• Kovacic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

If we have a ban I dread to think how quick our CL go will be.. Hopefully we manage to serve that one. If they ever have a say! 

Dont want another season with this dire pass pass pass pass mess it up play 

Just now, LAM09 said:

I added to more original post and put the performances after Christmas to one side.
We certainly have alot of work to do in the summer with or without a ban.

If we don't improve next season, we're gonna struggle to finish in the Top 4 again and that return to the Champions League is gonna be a short one. 

If we don't improve next season, we're gonna struggle to finish in the Top 4 again and that return to the Champions League is gonna be a short one. 
I'm in total agreement. There were obvious signs to begin with, so lets hope a full preseason under Sarri proves beneficial all round.

Just now, communicate said:

I like Higuaín but he is 32. Hopefully we can give Tammy or michy a chance. Not as starter but as backup. 

Assuming Sarri stays, I do wonder like which youngster/loanee he's gonna use next season, considering he seems to be inflexible with the choices for his team. 

So striking was the fact that none of the top four candidates seemed capable of grasping the prize that I predicted last week's United game would finish two-all with four own goals, or, as I put it, -2 all. Well we outlasted the other three and maybe proved that we're the least bad of the four chasing teams. That's a deep condemnation of Arsenal, ManU and Spurs but I'm not going to waste time worrying about their problems; we've got enough of our own. For now we have to congratulate our squad and enjoy this good news which definitely counts as a mini success.

Now let's go full tilt against Frankfurt and try to make it to Baku. If we get the right results on Thursday then we send the reserves to Leicester. And I do mean reserves. Apart from Gary and Danny no members of the first team squad should even feature in the match day squad.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Assuming Sarri stays, I do wonder like which youngster/loanee he's gonna use next season, considering he seems to be inflexible with the choices for his team. 

I don't know but one or two is enough imo. A backup rb and maybe a backup striker. 

Just now, communicate said:

I don't know but one or two is enough imo. A backup rb and maybe a backup striker. 

That's the thing. Does Sarri fancy Reece James? Mount? Abraham? Or even Batshuayi? 

It's hard to tell, especially when he wants Kovacic and Higuain to stay...

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Nope. 5 teams from the same country can be in the Champions League...

No this can't happen now. The remaining top four place will go to either Arsenal or Spurs. If the one which misses out goes on to win a European trophy then they get in through the back door as England's 5th team in next season's CL. For us to miss out, it would have needed both north London clubs to finish outside of the top four, and then both of them win a European trophy. In addition United would have had to finish 3rd. That way, England's five spots would have been taken by the top three plus Arsenal and Spurs. That would have meant fourth placed Chelsea would have been relegated to Thursday nights. As it is, our CL place is guaranteed.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

No this can't happen now. The remaining top four place will go to either Arsenal or Spurs. If the one which misses out goes on to win a European trophy then they get in through the back door as England's 5th team in next season's CL. For us to miss out, it would have needed both north London clubs to miss out on top four, and then both of them win a European trophy. In addition United would have had to finish 3rd. That way, England's five spots would have been the top three plus Arsenal and Spurs. Meaning fourth placed Chelsea would have been relegated to Thursday nights. As it is, our CL place is guaranteed.

I was just stating the general rule. But thanks for explaining the situation that can't happen anymore. :P 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's the thing. Does Sarri fancy Reece James? Mount? Abraham? Or even Batshuayi? 

It's hard to tell, especially when he wants Kovacic and Higuain to stay...

I really hope the club won't allow this to become a problem. If the ban is overturned or postponed then we should be looking for better/younger alternatives to Kova and Gonzo. If the ban is upheld then discussions about signing these two are moot anyway.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Unpopular opinion maybe but aslong as we get a viable alternative/safety net I wouldn't actually mind.

His movement is actually fantastic and a reason we have improved our play vs low block teams, BUT as was clearly shown at Old Trafford he's a non entity against sides who leave space in behind so we need another striker who's usefully in those type of games.

Ironically Morata would compliment him in that regard as he's useless against low block sides but relitevely successful against sides who leave space.

good points. However, I cannot separate our difficulty in keeping possession in the first half, as a possession side that is, from the absolutely poor touches and passing by higuain. His inability on the ball was hurting us in the first half, and I think this is going to keep on happening given his age.

Reckon we just can't afford having bystanders with the style in which we play. Again, unless we change the style and rely less on possession to defend, but then I don't think we have the players for it.

Regardless, very happy with the top 4 and with RLC impact. Always thought he had the most important: skill.