Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

Why is Higuain way better? Because he scores more goals or...?

For us, Dzeko would be a much better fit than Higuain, simply because he leads the line better than Higuain does.

Dzeko is like a poor man's Lewandowski. And also it will depend on exactly the type of striker we're looking for - in either case, Dzeko shouldn't be anywhere near top of the list - i'm not sure because some people seem to think we need a player similar to Drogba who can hold people off etc, but i personally want a poacher.

The amount of chances Mazacar create already and can create will only increase with someone not only making good runs, but also someone who's able to finish off chances. We've not had Drogba this season, but we have played great football in a lot of games but lack the top finisher we need.

Higuain is wildly inconsistent. However, when he's on his day, he can work wonders. Not sure if he'd do very well over here however. I'd take him, just as long as the price was low (around 15 mil).

higuains goal scoring record at madrid is superb so how exactly does he not "cut it" ?

It's easy to score goals in La Liga, anyone can do it.

He doesn't cut it for Real when it comes to firing them through to the Champs League final like Lewa did for Dortmund.

He had chances to put Madrid up and in such an important game he didn't cut it.

Trust me, if Real continue with Higuain as their main striker they won't win Champs League until they get rid of him and stop relying on Ronaldo.

Put Dzeko in our team, in front of the Mazacar trio, play him regularly and I'm telling you - he would deliver 25+ goals a season.

I personally don't think players like Higuain suit us at all, Falcao aswell for that matter. Higuain is no where near as good as he's being regarded.

You are not that good with Math as you think.

Ok Real Madrid career = 260 games, 120 goals (all competitions)

He's been getting worse - stand out season: 2009/10 - 40 games, 29 goals

This season: 40 games, 19 goals (all competitions) - isn't that the same as Torrid?

Whereas Lewandoski - 43 games, 35 goals...

So definitely would consider Lewandoski over Higuain ;)

Put Dzeko in our team, in front of the Mazacar trio, play him regularly and I'm telling you - he would deliver 25+ goals a season.

I personally don't think players like Higuain suit us at all, Falcao aswell for that matter. Higuain is no where near as good as he's being regarded.

Lol Dzeko? Have you seen him this season? He's been atrocious. There's a reason why City are looking to get rid of him.

Lol Dzeko? Have you seen him this season? He's been atrocious. There's a reason why City are looking to get rid of him.

Yeah but Aguero and Tevez have been shit also - City have performed badly... But Dzeko at Wolfsburg in Bundes was amazing... He also scored some good goals for City once he settled in...

If given a consistent run of games he'll score plenty :)

I would have him here instead of Torres ;)

Lukaku, Dzeko and BA would be a great strike force for next season :)

Lewa, Lukaku and BA would be better tho :)

Yeah but Aguero and Tevez have been shit also - City have performed badly... But Dzeko at Wolfsburg in Bundes was amazing... He also scored some good goals for City once he settled in...

If given a consistent run of games he'll score plenty :)

I would have him here instead of Torres ;)

Lukaku, Dzeko and BA would be a great strike force for next season :)

Lewa, Lukaku and BA would be better tho :)

If you take 'Dzeko' out and replace it with 'Higuian' your post is still applicable. Except instead if Wolfsburg it would be 2009 Real Madrid.

People are jumping the gun to either extreme here.

Higuain isn't "shit". But is he better than van Persie, Aguero or Suarez? In my personal opinion, no. My major concern is he is totally unable the hold the ball up, and he is a pretty lethargic striker. To put it in a way for people who don't watch Real matches, or those who do and obviously pay no attention, he is one lazy bastard. If you are frustrated by Torres' lethargy, then you are barking up the wrong tree with Higuain. He gets caught offside more often than Kalou did, and his heading ability is probably even worse than Ramires'. He is a clinical finisher with either foot, granted, but he is another type of striker who plays on the shoulder of the last defender. Judging by how badly Torres and Shevchenko turned out, do we really want another one of these?

In my view we're better off keeping the likes of Ba and Lukaku as our forwards - nice and direct.

I don't particularly rate Higuain, but by no measure have I called him "shit". He is a good player that would do well at a team like Man City that would suit his individual strengths (Higuain is a bit of a poacher and revels in support from out wide, so Mancini's system would utilise him pretty well indeed, the same way Torres would have probably starred at City and Dzeko would have possibly been a hero at Chelsea, but that story is for a different day).

People are jumping the gun to either extreme here.

Higuain isn't "shit". But is he better than van Persie, Aguero or Suarez? In my personal opinion, no. My major concern is he is totally unable the hold the ball up, and he is a pretty lethargic striker. To put it in a way for people who don't watch Real matches, or those who do and obviously pay no attention, he is one lazy bastard. If you are frustrated by Torres' lethargy, then you are barking up the wrong tree with Higuain. He gets caught offside more often than Kalou did, and his heading ability is probably even worse than Ramires'. He is a clinical finisher with either foot, granted, but he is another type of striker who plays on the shoulder of the last defender. Judging by how badly Torres and Shevchenko turned out, do we really want another one of these?

In my view we're better off keeping the likes of Ba and Lukaku as our forwards - nice and direct.

I don't particularly rate Higuain, but by no measure have I called him "shit". He is a good player that would do well at a team like Man City that would suit his individual strengths (Higuain is a bit of a poacher and revels in support from out wide, so Mancini's system would utilise him pretty well indeed, the same way Torres would have probably starred at City and Dzeko would have possibly been a hero at Chelsea, but that story is for a different day).

All valid points buuut you have to appreciate that Torres and Shevchenko were always pace whores while Gonzalo has never even been that fast.

Higuain has lack of confidence, that's it. Give him a chance to shine, he will do it. Last year more goals than Benzema with 2/3 of games, this year still the same. Just a small remainder for him about the off-side rules (he always is in off-side).

Said that, he is not a guy for us.

Higuain has lack of confidence, that's it. Give him a chance to shine, he will do it. Last year more goals than Benzema with 2/3 of games, this year still the same. Just a small remainder for him about the off-side rules (he always is in off-side).

Said that, he is not a guy for us.

If both Pipita and Mourinho come to Chelsea, Mourinho wil tacticaly teach him how to fix...oh wait...he couldnt do that in 3! years.

If both Pipita and Mourinho come to Chelsea, Mourinho wil tacticaly teach him how to fix...oh wait...he couldnt do that in 3! years.

The environment and cirumstances at Chelsea are completely different to Real Madrid.