Didier Drogba

DYC.

So, you would trust and expect a 35 year old to lead the line & turn up in every game when you play him?!

:doh:

Don't think I need to go and repeat myself here if people can't get over Drogba. A major squad overhaul is definitely gonna happen in the summer and like it or not, the striking department is included in that.

I didn't say that I trust a 35 year old to lead the line. I just said that with the current formation & the current players in our first team, Drogba is best suited to lead the line...whether or not he'll turn up is up to him.

Furthermore, I agree with your point, I do hope that Chelsea undergoes a major squad overhaul this summer. We need depth in our squad, we need players that have the hunger, passion to succeed.

No. Its pretty clear that in order to bring another quality striker in, we may have to sell one or maybe two other strikers to do so. The question is, why does it have to be Drogba that leaves? Don't give that bullshit about him eating other players up. Torres didn't play well during AFCON, but he scored a hat-trick when Drogba was there on the bench against QPR. It has nothing to do with having another competing striker eyeing your every move.

The only instance you give up a good player is when you know pretty damn well that you'll have someone to step up, or at least grow into his shoes once he leaves. Name that player you have in mind, and I'll agree.

That's because Roman is unlikely to sell Torres after spending 50m on him! Unfortunately, we don't have any strikers within our ranks to step up but we can sure damn get a new striker and do a job for us week in week out.

I didn't say that I trust a 35 year old to lead the line. I just said that with the current formation & the current players in our first team, Drogba is best suited to lead the line...whether or not he'll turn up is up to him.

Furthermore, I agree with your point, I do hope that Chelsea undergoes a major squad overhaul this summer. We need depth in our squad, we need players that have the hunger, passion to succeed.

CURRENTLY, Drogba IS the best man to lead the line but with the changes that is going to be made, he won't be the man anymore next season.

That's because Roman is unlikely to sell Torres after spending 50m on him! Unfortunately, we don't have any strikers within our ranks to step up but we can sure damn get a new striker and do a job for us week in week out.

CURRENTLY, Drogba IS the best man to lead the line but with the changes that is going to be made, he won't be the man anymore next season.

There is a long list of players on the way out this season, excluding Torres. If I had my way, and no this isn't due to hindsight, we would have signed Aguero in Jan or at least give Danny more opportunities. That, and keep Drogba as the experienced backup.

And regarding your latter post, how can you be so sure? Why not bring this new striker in, loan out Lukaku, and see if he can deliver? Or better yet, why not just bring that extra piece we're missing in midfield and see if our front line can perform better?

Look, I know he's nearly 35 and isn't going to be around much longer, and with that I'm running out of arguments in favor of keeping him here. But, I still feel we should not give him up in haste, not when he can still deliver for the club

There is a long list of players on the way out this season, excluding Torres. If I had my way, and no this isn't due to hindsight, we would have signed Aguero in Jan or at least give Danny more opportunities. That, and keep Drogba as the experienced backup.

And regarding your latter post, how can you be so sure? Why not bring this new striker in, loan out Lukaku, and see if he can deliver? Or better yet, why not just bring that extra piece we're missing in midfield and see if our front line can perform better?

Look, I know he's nearly 35 and isn't going to be around much longer, and with that I'm running out of arguments in favor of keeping him here. But, I still feel we should not give him up in haste, not when he can still deliver for the club

A creative midfielder is definitely needed but so is a striker. IF we go with Torres, Sturridge and Drogba as our strikers with Torres being the main one next season, what are we gonna do should he gets injured or suspended?! We will then stuck with Sturridge who blows hot and cold and a 35 y/o Drogba who can no longer bring his A-game week in week out.

A creative midfielder is definitely needed but so is a striker. IF we go with Torres, Sturridge and Drogba as our strikers with Torres being the main one next season, what are we gonna do should he gets injured or suspended?! We will then stuck with Sturridge who blows hot and cold and a 35 y/o Drogba who can no longer bring his A-game week in week out.

dude you keep talking about "this striker" but can you name one. you keep talking like their is already some1 who can do that but please name some. also remember we will be getting this striker after letting go off drogba and there will be no turning back. plus i dont think the striker issue is or should be first on our transfer list of concerns.

dude you keep talking about "this striker" but can you name one. you keep talking like their is already some1 who can do that but please name some. also remember we will be getting this striker after letting go off drogba and there will be no turning back. plus i dont think the striker issue is or should be first on our transfer list of concerns.

We have been linked with so many strikers in recent times. It could easily be one of Cavani, Falcao, Higuain or even someone that might appear in the last minute. Who knows! And of course there is no turning back once we let Drogba go. It's gonna happen sooner or later. So get over it! Getting a striker may not necessarily be the top of our priorities this summer BUT it should still be an important priority in the transfer window.

We have been linked with so many strikers in recent times. It could easily be one of Cavani, Falcao, Higuain or even someone that might appear in the last minute. Who knows! And of course there is no turning back once we let Drogba go. It's gonna happen sooner or later. So get over it! Getting a striker may not necessarily be the top of our priorities this summer BUT it should still be an important priority in the transfer window.

u going to start with cavani,higuain and falcao again. the least we gotta pay for any of them will be 35m, and are we willing to fetch those with a 50m alrady there. we DONT NEED TO SELL DROGBA. we have bigger problems, and unless we address them we cant take a striker but to get a creative mid and atleast one fullback will take time and i think drogba's contract expires in 50 odd days and i dont think we would want to take a risk. there are time constraints, money constraints and well also the point that do we really need to let go off drogba just yet. everything points to no. he should br here another season.

:doh:

Never mind, I'll just leave it at that. Can't be bothered to say the same thing again. Have made my point clear about Drogba and the striker situation for next season. Will have to agree to disagree here.

Which is why I suggested keep Drogba, loan Lukaku, get new striker and if necessary sell one or two other players.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2765353,00.html

Tomorrow's [Thursday 10 May] signing session with Didier Drogba at the Stamford Bridge Megastore has now been cancelled due to medical treatment Didier is receiving on an injury.

We would like to sincerely apologise to supporters for any inconvenience caused.

Injury??

Drogba ditched: Chelsea to risk fans' wrath and let talisman leave

http://www.mirror.co...han-give-825847

He is most likely out of the Blackburn match due to injury so this means Drogba could be playing only one more game for Chelsea and that's the Champions League final. Let's just hope he can win it this time because it's his last chance. :cry:

I really don't understand the whole tabloid culture in England. The articles produced by these publishing houses are about as accurate as a shot from Fahad Khalfan.

For those who don't get the comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLvoT6TlRec

I really don't understand the whole tabloid culture in England. The articles produced by these publishing houses are about as accurate as a shot from Fahad Khalfan.

For those who don't get the comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLvoT6TlRec

Even Torres would have scored that one. :Goober:

I think if he agreed to a 1 year extension that would be better option for him and the club. he could become our impact player. I see why the Club would want to let him go as he has only got maybe a couple of seasons left at the top of his game. never the less i for one will never forget what he has done for this Club arguably our best striker of all time. he has left a legacy here no one will forget!