• Pedro
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Also that WHU GK pulling a performance of a lifetime just against Chelsea and then next week they will concede 5.

Okay that's an exaggeration because none of the saves he made were exceptional. All rather basic. But the worst part is, we created nothing whatsoever in the second half. Didn't even test him!

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

That made no sense whatsoever...

Trying to play through them instead of crossing, plan was Pulisic drags a defender out of position to allow us space to run into.

It didn't work, but that was the plan.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

That made no sense whatsoever...

It does not? Makes sense to me, only thing which is weird is, we olayed the complete opposite of it. Instead of stretching the defence, getting defenders out of their box for mid fielders to make runs into space, we ended up shafting the ball to willian and Reece who kept crossing it in. The way we olayed did not make any sense, but i can definitely understand what SFL said and his reasoning in the interview.

Just now, Tomo said:

Trying to play through them instead of crossing, plan was Pulisic drags a defender out of position to allow us space to run into.

But we kept putting crosses in!?

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Exactly. But i guess, we can go overboard and critisize anything and anyone today.

Just now, 1905didierblue said:

It does not? Makes sense to me, only thing which is weird is, we olayed the complete opposite of it. Instead of stretching the defence, getting defenders out of their box for mid fielders to make runs into space, we ended up shafting the ball to willian and Reece who kept crossing it in. The way we olayed did not make any sense, but i can definitely understand what SFL said and his reasoning in the interview.

Precisely why I said it didn't make sense. If the plan really was to play through them, then why on earth did we keep crossing the ball in? 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

But we kept putting crosses in!?

Panicking (which is something we need to work on).

We started the first five minutes well with the false nine but after realising that it still wasn't getting them to bite we panicked and just did anything and everything possible.

Just now, Jason said:

Precisely why I said it didn't make sense. If the plan really was to play through them, then why on earth did we keep crossing the ball in? 

Because the players were not able to execute them. Not everything goes according to the plan and as expected and you take the easy route out, which was willian left wide open on the right hand side.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Panicking (which is something we need to work on).

We started the first five minutes well with the false nine but after realising that it still wasn't getting them to bite we panicked and just did anything and everything possible.

Just now, 1905didierblue said:

Because the players were not able to execute them. Not everything goes according to the plan and as expected and you take the easy route out, which was willian left wide open on the right hand side.

Panicking or just brain dead from the players? Because today wasn't the first time we tried to put high crosses with a False 9. It happened when Hazard as well. 

How the fuck did we manage this? West Ham's beem playing shite for weeks on end. No striker on after 60 odd minutes, for me, Frank got it wrong again. Same mid week and same v City. Still plenty games to redeem ourselves though but if United win as well they will be chasing too for the top 4 with Spurs too who despite conceding are still getting results. We need to make sure we win our next few and those 2 drop points to give us a bit more clearance again, 6 points isnt a lot and considering we have to play Arsenal and Spurs soon too.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

How the fuck did we manage this? West Ham's beem playing shite for weeks on end. No striker on after 60 odd minutes, for me, Frank got it wrong again. Same mid week and same v City. Still plenty games to redeem ourselves though but if United win as well they will be chasing too for the top 4 with Spurs too who despite conceding are still getting results.

I know we have Spurs and Arsenal later in December but United face Spurs in midweek and then the Manchester derby next weekend.