• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Willian
    • Abraham
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • James (sub)

This will be a very tough game I think. Even for us being at home. They arent on the best run but they showed last week when their backs are against the wall they can perform.

I am concerned about us at CB because the guy Joelinton is a very good physical number 9 who has shown promise for them this season. He can be very physical so I hope Zouma and Tomori are up for it. Plus Saint-Maximin is excellent in 1 v 1s, at carrying the ball up the pitch and Almiron has shown he can be a difficult player to play against as well as he is very quick and good in tight spaces. 

Wont be as easy as many will think so it is essential we get an early goal so they come out and attack us to open up more spaces.

On 15/10/2019 at 11:48 AM, the wes said:

Any updated on Kante mateo Barkley James Rudiger  ??? 

Frank Lampard has ruled N’Golo Kante, Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger out of our Premier League clash with Newcastle United this weekend.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/10/18/frank-lampard-provides-fitness-update-on-n-golo-kante--andreas-c?cardIndex=0-6

The boss confirmed in his weekly pre-match press conference at Cobham that Kante had suffered a groin injury away on international duty with France, while Christensen would be out for a fortnight with a hamstring injury. Meanwhile, there was more positive news in the comeback of Rudiger, who has returned to outdoor training in recent days.

‘No, N’Golo is not fit,’ said Lampard when asked about his injury list. ‘He had a small groin issue in the warm-up to the first international game for France, we didn’t get him back until after the second game and he’s not fit for Saturday.’

Lampard expressed some frustration at the breakdown in communication with the French national team over the midfielder’s latest setback, insisting he could have returned to Cobham sooner to receive treatment.

‘Before the international break, I know Didier Deschamps mentioned in jest a little bit about Oli Giroud, which was quite light-hearted and I get it because we all have our selection problems,’ continued Lampard.

snip

On 16/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, LAM09 said:

Any word on James being available?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-star-reece-james-passed-20645470

Chelsea will have Reece James available for the Premier League game with Newcastle at the weekend - but four senior stars are unlikely to feature.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:15 AM, BlueLyon said:

I hate Alonso because he is so slow, but he actualy made his point in recent games and isnt just a  bench fodder as he was in the start of season. In the next couple games Emerson has to show why he is undispited starter when fit.

With Tomori starting, Alonso is pretty much a guarantee starter. 

16 hours ago, milka said:

---------------Kepa

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Tomori - Emerson

Kovacic   ------   Jorginho

Mount

Willian/Pedro  ----- Abraham ----- Hudson-Odoi 

Managers always tell players that they have to play well if they want to get into the side. Once you do, they say you have to keep playing well if you want to stay in. We've heard Frank say stuff like that at pretty much all of his pressers, so, he may feel that he has to live up to those ideas and keep Marcos and Willian in the line up. The wild card though is that he could have one eye on Ajax. I can see him wanting to keep Willian fresh for that game, and also wanting Emerson's better physicality for Amsterdam. If that thought process dominates his thinking then I can see Pedro and Marcos in today, then Willian and Emerson on Wednesday.

Yet again Saturday 3pm game and you can guess twice whether the broadcaster has chosen Chelsea game to be shown out of all the games from that timeslot....This keeps happening almost every weekend now. In previous seasons I've been able to watch vast majority of the Chelsea games from TV but now I have to keep watching streams over and over again. Annoying as hell.

Anyways, pretty confident about this game despite our injury problems. Abraham, Barkley, Mount, Jorginho, Alonso, Tomori, Willian are all in good form right now, Hudson-Odoi is getting there. Hoping to see James as well 

Expected line up to be honest. They will hopefully be enough to secure the victory. Abraham, Mount or Kepa, I don't mind who scores here but a victory after the international break is all I want. All that everyone wants lol.