• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Don't mind this lineup. It shows at the very least that Lampard isn't blind to our defensive issues and he's trying to address it.

Exactly....he is still testing the Waters as any good manager should. We have the squad to go full 343 if need be and do well with it. This means he is potent our Lamps, you cant stick to your predictable ways always. Whether it pays dividens today is another thing....good luck to us.

Just by having more numbers back there we theoretically should be more secure defensively so that's a good thing I guess.

I just worry about our attackers being more isolated. Not big on Mason starting out wide, either.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just by having more numbers back there we theoretically should be more secure defensively so that's a good thing I guess.

I just worry about our attackers being more isolated. Not big on Mason starting out wide, either.

Well if Alonso is really pushing forward like during Conte days then Mount will cut inside and play in more central role

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Well if Alonso is really pushing forward like during Conte days then Mount will cut inside and play in more central role

If Alsono's slow ass is pushing forward then Mason better be more worried about covering for the counter attack than cutting inside if we are bing honest.

2 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Exactly. In conte's first season it gave Hazard and Pedro more licence to drift inside and push higher to support Costa so you would like to hope that Abraham wouldn't be isolated.

1 minute ago, communicate said:

The amount of hatred toward Alonso as wb is mind-boggling. We won the league with Alonso as wb. Azpi side is more concerning, Azpi is not a wb

I really don't get what people find so funny about calling their own players names, for sure criticise their performances and if need be workrate but these constant "nicknames" a few select players are getting is beyond awful.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I really don't get what people find so funny about calling their own players names, for sure criticise their performances and if need be workrate but these constant "nicknames" a few select players are getting is beyond awful.

I have not lit into him (other than to say he needs to be sold) in ages, becuase he has been where he belongs

on the bench

I also did, btw, say a while back that if we ever went to a back 3 CB setup he might be of some utility at wingback

so here we go

Don't let htem take the lead, they are a counter attacking machine. If we can keep the 0 as long as possible we might be able to sneak a win here. Their central defecne IMO is their weakness with Coady and Boly being rash often enough.

Our bench is strong this time so we sould be able to turn up the heat late on if we can keep our composure and energy with good game management for once.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Don't let htem take the lead, they are a counter attacking machine. If we can keep the 0 as long as possible we might be able to sneak a win here. Their central defecne IMO is their weakness with Coady and Boly being rash often enough.

Our bench is strong this time so we sould be able to turn up the heat late on if we can keep our composure and energy with good game management for once.

Boly is suspended