Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

Torres, Lukaku and Ba are similar? What are you looking at, their shoe size?

In a way all 3 like to play of the shoulders of defenders and/or in spaces between where they have room to shoot. I don't think any of them are pure target men who like to have their back towards defenders and try and out muscle them like Drogba.

emm no? to prefer a player that is injured most of the season, over a goal scorer machine?!

Bit harsh supposing Higuain on his day is as good/better than Falcao. Hes 25 and has scored over 100 goals in 7 years for Real Madrid, if that doesn't put him in the bracket of goal machine then fuck knows what does. One of the best strikers out just forgotten because of his injuries in the last 2/3 years and Mou's preference for Benzema.

Bit harsh supposing Higuain on his day is as good/better than Falcao. Hes 25 and has scored over 100 goals in 7 years for Real Madrid, if that doesn't put him in the bracket of goal machine then fuck knows what does. One of the best strikers out just forgotten because of his injuries in the last 2/3 years and Mou's preference for Benzema.

'Mou's preference for Benzema' isn't by mistake. It's because Higuain isn't as clinical as he was once, yea he is a class striker but Benzema delivers in the big games when called upon. Higuain wastes too many chances, you only have to look at RM's season last year to see it happening.

I blame the back injuries that occurred during the 10/11 season for Higuaín's loss of ability. But he isn't injury prone at all and routinely makes around 40 appearances all season and last year hit a high of 54 appearances. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

'Mou's preference for Benzema' isn't by mistake. It's because Higuain isn't as clinical as he was once, yea he is a class striker but Benzema delivers in the big games when called upon. Higuain wastes too many chances, you only have to look at RM's season last year to see it happening.

Thats due to Benzema being suited to RM's style perfectly. Saying that, Higuain is a very prolific striker. 7 goals and 2 assists in 643 minutes (Just over 7 full games).

Last year he played 35 matches. Coming on as a sub 17 times and coming off as one 14 times, yet he still managed to score 22 goals and get 9 assists. All that in 1712 minutes. A goal every 77 minutes. 25M is a steal.

Seeing Ba put up a good performance on his debut shows that perhaps we don't need to buy very expensive strikers to see the goals flow.According to me,we should pull out of the Falcao/Cavani race and concentrate on players like Higuain who would cost us much less.

It would be smarter to spend 45m on 3 strikers than on one.

• 2 months later...

Apparently he wants to move to London because his girlfriend has a job with the BBC and he wants to live in London.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/spanish-press-say-tottenham-is-likeliest-destination-for-higuain

Obviously Real want Bale offering 30 mil and Higuain but I say we should try and bid for him because Spurs will want to keep Bale.

Benzema>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think Real will go after Falcao in the summer, hope we snatch Benzema.

Higuain is the type of striker that shows up 9/10 against scrub sides, and shows up 1/10 against the top sides. If he is underrated that is probably the reason, also Higuain has only 7 goals in 44 CL games.

So do people really want a striker like him?

I personally think he is more likely to stay at Real Madrid then Benzema, Higuain has shown a lot more loyalty to the club. Then again i think it is possible both leave in the summer, i don't think neither want to continue sharing playing time with another top striker.

Benzema>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Higuain is the type of striker that shows up 9/10 against scrub sides, and shows up 1/10 against the top sides. If he is underrated that is probably the reason, also Higuain has only 7 goals in 44 CL games.

I personally think he is more likely to stay at Real Madrid then Benzema, Higuain has shown a lot more loyalty to the club. Then again i think it is possible both leave in the summer, i don't think neither want to continue sharing playing time with another top striker.

You see, it's posts like that that really make me cringe

Stats from the last few seasons:

Real Madrid (all competitions)

2008-09

44 games 24 goals 9 assists

goal every 1.83 games.

2009-10

40 games 29 goals 6 assists

goal every 1.38 games.

2010-11 25 games 13 goals 6 assists

goal every 1.92 games.

2011-12

54 games 26 goals 10 assists

goal every 2.07 games.

2012-13

28 games 10 goals 6 assists

goal every 2.8 games.

Impressive stats except this season due to lack of playing time and injury problems.

Been a big fan of Higuain since I can really remember first seeing him playing. Obviously hes not been at his best this year but neither has half the Madrid team. He seems to be one of those players who needs to play 9/10 games to get into a good run of form. Hes also a team player, has played various positions for Real under previous managers and is vice captain there too I think.

I think in the right team he could be a very very good striker.

You see, it's posts like that that really make me cringe

How so?

The part of Benzema being better? That is my opinion and i tend to prefer all round strikers then poachers.

The CL statistics? I didn't make that up.

The part about him not showing up in big games? Well that is the perception in general about him, and most fair minded Madrid fans would definitely agree about him not stepping up in big games. Well i guess tbf to him the biggest game for Real Madrid in La Liga is against Barcelona, and i guess it is just a bad match up for him. Since a poacher is basically useless when you play Barca.

Benzema>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A team still has to beat the scrubs sides and that is something Chelsea hasn't been doing lately.

Not the type of striker we need and if we were buying him couple of seasons back . He'd have worth it . If anyone has saw any Madrid game this season in which he has played can tell exactly how shit he has been. He can play the 2nd striker role very well imo though

Higuain is so hot and cold but i would welcome him because he has shown glimpses of brilliance. Just worry about him in the really big games, he seems to be playing hide and seek. He's probably one of the worst finishers i've ever seen though so not too convinced. Shouldn't pay more than £15m for him.

Sell Torres for £15m, buy Higuain for £15m? Works for me.

Higuain is so hot and cold but i would welcome him because he has shown glimpses of brilliance. Just worry about him in the really big games, he seems to be playing hide and seek. He's probably one of the worst finishers i've ever seen though so not too convinced. Shouldn't pay more than £15m for him.

Sell Torres for £15m, buy Higuain for £15m? Works for me.

Sell Torres for £15m, are you high? :noexpression:

Sell Torres for £15m, are you high? :noexpression:

Some Russian or Chinese team would pay that because of the interest it would attract for the club... Shirt sales, sponsorships etc. But that works for me...

The sooner he is gone the quicker we can move on from the constant torres and rafa show.