• Pedro
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

All will be forgiven if we beat Villa and Everton on the bounce. Luckily the latter is away from home. 

Any news on Tammy? 

And spurs... That's the big one! Seeing as our record against top league teams has been losses.. 

Here's the tricky thing, we've got a lot of games coming up. So rotation is to be expected/needed but the problem is, Lampard has barely played Giroud & Pedro for ages and expecting them to just come in and turn it on is nonsensical. If anything, Lampard should have brought them on as subs etc in past games so they at least have some match sharpness - unlike Giroud, Pedro hasn't even been playing international games! Also, as bad as Batshuayi has been, going with a False 9 and then lumping crosses into the box made no sense whatsoever. 

Precisely. You can't expect to effectively freeze Giroud out magically expect him to deliver. 

Jorginho is the main one tbh; he's been dreadful since the INT break, so he shouldn't be near the starting XI against Villa.

But James, Mount, Tomori, Odoi and Pulisic are. Throughout the end of Sarri's tenure almost everyone was universally on board with the fact we will show a bit more patience if we're seeing academy boys getting significant minutes. First signs of trouble Mount gets it from all angles, Hudson Odoi is branded a greedy git with an ego and someone's even gone as far as demanding Lampard to be sacked.

We will lose shithouse games like this every now and again while our youngsters are still developing.

No one is exempt from criticism because of their age. From what I can see, Jorginho & Willian were called out for there part as well.

A few gamed this season where Lampard's squad selection or subs have cost us. Needs to make the right calls on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I would agree on Mounts Performance, but I thought CHO was decent. Good dribblings and tried to cross it when he could. He can't be that explosive when West Ham was very defending deep.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I just have not seen it all since he has come back

I am very worried (I do not often concern troll, I usually just rip into players)

he looks damaged atm to my eyes

it is killing me to say that

he looked so special before, let us all hope he can fully recover (mentally too)

Just now, LAM09 said:

Jorginho is the main one tbh; he's been dreadful since the INT break, so he shouldn't be near the starting XI against Villa.

I did point out that he has been playing A LOT this season for club and country but people thought he would be just fine without any rest. He has been subbed off in the last 3 games!

Also, I find it bizarre how easily we can lose control of games with him AND Kovacic in the XI. This is the 2nd game in 4 days where we've allowed it to become a basketball match. 

Losing to a struggling side, not testing a 3rd choice keeper on his debut, playing clueless football is so on the Chelsea brand!

I thought our lineup was fine. The issue was as Jason mentioned, not bringing in Giroud and Pedro more often. Both looked so off pace and rusty. 

Shake it off and focus on Villa and Everton. Games we should be focused on doing anything to bag three points. 

Of-fucking-course we decide to put in our sloppiest, most lackluster performance of the season at home to arguably the worst team we've faced. A team who benched a couple of their best players and had a new keeper. A team who has been conceding goals for fun and who were on the verge of sacking their manager.

And we barely even troubled them. Absolutely embarrassing.

That huge cushion we built for ourselves nearly pissed away with Mourinho's Spuds surging.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Precisely. You can't expect to effectively freeze Giroud out magically expect him to deliver.

Mancini FUCKED us bad, playing him full 90 in a dead rubber

CUNT

I did point out that he has been playing A LOT this season for club and country but people thought he would be just fine without any rest. He has been subbed off in the last 3 games!
Also, I find it bizarre how easily we can lose control of games with him AND Kovacic in the XI. This is the 2nd game in 4 days where we've allowed it to become a basketball match. 
Losing to a struggling side, not testing a 3rd choice keeper on his debut, playing clueless football is so on the Chelsea brand!

That midfield offers literally no protection.

The keeper thing is something I pointed out earlier. Probably making his Prem debut at 33 and wasn't tested at all. [emoji58]

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

No one is except from criticism because of their age. From what I can see, Jorginho & Willian were called out for there part as well.

A few gamed this season where Lampard's squad selection or subs have cost us. Needs to make the right calls on Wednesday.

I fully agree no one's excempt from critisism but some of the comments on Mason today and Odoi in recent weeks wouldn't have looked out of place in the Kalou thread at its most toxic.

I actually believe Pulisic would have been targeted by the crowd like Jorginho was in days like today too but luckily he's playing far too well for that to happen.

Just now, Pizy said:

Of-fucking-course we decide to put in our sloppiest, most lackluster performance of the season at home to arguably the worst team we've faced. A team who benched a couple of their best players and had a new keeper. A team who has been conceding goals for fun and who were on the verge of sacking their manager.

And we barely even troubled them. Absolutely embarrassing.

That huge cushion we built for ourselves nearly pissed away with Mourinho's Spuds surging.

and who had their best CB by far banned :(

also, fucking Rice had his best game of the year

he was fucking immense

IF he played like that every game I can so see why we would all ready to splash 70m on him

but he does not do it game in and game out and tbh, he has looked dreadful overall at times on a really class England side

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

That midfield offers literally no protection.

The keeper thing is something I pointed out earlier. Probably making his Prem debut at 33 and wasn't tested at all. emoji58.png

Those 2 are hopeless defensively. We'll never get anywhere unless we morph into peak City off the ball - press as a team all over the pitch and make tactical fouls etc. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Here's the tricky thing, we've got a lot of games coming up. So rotation is to be expected/needed but the problem is, Lampard has barely played Giroud & Pedro for ages and expecting them to just come in and turn it on is nonsensical. If anything, Lampard should have brought them on as subs etc in past games so they at least have some match sharpness - unlike Giroud, Pedro hasn't even been playing international games!

Also, as bad as Batshuayi has been, going with a False 9 and then lumping crosses into the box made no sense whatsoever. 

This. It was a bizarre game. I honestly thought both are pretty much goner. Then suddenly both started. 

I am interested what is the thinking behind our last 20 min strategy.