Didier Drogba

DYC.

That moment will still exist. I have the memories, videos, pictures etc to prove it. Come to think of it I'd quite like one or two more moments from him. :yay:

But it won't be the same, believe me. Bad last spell(and topping the way Drogba finished his career would be very hard at his age) would taint the great memories. I sympathize AC Milan in Serie A, so I've experienced this several times with Shevchenko's and, to a lesser degree, Kaka's comebacks. Both of them were Milan's legends and gave Milan fans some amazing memories, but their second spells damaged those memories. It's not their fault--they weren't the same players that left the club. It's not rational or logical. It just is.

A very sentimental signing from Mourinho if it happens. I'd rather he left his last kick as the one that won us our first CL.

Jose obviously thinks Didier can add something, he wouldn't bring him back purely for sentimental reasons to chase the past, else Essien and Lamps would still be here.

it won't be the same, believe me. Bad last spell(and topping the way Drogba finished his career would be very hard at his age) would taint the great memories. I sympathize AC Milan in Serie A, so I've experienced this several times with Shevchenko's and, to a lesser degree, Kaka's comebacks. Both of them were Milan's legends and gave Milan fans some amazing memories, but their second spells damaged those memories. It's not their fault--they weren't the same players that left the club. It's not rational or logical. It just is.

I know, mate. I have said as much; there are a number of reasons why this isn't a smart move. But if it's going to happen I don't need to talk myself into seeing the good side of it. It's Didier Drogba. :worship: I would much rather have him give us 10 or 20 minutes off the bench at 36 than suffer Torres for any longer.

Learn to read you twat, there is no better way to leave a football club!

players would KILL to have an ending like that.

World doesn't spin around you. If I want to direct my message to you, I'll quote you. So mind your manners.

I don't get why people are whining bout this move....the ultimate purpose of this move is Drogba becoming a coach at Chelsea.....and of course he can retire at the club he loves the most :D

His signing is sentimental, so don't expect much else from Drogba....although I think his experience will help the younger players at the club!

I know, mate. I have said as much; there are a number of reasons why this isn't a smart move. But if it's going to happen I don't need to talk myself into seeing the good side of it. It's Didier Drogba. :worship: I would much rather have him give us 10 or 20 minutes off the bench at 36 than suffer Torres for any longer.

Believe me i want that parasite out of this club just as much as you and it makes my skin crawl that he is still here and Eto'o ain't, but we can't just sign strikers on the basis there better than Torres.

What the hell does that mean? Drogba isn't smart enough to coach? :carlo:

Who better to teach somebody like Lukaku how to use his body than Drogba?

That was in response to the post above describing how he can 'rile up' players in the dressing room etc, what's JT for then?. And do we really have that much invested in Lukaku anymore?, in regards to his future here..

I doubt there was any 'real' rift between Eto'o & Mourinho, the board clearly made a mistake letting him go.