• Kante
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Lamptey (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

13 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Barely.  Last 20 minutes of the match gave me some life.  That was 3 gifted points (by the ref and Mustafi), but I'll take it.

We were so bad in the first half that we made Arsenal look good.

I'll check out AFTV to listen to them shit themselves.

Good to know you're still alive! :P

Hope you had a great B-day. :D 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Yes true. But this is also because Arteta expected it and had plans to pin our full backs. 

As well as they defended, it's also strange that Arteta changed nothing to stop us from dominating the game. Granted we never looked like scoring until Leno's blunder but he was sure playing with fire because one goal from us would change the game and it sure did. Arsenal had just 3 shots after they scored and none were on target. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

As well as they defended, it's also strange that Arteta changed nothing to stop us from dominating the game. Granted we never looked like scoring until Leno's blunder but he was sure playing with fire because one goal from us would change the game and it sure did. Arsenal had just 3 shots after they scored and none were on target. 

He tried by bringing on Willock to add pressing energy but I think it was more a case his team were shattered. 

They've been half arsing it for years so they were never going to be able to do 90 minutes of high octane football overnight.

55 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He tried by bringing on Willock to add pressing energy but I think it was more a case his team were shattered. 

They've been half arsing it for years so they were never going to be able to do 90 minutes of high octane football overnight.

Not expecting high octane football but just some sort of reaction to our dominance, like a change in formation or something just to give us a food for thought. His subs was like-for-like in terms of position. Aubameyang was non-existent going forward, Lacazette was invisible, could have gone with 2 up top for instance. 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Guys, while we got a result at the Emirates...

I am SUPER worried about the return at the Bridge. Arsenal played well against us and given our disgusting performances at the Bridge...

Hopefully NOT but this could be Arsenal’s year of finally beating us. Hopefully NOT, but Lampard has to turn it around.

Let's try to win the games between now and then first, before worrying about the return fixture. :carlo: 

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well I did say Lampard needs to fix our home form before the return fixture and realistically he only has 1 home game to change that (Nottingham Forest doesn’t count).

Sure but let’s try and get a winning run going again first, rather than alternating results like we’ve been doing in these last 2 months.

31 minutes ago, Mana said:

Guys, while we got a result at the Emirates...

I am SUPER worried about the return at the Bridge. Arsenal played well against us and given our disgusting performances at the Bridge...

Hopefully NOT but this could be Arsenal’s year of finally beating us. Hopefully NOT, but Lampard has to turn it around.

I swear you write off our chances against Arsenal every time we face them?

To put this another way, imagine us in their situation, we are on a run of winning 1 game in 15, just got beat at home by Spurs who are miles above us and i was running around saying we could win at WHL in less than a month.

You'd be the first to laugh at me and dismiss any chance of that happening of the bat.