• Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)

15 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Any manager would understand Kepa decision to stay on

What the fuck are you talking about? What any manager? No manager ever has been in this position before!! Sarri was talking me him off on purpose so Caballero could save some penalties since he was City player and had countless penalty sessions with them not mention psychological aspects for City player that would play the part here. No wonder the clubs in shambles when part of the fan base is delusional as well...

15 hours ago, Mana said:

I don’t care. Sarri is supposed to be a leader, and going all crazy in public does nobody favours. It’s embarrassing from him.

Kepa should be DEALT with behind the scenes. You don’t go and lose your head in the most critical part of the game.

there is something else to say. that situation never happens in professional squads. it's simply crazy that a player refuses to be sub 

the board must say something about it 

54 minutes ago, Kajo said:

What the fuck are you talking about? What any manager? No manager ever has been in this position before!! Sarri was talking me him off on purpose so Caballero could save some penalties since he was City player and had countless penalty sessions with them not mention psychological aspects for City player that would play the part here. No wonder the clubs in shambles when part of the fan base is delusional as well...

Hundreds of times before gk signaled he is ok to continue and the manager put the backup gk back on bench. Sarri just went livid. He even started shouting on Willy to get back the fuck off the bench right before he stormed to the door, who the hell is he to just leave the entire team? And then changes his mind in a second lol and goes back. What was that for? Just to put on a show? I totaly get human emotions but at this level our fricking manager has to be more collected no matter the situation. Because of one player he was about to fuck the entire team? You do that shit behind the doors, bench Kepa etc. What he does at press conference? Excuses that it was misunderstanding which is bs. The entire club lack balls to clear up this situation. 

If it was tactical, preplaned decision Sarri should know better to inform Kepa about it prior to the game. Kepa doesnt have excuse if he was called to be subbed, he should go, but the level of incompetency from both sides is unreal here. This is top level football and you dont let tactical changes to last minute because tensions are high.

And please before calling me delusional read the whole posts I wrote. I blame both Kepa and Sarri for being two kids who cant do the basics of communication.

You could see Sarri was fuming that Kepa woudn't come off. You could see Zola wasn't happy.

How would you feel being totally ignored by the most expensive keeper in the world not coming off because he can't be trusted over a 30 odd year old to save penalties?

And after the down tools and lack of passion from the players since december I should think it felt like the last straw. He either left for a time out or was going to fuckin blow up and that would have been yet a different reason some of you could have whined about.

Sarri left the scene for under a minute, got his act together and returned. Maybe Mou could have done that a couple of times.

I'm more upset that Dave or any of the others couldn't have gad a word with Kepa. Our 'captain'

See Eden was there at the end giving Kepa support tho.

And so pissed at Willian. Fuckin hugging Pep and laughing with him. Cunt!

So what's people's thoughts on yesterday and the sub fiasco at the end? Firstly I was stunned we actually managed to give city a game  secondly I think it demonstrated sarris complete lack of control at the club.  I have t been on here for a good while and have no idea how the sarri feeling is on here so sorry if I upset anyone but frankly I can't wait for him to go! I've followed  Chelsea since the Ian portfield days and have never ft as low as this about the current set up 

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The unanswered question how can the players respect the manager when he is losing it and storming off himself?

I think most managers would have lost it in that situation. I took him walking off as a way of calming himself down before returning to the bench. The commentator instantly suggesting that he was 'walking away from Chelsea'. Obviously you can interpret it however you want.

3 minutes ago, pippin said:

So what's people's thoughts on yesterday and the sub fiasco at the end? Firstly I was stunned we actually managed to give city a game  secondly I think it demonstrated sarris complete lack of control at the club.  I have t been on here for a good while and have no idea how the sarri feeling is on here so sorry if I upset anyone but frankly I can't wait for him to go! I've followed  Chelsea since the Ian portfield days and have never ft as low as this about the current set up 

I'm low too

But I still think sarris SYSTEM could work.

But it was set up for failure from the start with these particular players. Tho theres a few points that I really cant get on Sarris side with.

But we did play a lot better yesterday than last time.

I liked the way we started and how Jorgino clocked Aguero. It was obviously a talking point pre game after he did his GBH tackle on Luiz in December. And ho many were soddin booing him, whining he was a lightweight. He wanted to show peeps he was no push over. Good lad

OK so his penalty was saved. Nobody says a dickie bird when Edens penaltys saved ffs!

Already gave my ten penneth worth on Kepas malarky

This is nothing new about our managers losing control Maybe go back in Mous and Contes threads and get a reminder.

3 hours ago, Kajo said:

Agreed. Any manager would understand Kepa wanting to stay on, but actually refusing to come off and staying on? That's a different story & unacceptable.

It's just a shame after a completely unexpected and great performance that this is what will be talked about for god knows how long.

10 minutes ago, JDY said:

I think most managers would have lost it in that situation. I took him walking off as a way of calming himself down before returning to the bench. The commentator instantly suggesting that he was 'walking away from Chelsea'. Obviously you can interpret it however you want.

I was watching it without sound and thought he'd been sent off:lol:

Yes, it is a shame that the only story after that game is Kepa and Sarri. They played that game really well and were so close to pulling off a huge upset. To everyone saying, all they did was sit back and it wasn't impressive, almost every team tries that against City and still gets blown out 5-0.

Lots of players played great, including Kante and Rudi, and we finally got to see Emerson, CHO, and RLC play in a real game. Just too bad the penalties didn't go our way. 

For me one of the most disappointing parts was Azpi's lack of leadership. As a captain and leader he looked lost in the Kepa situation, and then had no clue what to do when they were doing the coin flips for penalties. He had to ask everyone else on the team what to do. I'm a big fan of his on field, but he didn't look like a captain at all. 

Yesterdays cup fiasco show me that we don't have leaders in this team picture kepa Arrizabalaga getting on like that if JT was captain it wouldnt have happened I feel Dave as our captain should have try to control the situation but he fail to do so david Luiz was only Chelsea player who confronted kepa