dont know what youre

fucking doing

Woah, Calm down there old boy :P

If 20 million is on the table Mikel will be gone ,Rafa had him worked out and left him out of the team ,Mikel is deluded his comments about being too good for the Europa League were ubelievable considering his useless efforts were a massive factor in us being there in the first place,if Jose is half the manager I know he is he will know the score on Mikel and he will be gone and I will drink a glass of champagne that we are finally rid of this coward of a player .

If 20 million is on the table Mikel will be gone ,Rafa had him worked out and left him out of the team ,Mikel is deluded his comments about being too good for the Europa League were ubelievable considering his useless efforts were a massive factor in us being there in the first place,if Jose is half the manager I know he is he will know the score on Mikel and he will be gone and I will drink a glass of champagne that we are finally rid of this coward of a player .

20M? I almost fucking died there. I'm afraid anyone would even pay 10 M for him, I was like in Red Cafe forums once, and they like fucking feel so blessed that they didn't bought him. Release him on a free, we are a fucking rich club and 10M would be nothing for us cause I don't think anyteam seriously looking to win something would buy him -___-

For those wondering why we are not accepting 20-25 mn offers for Mikel, here is the reality: Those offers do not exist.

All this transfer interest nonsense started in some nigerian/african papers with quotes by a Nigerian FIFA agent. No other place has reported any interest. They are just trying to play up their own player. No sane team will pay more than 5 million for Obi Mikel.

Next season Mikel will be considered by Mourinho, not as an unidimensional player restricted in a very precise role but as a versatile midfielder able to ease the ball circulation to connect different areas of the pitch with one pass where other teams/player would need 2 or 3 more passes

I'm not going to say that we were in the best shape last season, because we weren't. My problem with Mikel is that he plays in a position that requires the most maturity on the pitch, is 26 years old yet is still a passenger.

We have MEN in our team who have stood up to be counted, pulled the team along and made us better than we had any right to be (people like Mata, Hazard, Lamps at times, Rami, Luiz and even Torres at points). That's what people who follow this club have always respected and it's why Mikel is such a divisive character. On stats sheets he looks impressive but people who support this club know that it takes more than that, which is why people like Makelele were so well-respected. Maka played in an unfashionable, messy position but the supporters of Chelsea Football Club aren't mugs and saw exactly what he brought to the team.

He was a leader who put the team first and made players around him better.

Now there's one more thing about the Mikel defenders - you have to stop using the CL Final as a defence of him because we were the worse team in that game and were lucky to win. We were outfought in midfield, we lost the possession battle and Bayern created 21 shots on target - how the fuck is that an endorsement of Mikel's abilities in that position??

I'm sorry, but I want men who are proud to pull the Chelsea shirt on at any opportunity to be at this club and Mikel made people like you and Choulo look like complete mugs with performances like the one away to Rubin Kazan.

If I have to point fingers as you do seem to enjoy, I'd blame the board for fucking up the season until Mourinho signs (we had the raw squad without squad players with two back to back interim managers).

Our situation in midfield was clownesque, that's something we have shared with Reading or Aston Villa, definitely something to be proud of. Constant 3v2 in midfield with attackers who can't or don't put a shift defensively, leaving the midfielders to sweep the entire width of the pitch ; to protect the full backs and the angle inside the field, to protect the zone 5 ahead of the penalty box (the hole)... Yeah, that's definitely the best situation to speak about body language or whatever, as if football performance was just about what you actually see

Mikel is typically a player that males players around him better considering he eases the ball circulation with his passing range. He's made to flourish in a team where there's passing circuits, a ball retention habit... where there's actual calls around him.

What's the difference between Chelsea's Mikel from the first games of the season and the one who was elected best player of the AFCON ? He had attacking players doing actual calls through space, not ones not doing any (Torres) or waiting the ball onto their feet...

Mikel was injured at the end of the season but one of the reasons he was left out was because he wasn't needed. Our performances at the end of the season weren't rational, somehow we managed not to be behind and some knackered 21 years old could still manage to carry the ball and beat 3 opponents on 25 yards to creat clear goalscoring opportunities...

We didn't kept the ball anymore nor had collective circuits to create chance, all was left on unexpected (after 60+ games) individual brilliance. That's where Benitez definitely can be considered kind of lucky considering how the games turned, how none of his attacking players were injured...

Next season Mikel will be considered by Mourinho, not as an unidimensional player restricted in a very precise role but as a versatile midfielder able to ease the ball circulation to connect different areas of the pitch with one pass where other teams/player would need 2 or 3 more passes

Yea, his passing range is brilliant...must be so hard to just stand there and pass the ball back to the CB or to Cech...under no real pressure.

Mikel is a passenger, not a leader...and that is part of the problem with our midfield.

We don't have a CM/DM who is capable of leading the players in those tough games against strong opposition.

As for people who use Mikel's AFCON performances to praise his ability and his brilliant play...well you'd expect him to stand up against average opposition.

Under... WHAT ? :lol:

Here's my problem with his passing range. I suspect it's good, in fact having seen some of his AFCON performances I'm fairly certain it is but it's so unambitious and lacking in urgency much of the time.

Now I'm quite prepared to accept that he's been asked to do that, but other players who have come into that position over the last couple of seasons haven't played in the same way. Romeu was much more ambitious with his passing, more ready to switch wings with long passes, play harder passes through the lines to a striker or attacking midfielder (which forces teams to re-adjust) or simply bring it out of defence with a bit more urgency (a word I use a lot with Mikel).

Even Ake in his matches showed a lot more willingness to hit first time balls with pace (one of which instigated the break which led to the first goal against Everton) although it's way too early to tell.

Even Chalobah has shown a willingness at Watford to drive the play on, but it's a different system in a different league so again there are question marks.

All this makes it a bit more frustrating with Mikel. If he has the ability to impose himself on games and drag players along with him then why doesn't he do it for Chelsea? Why is he so passive, slow and lackadaisical? Maybe Jose can stick the rocket up his arse that he so badly needs.

So you didn't watch his games at the AFCON. Watch again how Nigeria scores against Burkina. Vertical sideway pass toward the striker from Mikel's own half, completely unambitious. That's just the example that comes into mind right now

So that's a good step, you finally seem to admit that if he plays so much playing that way, that's maybe because there's instructions not far away.

Mikel knows how to find penetration when there's a clear opportunity to do so

Do you remember the Wolves game in League Cup? 11 fringe players for the team that'll end the season relegated in 3rd division. I remember Romeu giving the ball away on several occasions and being responsible for the two clear cut chances offered to Wolves with two missed passes 30 yards from goal...

Both of your examples of MIkel playing well are against below average teams.

As I said, he looks great against poor opposition...which is what you expect from an average midfielder.