Didier Drogba

DYC.

I'm well aware of why he has to leave soon.

I just don't know if we should do so without knowing if someone can take up his mantle once he does leave. For instance Man Utd had Rooney to take over from Ronaldo, Barcelona had Messi take over from Ronaldinho, but do we have someone of that level? Arsenal never got anyone to fill in for Henry, (at least until RVP when he became fit for an entire season) and well, we can see the results of that.

See what you're saying but don't think we have a choice. If only we had bought aguero instead of effectively wasting 50m on Torres.

He's 34!!! It's not as if he's 25. And we did offer him a 1 year extension. There is absolutely no way in hell that we should consider giving him a 2 year deal. If he wants to leave then let him. Time to move on unfortunately

Indeed, couldn't agree more. He's been very good in the important games this season, it's adding a good gloss to his farewell season. But we shouldn't let this gloss blind us of the simple fact Drogba is a hindrance to anyone looking to take up that CF role. I'm not even talking about Torres, just anyone really. Because Drogba is plan B, and with Drogba at plan B it means an excuse to include Essien, Lampard & Cole in the squad simply because it works now & then.

Chelsea need to give him an extension so we can sell him.

Can't let him go for free!

A lot of clubs will pay to get him...I hope Anelka does us a favor and pay us big for Drogba! :)

Sometimes I think we have more financial analysts than fans on this forum...

But giving an extension, just to sell a player (never mind if its Drogba) at the first chance? I don't know if its right, but its certainly unethical.

Not if the player is in on the plan and wants his current club to receive some kind of compensation when he leaves. For example if Drogba were to leave for Anzhi or some other big spending club to whom money is not a problem then why wouldn't he want what's best for Chelsea, the club that he loves?

All this is hyphotethical of course and if Drogba is leaving I'm sure that the Chelsea board are not intelligent enough to even come up with something like this and Didier leaves for free.

Played good tonight, always a threat for Barca. They were pissed at his play acting tonight though, tbh it was quality to see Barca get some of their own medicine, the bastards.

Agree. And funny Busquets was having a go at Drogba for his play-acting & time wasting.

Hoping for more of the same next week from Drogba at the Camp Nou.