• Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

yes, but even with a healthy Laporte that is not a truly WC CB group, and Shitty go 2 deep in terms of WC or near that in almost every position

they spend a club record on a top 4 or so in the world RB and then barely play him, lolol

it isnt like I was not saying this before the summer window even opened

Cancelo signing imo was more for plan b scenario if they go to back 3.

29 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Hi guys, couldnt watch the game, but im delighted with the win and scoreline, how did we play?

Aww, we were useless :P:P. Played nice sharp football,Willian was everywhere, crossing, tracking back, winning back possession. Alonso too was very good. Tammy Mount and CHO link play at times between them was a joy to watch. Jorginho pulled the strings, Kante tackled everything and scored.Pulisic came on for final 10 minutes with Bats and played him in with a lovely pass. Only downside is our centre halves. I felt Zouma should have cleared the Southampton goal shot with his left foot, rather than trying to poke it with his right. (But in fairness to him Valery shouldn't have been allowed to run and cross it) Tomori had his worst game for us. Made some basic errors in judgement and was very lucky they didn't lead to goals. But look, we won, won well and a very good day all round.

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

Cancelo signing imo was more for b plan scenario if they go to back 3.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Pep always likes to carry 4 starting quality fullbacks

I have no issues with the Cancelo buy, he is perfect for that system, and they obviously needs a new DMF, and got a superb one

but wow, that CB set, smdh (I am NOT a Stones fangirl, I think he is massively overrated)

7 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Willian for me by a mile. If that was his debut people would be saying better than Messi. His tracking back, his sublime play for the second, constant breaking up of their moves. So easy to take him for granted.

Totally agree. And to think some people on here wanted him gone after his first rusty league appearance this season. I think he really wants to impress Frank and for me he will be a key player this year.Links up very well with CHO, but what really impressed me today was his desire to track back and actually win back the ball.

Pep always likes to carry 4 starting quality fullbacks
I have no issues with the Cancelo buy, he is perfect for that system, and they obviously needs a new DMF, and got a superb one
but wow, that CB set, smdh (I am NOT a Stones fangirl, I think he is massively overrated)
Yup I think dm is a must due to Fernandinho age. I think you are right saying that they need CB, but not sure who is available. Maguire was way too expensive.

But like I said if your two best CB are injured you are pretty much screwed.

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Yup I think dm is a must due to Fernandinho age. I think you are right saying that they need CB, but not sure who is available. Maguire was way too expensive.

But like I said if your two best CB are injured you are pretty much screwed.

they are going all out for Skriniar in January

GOOD LUCK

lol

Conte will never give him up as he is going after Juve (great game tonight at Inter v Juve)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I think shitty might also make a play for Romagnoli if Skriniar is off the table

They may try for both!!! Just thinking that City have lost to both Norwich and Wolves scoring only 2 against Norwich. We hockeyed both of these away scoring EIGHT in the process. And we're the team in crisis :P:P

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why they have to buy expensive one? Why can't they just bring someone from academy like all other clubs do? Otamendi was 40m, Stones 50m, Laporte 60m.

It's essentially the reason (don't hate me) why a part of me wants Liverpool to win the league over City. 

Utterly embarrassing hearing SKY go on about City and their injuries, as if no other club is experiencing anything like it. 

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why they have to buy expensive one? Why can't they just bring someone from academy like all other clubs do? Otamendi was 40m, Stones 50m, Laporte 60m.

LOL this is city we are talking about mate......they will always be at the ready to buy their way out of any issues, pep or no pep.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's essentially the reason (don't hate me) why a part of me wants Liverpool to win the league over City. 

Utterly embarrassing hearing SKY go on about City and their injuries, as if no other club is experiencing anything like it. 

Fucking bellends......have they ever once this season mentioned our injuries? LIke fuck they have

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I feel the same way mate. I'm enjoying every time Pep lose as much as Liverpool. 

EDIT: We joined the forum on the same day 🙂