Didier Drogba

DYC.

Your right he is not playing as a 50m player for Chelsea but he was for Liverpool.The arrival of Torres has made everyone realize that we really aren't a passing team and now suddenly we crave for this style because our original methods have not rewarded us with results.Torres is no Drogba,in fact there aren't may strikers in this world who can play like him.

Like I've said many times,Drogba does not rely fully on his midfielders,he creates his own chances and fights for the ball.In contrast,Torres plays his best when someone provides him those slick through balls.

Now if we play like a good passing team,then it wont matter what kind of striker we have.Goals will come easily and in return we'll be able to be serious title contenders.

So Chelsea aren't bringing in creative players just so Torres could reclaim his top form,its because they want the team to play better football.

Ok so you complain about the service for Torres...did you ever complain about the service for Drogba? How come we didn't try to find better passers for Drogba? Drogba still got the job done regardless of whether he was assisted or he had to make something out of nothing.

It looks like you're saying conditions have to be absolutely perfect for Torres to produce otherwise he's useless. Is that the guy we really want to build around?

Ok so you complain about the service for Torres...did you ever complain about the service for Drogba? How come we didn't try to find better passers for Drogba? Drogba still got the job done regardless of whether he was assisted or he had to make something out of nothing.

It looks like you're saying conditions have to be absolutely perfect for Torres to produce otherwise he's useless. Is that the guy we really want to build around?

I guess you didn't understand what I was trying to convey.Since Drogba capitalized with or without service,we didn't think complain much about the midfield but now we have a different kind of striker.If we change our style then I am sure our strikers will score plenty.If Drogba managed to score so many goals with few assists,imagine what he could be capable of with a flow of assists from his wingers and midfielders.

Torres would benefit as well,as he is accustomed to that kind of style,like many strikers.Drogba is an exception because he's a unique striker and no one will ever be able to emulate him.The new change in style will not only help Torres but other strikers as well.

That's the luxury of having a good targetman up front. They make up for any deficiencies in the middle of the park.

The thing with Chelsea, is that whoever plays up front has to work hard to create chances for others as well.

I didn't see today's game live to judge Lukaku's performance, but from the highlights, the cross he delivered to JT suggests there's another side to his game. Will he be able to truly emulate Drogba? I don't know for sure, but the signs show he can step up to the task.

There are things about Torres that annoy the hell out of me. He seems so mentally fragile and physically weak and is easily bullied on the pitch. He comes across like such a big coward sometimes in all honesty. He doesn't have that fire in him. Sorry but I don't want that kind of player leading our line for a month let alone a whole season. He can be a squad player or whatever.

Di Matteo knows and a 50m unused substitute in the FA Cup Final says it all.

In fairness to Torres, off the ball he's not as cowardly as he is on it. He'll track back and put in a hell of a tackle often to win the ball back. But you are right, on the ball it's very easy to push him off, only when he's running full pace down the wing does he manage to beat the defenders, but more often than not there's no final delivery (I'm not forgetting the cross to Mata v. United either)

I agree about squad-player role because no-one will take him now.

In fairness to Torres, off the ball he's not as cowardly as he is on it. He'll track back and put in a hell of a tackle often to win the ball back. But you are right, on the ball it's very easy to push him off, only when he's running full pace down the wing does he manage to beat the defenders, but more often than not there's no final delivery (I'm not forgetting the cross to Mata v. United either)

I agree about squad-player role because no-one will take him now.

Exactly. If he stays it's not because the club are trying to build around him. It's because nobody else in world football is stupid enough to pay him 200k a week for an 11 goal season.

Blackburn game shows why he should leave after Munich (hopefully in a blaze of glory).

He is just not motivated for the "lesser" games any more and we will drop more points to Fulham and the likes if he stays.

Blackburn game shows why he should leave after Munich (hopefully in a blaze of glory).

He is just not motivated for the "lesser" games any more and we will drop more points to Fulham and the likes if he stays.

I agree to an extent about the motivation, but also want to add that at 34 years of age, I don't think he has it in him physically to consistently put in the efforts and performances we've grown to know and love.

Buy Mario Gomez for games against 17/20 PL sides and half our European campaign.

:Goober: