Barcelona 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Very difficult to judge. I really wish this is not barca 1st pre season and they don't play too many b team. You can tell who is Barca A team and B team, the gap is obvious. 

But overall our pressing is fantastic. Very fast and very sharp. I was impressed. Kovacic is pretty much a nail down starter at this point with maybe kante in Jorginho position. 

Offensively, Pulisic looks sharp, Pedro is Pedro, Mount looks good but Barkley is having a very good pre season. I don't know who will be our no 10 in old Trafford. 

Defensively, this is why I wish barca was sharper or at least play Dembele griezman Malcom in first half. I want our defence get tested more

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Damn.....thats not bad huh. I would kill to have him here, sure beats the strikers we have, though I do have an eye on Abra.

I have no clue why we did not just drop the extra £16m  (he went for £31m, versus the 15m we spent for six months of tubby Higs) and buy him outright

surely the board knew the bans were coming (I sure as hell did as evidenced by all my rants on here for the last year, lolol)

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Any replay with different angles of that Rakitic goal? From the wide view, it didn't look like Kepa had a chance to save it...? 

Agree with your main point but if Kepa didn't have a chance to save that, then it's kinda strange to use that to highlight this issue.

I think with Kepa unlike alisson or de Gea or to some extend Courtois, you felt like he concede goals too many goals that can be saved. Maybe that is just me

Only watched the first half in full but a few pointers:

1. Our pressing looks pretty good, forced Barcelona to a lot of mistakes at the back, but it needs to be worked on because there seems to be a disconnect between the front six and back four.

2. Speaking of the front six, they looked sharp and aggressive. Created a number of good opportunities but the finishing needs to improve. Can't believe Abraham and Pulisic missed those first half chances!

3. In relation to the first point, whenever Barca got passed our front six pressing, Luiz showed his bad side by charging out of his position and left the defence exposed. Lampard needs to have a word with him...

4. The XI in the last 20-30 minutes looked depressing...

5. The short sleeve, yellow keeper kit looks great.

6. Azpi with beard is just wrong...

Just now, Vesper said:

I have no clue why we did not just drop the extra £16m and buy him outright

surely the board knew the bans were coming (I sure as hell did as evidenced by all my rants on here for the last year, lolol)

What can I say my friend.....just another long line of fuck-ups that cant be dealt with atm. You cant expect much better when the folks aint footy people and just business folks that only think about the numbers and have not much insight. And no one as of yet have been binned for the ban.....we are clearly guilty since we have accepted the ban.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

What can I say my friend.....just another long line of fuck-ups that cant be dealt with atm. You cant expect much better when the folks aint footy people and just business folks that only think about the numbers and have not much insight. And no one as of yet have been binned for the ban.....we are clearly guilty since we have accepted the ban.

at least we have brought back a tonne of actual football people

1 minute ago, communicate said:

I think with Kepa unlike alisson or de Gea or to some extend Courtois, you felt like he concede goals too many goals that can be saved. Maybe that is just me

That I don't disagree at all. There were a few he should have saved last season. Just find it weird to pick Kepa out on this occasion if that Rakitic wasn't savable at all. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

at least we have brought back a tonne of actual football people

Yeah lets hope it gets better on the filed and out of it. Cuz we have some way to catch the others. Look at Juve, they buy proper and dont hassle over 4m. Proper run that Club with ambition.

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah lets hope it gets better on the filed and out of it. Cuz we have some way to catch the others. Look at Juve, they buy proper and dont hassle over 4m. Proper run that Club with ambition.

Barca is going to rue the fact they let de Ligt go to Juve

I am NOT impressed with their CB's atm

Umtiti looks a shell of what he was in 2017-18 and the WC

Pique is ageing

and Lenglet, whilst he might start for us

is not good enough at this exact point to carry the water for the other 2 at what is arguably the best club in the world (or expects to be)

Jean-Claire Todibo may get there in 3, 4 years but the lad only just turned 19 half a year ago

that is literally the only 4 CB's they have

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Couldn't watch, how did Mason and Pulisic look? Have they shown enough in their brief appearences so far to convince you they can start against United?

I think both have shown that they can be trusted and counted upon this season.