Didier Drogba

DYC.

Wouldnt be surprised if RDM told him to go down, waste time and break up Barcelona's play. But there were a few times he was really hurt -commentator Townsend telling him to ''get up'' -yeah I;d like to see Townsend fall 8 feet on to his hip, and that one in the bollox must have hurt like fuck.

Yes, he can be like that anyway, but he has got much better over the last two seasons.

Last night was the Drogba of old, but it worked. It stopped Barcelona from being a fluent in their play and frustrated them.

Anyway its just what Farcelona do against Madrid and Milan ....

History will show that hes probably CFCs greatest player :blue scalf:

But giving an extension, just to sell a player (never mind if its Drogba) at the first chance? I don't know if its right, but its certainly unethical.

Manchester United are doing it with Berbatov, because both parties have agreed. That's what Justin means.

Only 72 days until he becomes a free agent. I can't take it anymore :cry:. Please, one more year Didier!

Anyway, I love it when we're hated by other clubs, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest if Drogba chooses to spend 89 minutes a game on the grass- and uses the other minute to score.

Hugo Sanchez lauding Drogba.

The Ivorian forward scored the winning goal in Chelsea's 1-0 Champions League triumph over Barcelona on Wednesday, and Sanchez admitted that he has been a fan of the African for some time now.

"One of the strikers that I wanted to see at Madrid is Drogba," he told

"I said the same thing about Ruud van Nistelrooy, and I recommended Drogba years ago.

"The thing is that too much time has passed now for him to join Madrid. No one paid attention to what I said.

"But Drogba has long been one of my favourite strikers in the world, and he had an amazing match against Barca yesterday."

Looking ahead to Saturday's Clasico at Camp Nou, the 53-year-old believes that Madrid will look to attack due to their four-point advantage over Barca in the Liga table.

"Madrid will need to be aggressive," Sanchez noted. "The difference in points will allow them to take some risks. If you give Barca enough space, it is very hard to beat them.

"Only a few teams can beat them at Camp Nou, but Madrid are one of them. They have to go out to win, because that is all that they can do.

"Last season, Jose Mourinho's strategy in some matches was not the correct one, and when you play at home, you always have to be brave and try to win.

"I hope he will get it right, just like he did in the Copa del Rey final."

The Portuguese coach has been coy over his long-term future at Madrid, but Sanchez has indicated that he does not want to see the former Inter boss leave anytime soon.

"I would like him to stay because he is doing very good things at the club," he added.

"I have agreed with him in many of the things he has said and done. In other cases, I would not have said or done the same thing, but I understand why he is like that.

"Mourinho is very clever, I really like his intelligence because I am a bit like him as a coach."

Drogba is simply a living legend. An Icon that will forever remain one of my favourite players.

As much as it hurts, we need to let Drogba go now or retire. He knows this is his last chance to win the UCL with Chelsea and that's why he have had that reignited fire in his body, he is giving it all and I can say after this season I will never forget Drogba

Danny DeVito tweeted: "Didier Drogba's newest fan. Holy sh*tballs."

That's right Chelsea fans. Danny DeVito - he of Batman Returns - is now a Blue. Rejoice!

DeVito is currently sampling London life and could not have picked a better match to attend as Chelsea got all manner of redemption by beating those dastardly Catalans 1-0.

Drogba winning us a fan :P

Manchester United are doing it with Berbatov, because both parties have agreed. That's what Justin means.

But Berbatov was just sitting on the bench most of the time...he was more of a passenger rather than a player for them this season.

Irregardless, I do have to ask this: Isn't there a signing-on fee involved?

First-Half

4th minute: Penalised for a foul on Sergio Busquets (Down for 12 seconds)

14th minute: Clashes again with Busquets, Barcelona play on before Carlos Puyol puts ball out of play. (Out of action for 70 seconds)

34th minute: The Ivorian goes down under a challenge from Puyol inside his own area, exaggerating the contact the defender's boot makes with his face. (Down for 12 seconds)

35th minute: From a Petr Cech goal kick, Drogba goes down after an aerial clash with Busquets (Doesn't feature for 110 seconds)

article-2132387-12A8EFA4000005DC-510_468x286.jpg

Stop wasting time: Drogba infuriated Barcelona

38th minute: Drogba falls to the ground winded and lies prostrate on the ground. "He needs to get on with it," says Andy Townsend on commentary. (Down for 60 seconds)

45th minute: Goes down theatrically under challenge from Puyol. (Down for 15 seconds)

First-Half total: 4 minutes 37 seconds

Second-Half

51st minute: Tries to slide tackle Lionel Messi. (Down for 2 seconds)

65th minute: Draws a foul from Javier Mascherano in the view of referee Felix Brych. The defender indicates he thinks the striker dived. (Down for 3 seconds)

67th minute: Suffers what looks like a groin injury in challenge with Puyol. Brych stops play. "Drogba goes down yet again," says Clive Tyldesley. (Down for 100 seconds)

86th minute: Booked for a slide tackle on Messi. Lies on the floor in a clear attempt at time-wasting. (Down for 10 seconds)

Second-Half Total: 1 minute 53 seconds

Total time wasted: 6 minutes 30 seconds

That is just EPIC....

First-Half

4th minute: Penalised for a foul on Sergio Busquets (Down for 12 seconds)

14th minute: Clashes again with Busquets, Barcelona play on before Carlos Puyol puts ball out of play. (Out of action for 70 seconds)

34th minute: The Ivorian goes down under a challenge from Puyol inside his own area, exaggerating the contact the defender's boot makes with his face. (Down for 12 seconds)

35th minute: From a Petr Cech goal kick, Drogba goes down after an aerial clash with Busquets (Doesn't feature for 110 seconds)

article-2132387-12A8EFA4000005DC-510_468x286.jpg

Stop wasting time: Drogba infuriated Barcelona

38th minute: Drogba falls to the ground winded and lies prostrate on the ground. "He needs to get on with it," says Andy Townsend on commentary. (Down for 60 seconds)

45th minute: Goes down theatrically under challenge from Puyol. (Down for 15 seconds)

First-Half total: 4 minutes 37 seconds

Second-Half

51st minute: Tries to slide tackle Lionel Messi. (Down for 2 seconds)

65th minute: Draws a foul from Javier Mascherano in the view of referee Felix Brych. The defender indicates he thinks the striker dived. (Down for 3 seconds)

67th minute: Suffers what looks like a groin injury in challenge with Puyol. Brych stops play. "Drogba goes down yet again," says Clive Tyldesley. (Down for 100 seconds)

86th minute: Booked for a slide tackle on Messi. Lies on the floor in a clear attempt at time-wasting. (Down for 10 seconds)

Second-Half Total: 1 minute 53 seconds

Total time wasted: 6 minutes 30 seconds

That is just EPIC....

It was good for our team but honestly I hate it.

He clearly faked injury so many times in that game and it really bothered me.

It was good for our team but honestly I hate it.

He clearly faked injury so many times in that game and it really bothered me.

At least in 3 of those incidents he was in genuine pain. 2 involved the testicles and all bets are off in that area. He also fell about 8 feet and landed on his hip, thats got to hurt.

At least in 3 of those incidents he was in genuine pain. 2 involved the testicles and all bets are off in that area. He also fell about 8 feet and landed on his hip, thats got to hurt.

True, but he dived and wasted time too many times in that game. I am a chelsea fan but I am also a football fan.

Watching us defend tirelessly was beautiful but watching Drogba dived really bothered me.