Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

Didn't Jose once said, he was the laziest player he has ever worked with? Why would he want him here?

that quote was fake. but dont think that we want him.

#Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis: "We are working for Gonzalo Higuaín, but Chelsea have offered a lot more."

Fakest quote ever? Higuain was the sub of Benzema with José in the bench? Why in the hell we would sign him?

While some feel he's overrated I feel he's horribly underrated. It's actually sad. The move to Madrid really affected him. They made him a much more static striker and the inconsistency of in-and-out of the team mentality which was used with the strikers means he had trouble finding his feet and thus missed some sitters when coming into the team after being frozen out for 5 or more games.

That said, despite being used so much as a back-up or rotation option, he is Real Madrid's third highest goalscorer since Emilio Butragueño who broke into the Real Madrid team in 1983. Since Butragueño's time with the club ended in 1994, only Cristano Ronaldo and Raul have more goals for the club than him. Yep. In 5 seasons Higuain has more goals than the Ronaldo had at Real Madrid in the same amount of time. Difference is, Ronaldo arrived at Madrid being one of the best strikers in the world whereas Higuain arrived from the bloody Argentinian league.

Messi has 35 goals in 82 games for Argentina.

Aguero has 18 goals in 45 games for Argentina.

Higuain has 20 goals in 32 games for Argentina.

That's a huge difference in goal-to-game ratio in favour of Higuain who's been in the team for 4 years less than the always prolific Messi and 7 years less than Aguero.

Higuain should have been Argentina's answer to Spain's Raul. He's been mismanaged by both managers and members of the Real Madrid board who always favoured Benzema for some bizarre reason.

If he arrives here and starts to play consistently again I'm quite positive he'll regain that once-electric pace he possessed in Argentina and his crisp finishing which is amongst the best in the world should follow.

I love Pipita and being a RM fan, I've watched plenty of him in the past six years.

I of course want him here, but I don't know how much of that is bias because as I stated, I love Pipita.

His movement is amazing and his positioning is enviable. He misses a lot, but he scores a lot. Let's not forget the amount of goals he scored two seasons ago in a team with Ronaldo as Europe's top scorer and him alternating matches with Benzema. Even his 19 goals last season doesn't look bad when you put things in perspective. He does play by Ronaldo's side and he rotates with Benzema. So for a guy who rotates and plays with Ronaldo (that not only scores a lot, but is very selfish), it proves he's quality.

I'd hate if he went to Arsenal. I wish he went to another league actually - except if he came for us, that is. But he won't come for us, so I hope he goes to Juve or whatever...