Didier Drogba

DYC.

and who do you think will replace him? are we ready to shell out another 40 mil for cavani or hulk

(higuain sucks and him coming here wont change anything). do you think we can play torres(even though he is coming back), danny and lukaku and challenge for epl,fa and cl. definitely not. we have to phase dd out and he should be at the bridge for another year.

What makes you so certain that we will be spending 40m on Cavani etc?! Sooner or later, we'll have to spend and perhaps spend big to get a new striker anyway.

What makes you so certain that we will be spending 40m on Cavani etc?! Sooner or later, we'll have to spend and perhaps spend big to get a new striker anyway.

Exactly. It's not as if Didier is 25. He's going to have to leave sooner or later. I understand that he still has something to contribute but he will only turn up for the bigger games and keeping him at the club will always mean that other strikers (whether it be Torres or someone else) will not reach their "full potential"

thats what i am saying "we dont need to spend". we got torres(not his best), danny(needs a year or 2), lukaku(some time off) plus some youth players (like feruz) who seem to be good. give danny and torres another season with dd to see if they can lead the line if not then buy . y do all of us wanna shell out 40 mil when we know that they cant be as good as dd. y not buy a midfielder that we have desired for 2 seasons.

thats what i am saying "we dont need to spend". we got torres(not his best), danny(needs a year or 2), lukaku(some time off) plus some youth players (like feruz) who seem to be good. give danny and torres another season with dd to see if they can lead the line if not then buy . y do all of us wanna shell out 40 mil when we know that they cant be as good as dd. y not buy a midfielder that we have desired for 2 seasons.

So, you want us to gamble relying on Torres and Sturridge for next season?? I'm sorry, that is just plain suicidal. Torres may have been improving as of late but there's still no guarantee or even a strong hint now that he's gonna return to his best. As for Sturridge, he still blows hot and cold and if he doesn't change his attitude, it would be worthless even playing him upfront. Regarding Lukaku and the other youth players, we can't be expecting them to just turn it on when being put in the first team. Need to nurture them up carefully before blending those players into the first team. Wouldn't want expectation levels to derail their potential and development.

So, you want us to gamble relying on Torres and Sturridge for next season?? I'm sorry, that is just plain suicidal. Torres may have been improving as of late but there's still no guarantee or even a strong hint now that he's gonna return to his best. As for Sturridge, he still blows hot and cold and if he doesn't change his attitude, it would be worthless even playing him upfront. Regarding Lukaku and the other youth players, we can't be expecting them to just turn it on when being put in the first team. Need to nurture them up carefully before blending those players into the first team. Wouldn't want expectation levels to derail their potential and development.

thats what i m saying, keep drogba for next season. with us getting marin and kdb and also rambo doing so well on the wings, we can use danny as a striker. also buying a new striker (if u wanna buy one to fill dd's shoes can name one who wont cost 40 mil and do dds job). also if we buy a high profile striker what message would that send to torres, will that help him reach his "true potential". i dont see any point in letting dd go.

thats what i m saying, keep drogba for next season. with us getting marin and kdb and also rambo doing so well on the wings, we can use danny as a striker. also buying a new striker (if u wanna buy one to fill dd's shoes can name one who wont cost 40 mil and do dds job). also if we buy a high profile striker what message would that send to torres, will that help him reach his "true potential". i dont see any point in letting dd go.

Totally agree. We don't really need another high-profile striker at the club unless we are 100% sure that Drogba's leaving.

We should be investing money into our midfield & possibly signing a decent striker who would be happy with a rotation role.

I really do think that Sturridge's future is at CF...but I'm not sure if he can lead the line as the lone striker...he'd do well in a formation which supports 2 strikers upfront.

Totally agree. We don't really need another high-profile striker at the club unless we are 100% sure that Drogba's leaving.

We should be investing money into our midfield & possibly signing a decent striker who would be happy with a rotation role.

I really do think that Sturridge's future is at CF...but I'm not sure if he can lead the line as the lone striker...he'd do well in a formation which supports 2 strikers upfront.

makes sense.

Why are you assuming that all the quality striker out there is gonna cost 40m? I know the FFP rules is coming in this summer but the way you're saying is like we have only 40m as transfer budget to spend! Every top team needs at least 2 quality strikers for rotation or sometimes be used to play together in matches. Torres is likely to be one of them. Sturridge remains to be convinced and Drogba has already shown signs this season and last that he can only bother turning up in the big games and not in the matches against the likes of Norwich, Wigan Villa etc. We need to have at least two strikers who are their peak or peaking that when we play them, we expect or demand them to turn up and contribute to the team and not Drogba, who is almost a hit-and-hope striker right now sadly, to turn up in every games, not just the big ones. Furthermore, keeping Drogba would mean we have to waste a foreign spot in the squad registration for PL and in Europe.

It's understandable sections of fans are flirting with the idea of Drogba remaining at the club for another season. Media presence, randomly appearing on prime time television, wearing his shirt back to front during cups celebrations, Lampard and co reaffirming his brilliance via media, a shirt signing session at the bridge on the 10th. He's not going without a fight…

Come summer, big decisions are going to have to be made at the club. Although we said that last season, and look what happened.

Why are you assuming that all the quality striker out there is gonna cost 40m? I know the FFP rules is coming in this summer but the way you're saying is like we have only 40m as transfer budget to spend! Every top team needs at least 2 quality strikers for rotation or sometimes be used to play together in matches. Torres is likely to be one of them. Sturridge remains to be convinced and Drogba has already shown signs this season and last that he can only bother turning up in the big games and not in the matches against the likes of Norwich, Wigan Villa etc. We need to have at least two strikers who are their peak or peaking that when we play them, we expect or demand them to turn up and contribute to the team and not Drogba, who is almost a hit-and-hope striker right now sadly, to turn up in every games, not just the big ones. Furthermore, keeping Drogba would mean we have to waste a foreign spot in the squad registration for PL and in Europe.

so as i said in my previous quotes please name "a world class striker" who can fill drogba's shoes and do what he does in the big matches and also his price keeping in mind that we need a mid and a fullback (considering both our portuguese full backs will be going out).

i think we are all underestimating dds value in the big matches and what he brings to the team. just for an example try imagining us in cl final without the "big man", u ll understand what i am saying.

so as i said in my previous quotes please name "a world class striker" who can fill drogba's shoes and do what he does in the big matches and also his price keeping in mind that we need a mid and a fullback (considering both our portuguese full backs will be going out).

As I said before, why must our next striker be another Drogba? Why should we start comparing those two?! Why can't we just put his legacy aside when he leaves and let whoever our next striker will be, be his own man?! Lets get it straight, there will never be another striker like Drogba for us. Whoever becomes in as our next striker and/or be the first choice, should be judged on it alone and let him create his own legacy. AND That's the problem I'm fearing. Because of the level expectations that people have gotten used with Drogba, anything our next striker can't do and/or fail to do, he will be immediately compared to Drogba & criticized!

Regarding other transfers, yes, I do remember we need a creative midfielder or two and a new right back but who's to say each one of them is gonna cost more 20m?! By now, the club should have learned that spending big on players are not always necessary especially when you look at the likes of Newcastle. You have a quality RB at Marseille in Azpilicueta who is quoted to be priced at just 12m in January. Then, you have a quality creative midfielder in Cabaye who probably won't cost more than 20m IF we raid Newcastle and also, there's Moutinho from Porto who would arguably cost between the region of 15m to 25m.

The point here is you can find quality players at a low cost in perhaps some of the clubs in Europe. It only depends on whether Roman and the board are smart enough to venture into those markets!

i think we are all underestimating dds value in the big matches and what he brings to the team. just for an example try imagining us in cl final without the "big man", u ll understand what i am saying.

It's not that we are underestimating his value in big matches(how can we?!), it's just being realistic. We cannot hope to play Drogba in big matches next season and expect him to turn up like he has done this season. He's already 34 and is not getting younger. IF there is a time to let him go, it's this summer. Let him go on a high with at least 1 trophy to go with it.

As I said before, why must our next striker be another Drogba? Why should we start comparing those two?! Why can't we just put his legacy aside when he leaves and let whoever our next striker will be, be his own man?! Lets get it straight, there will never be another striker like Drogba for us. Whoever becomes in as our next striker and/or be the first choice, should be judged on it alone and let him create his own legacy. AND That's the problem I'm fearing. Because of the level expectations that people have gotten used with Drogba, anything our next striker can't do and/or fail to do, he will be immediately compared to Drogba & criticized!

Regarding other transfers, yes, I do remember we need a creative midfielder or two and a new right back but who's to say each one of them is gonna cost more 20m?! By now, the club should have learned that spending big on players are not always necessary especially when you look at the likes of Newcastle. You have a quality RB at Marseille in Azpilicueta who is quoted to be priced at just 12m in January. Then, you have a quality creative midfielder in Cabaye who probably won't cost more than 20m IF we raid Newcastle and also, there's Moutinho from Porto who would arguably cost between the region of 15m to 25m.

The point here is you can find quality players at a low cost in perhaps some of the clubs in Europe. It only depends on whether Roman and the board are smart enough to venture into those markets!

It's not that we are underestimating his value in big matches(how can we?!), it's just being realistic. We cannot hope to play Drogba in big matches next season and expect him to turn up like he has done this season. He's already 34 and is not getting younger. IF there is a time to let him go, it's this summer. Let him go on a high with at least 1 trophy to go with it.

but is our board that good enough. if history teaches us one thing its that we are gonna go for big money and rated strikers and other players. even the lukaku transfer (believe me i have nothin against the guy but if you cost 18m at 18 years old u probably expect the guy to be a superman. he may still turn out to be our future but our transfers generally are costly).

also i am comparing drogba with whoever comes in because thats how we work and play, dont we. we know we dont have the best mid when compared to barca,real,united,city not even the best wingers but drogba compensates for it big time. he is such a big player for us and its showing that we play around him in the big matches. i just cant see us winning these big ucl quaters and semis without his sheer presence. hope i am wrong but i think this is the case.

but is our board that good enough. if history teaches us one thing its that we are gonna go for big money and rated strikers and other players. even the lukaku transfer (believe me i have nothin against the guy but if you cost 18m at 18 years old u probably expect the guy to be a superman. he may still turn out to be our future but our transfers generally are costly).

No guarantees the club will continue the same way especially with the FFP rules coming in. The club WILL have to be smarter with the transfer dealings.

also i am comparing drogba with whoever comes in because thats how we work and play, dont we. we know we dont have the best mid when compared to barca,real,united,city not even the best wingers but drogba compensates for it big time. he is such a big player for us and its showing that we play around him in the big matches. i just cant see us winning these big ucl quaters and semis without his sheer presence. hope i am wrong but i think this is the case.

We probably won't go playing the same way forever. One of our future managers would surely tinker and change our playing style a bit at the very least. And sooner or later, our midfield problems will have to be fixed. Can't go on like now forever! Also, as said, we won't get or see another Drogba in the future but whoever comes in could still contribute massively in his own way like Drogba has and create his legendary status at the club. Need to move on!

No guarantees the club will continue the same way especially with the FFP rules coming in. The club WILL have to be smarter with the transfer dealings.

We probably won't go playing the same way forever. One of our future managers would surely tinker and change our playing style a bit at the very least. And sooner or later, our midfield problems will have to be fixed. Can't go on like now forever! Also, as said, we won't get or see another Drogba in the future but whoever comes in could still contribute massively in his own way like Drogba has and create his legendary status at the club. Need to move on!

last night has made me even more certain that drogba should be the least of our concerns.we have got a 100 times worse and bigger problems than him that need to be addressed. keep drogs another year, get malouda,ferriera,bosi,essien(it hurt the way he played),turnbull etc out for good players. we can very well work with drogs for another year.

last night has made me even more certain that drogba should be the least of our concerns.we have got a 100 times worse and bigger problems than him that need to be addressed. keep drogs another year, get malouda,ferriera,bosi,essien(it hurt the way he played),turnbull etc out for good players. we can very well work with drogs for another year.

Exactly. Getting rid of Malouda, Bosingwa, Turnbull.. even Essien should be the top of our priority list. If Drogba agrees to stay another year (looks unlikely..he wants a 2 year deal), it won't hurt us thatt much.

Unless Chelsea are planning on seriously shaking up our forward line and/or tactics, I don't see why Drogba should leave because I wouldn't trust Torres/Sturridge to lead the line with our current tactics.

Exactly. Getting rid of Malouda, Bosingwa, Turnbull.. even Essien should be the top of our priority list. If Drogba agrees to stay another year (looks unlikely..he wants a 2 year deal), it won't hurt us thatt much.

Unless Chelsea are planning on seriously shaking up our forward line and/or tactics, I don't see why Drogba should leave because I wouldn't trust Torres/Sturridge to lead the line with our current tactics.

So, you would trust and expect a 35 year old to lead the line & turn up in every game when you play him?!

:doh:

Don't think I need to go and repeat myself here if people can't get over Drogba. A major squad overhaul is definitely gonna happen in the summer and like it or not, the striking department is included in that.

So, you would trust and expect a 35 year old to lead the line & turn up in every game when you play him?!

:doh:

Don't think I need to go and repeat myself here if people can't get over Drogba. A major squad overhaul is definitely gonna happen in the summer and like it or not, the striking department is included in that.

No. Its pretty clear that in order to bring another quality striker in, we may have to sell one or maybe two other strikers to do so. The question is, why does it have to be Drogba that leaves? Don't give that bullshit about him eating other players up. Torres didn't play well during AFCON, but he scored a hat-trick when Drogba was there on the bench against QPR. It has nothing to do with having another competing striker eyeing your every move.

The only instance you give up a good player is when you know pretty damn well that you'll have someone to step up, or at least grow into his shoes once he leaves. Name that player you have in mind, and I'll agree.