Philippe Coutinho

Unionjack

On 4/28/2019 at 0:56 PM, Jason said:

He does it well but Coutinho is basically a long range shooter merchant. That's all he is. 

Wouldn't mind one of them in the squad for a change

• 2 weeks later...

Roman Abramovich to sanction Chelsea move for Philippe Coutinho as Eden Hazard replacement

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/11/roman-abramovich-sanction-chelsea-move-philippe-coutinho-eden-hazard-replacement-9499337/

Chelsea are reportedly preparing to push ahead with a move for Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho as they plan for life after Real Madrid target Eden Hazard. The Belgian is widely expected to leave Stamford Bridge this year having refused to sign a new contract with the club; he has just a year left to run on his current deal and Chelsea fear they will need to cash in. Real boss Zinedine Zidane has made Hazard his top transfer target and is ready to offer in excess of £100million to land him.

Now Spanish radio station Cadena SER report that Chelsea are braced to lose Hazard and will immediately reinvest the funds on Coutinho, transfer ban permitting. The west London club are still hopeful that they will be allowed to buy players this summer and are the only club to have expressed concrete interest in signing Coutinho.

The Brazilian has endured a difficult time at Camp Nou since making a move that could cost a total of £142m and has been heavily criticised – and even jeered – by fans. According to Cadena SER, Barca tasked intermediaries with finding a new club for Coutinho in the Premier League and only Chelsea responded positively, with Roman Abramovich believing he is the ideal man to lead the club’s next cycle in Hazard’s absence.

snip

ffs:angry:

I really like Phil Coutinho's game but I don't think he's a wide player. He's best right behind the striker. 

Seeing as Sarri doesn't deploy a traditional #10 I don't think we'd even consider moving for him, and certainly not at the prices being thrown around.

Barca will have to take a massive loss to dump him. He's got Man United panic buy written all over him.

14 hours ago, Pizy said:

He's got Man United panic buy written all over him.

if those Scouse cunts win the double (or even just the CL) and Manure does take him, lolol, the first game back at Scamfield will be glorious, he will get so much stick every time he touches the ball it will be deafening

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

Coutinho is an upgrade on RLC?

the only way Coutinho makes sense is as a LW, but there are much better values out there

he will cost over £100m

hard pass

I am sticking with my

original 4 LWer targets (now 3 as Thorgan Hazard is going to Borussia Dortmund)

Hirving Lozano, , then Ismaïla Sarr, then Ante Rebic, maybe add Steven Bergwijn of PSV  (zeo chance they can keep both him and Lozano) as the new 4th

IF we had REALLY big jacobs, and IF they sell him do to his refusal to sign new contract

I would go all out for Leroy Sane

even BIGGER (as in biggest player in the world)

make a move for Mbappe (he plays mostly CF now) next summer (we would HAVe to have CL in 2020-21

ZERO chance Roman drops £250-£300m plus £500 to 600K PW salary to grab him though

finally a future forward option

Rodrygo, another superstar 18yo LW Brasilian is now with Real Madrid

I do not see how they can keep all those LWers (Vinícius Júnior, Asensio, and even Isco plays ere at times, PLUS now Rodrygo??)

maybe prise out either Vinícius Júnior or Rodrygo (hard pass on the other two, and Isco is an AMF mainly anyway)

it all will depend who is left in summer 2020 when we can buy again

plus there is CHO to sort out

I would be over the moon with our 4 wingers as

LW Lozano

LW CHO

RW Nicolas Pepe (but he will be sold this summer:()

RW Pulisic

all but Pepe can play ether wing as well, so very versatile

we really fucked up by turning down the £175m for Eden last summer and then buying Ousmane Dembele (Barca would have taken only £100 to 110m or so, now I so doubt they sell him) We also could have ramrodded though a Willian plus £20m or so offer to Manure for Martial when Mo was still there, now there is zero chance as well.

The numpty board is probably in middle of offering the cunt a 3 or 4 year extension, now that Luiz has broken our no multiyears for 30-somethings hard rule:rant:

46 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I would far rather that Hazard money be spent either on a world class striker or on improving the defence (left back and centre back).

I really like Coutinho but I don't think he's worth 'that' amount of money and as some have mentioned there are cheaper options to replace Hazard.

Someone told me the other day that Ziyech has a £25m release clause in his contract. Chelsea should be all over that if its true, I've been impressed every time I've seen him for Ajax in the Champions League this season. In the current market that is an absolute bargain and he would offer a much bigger goal threat than all of our current wide and creative players, Hazard not included.

100% agree

Phillippe Coutinho has endured a difficult 16 months since swapping Liverpool for Barcelona and there is plenty of talk that he could leave the Nou Camp this summer.

According to Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, Chelsea are the only Premier League club who have shown an interest in Coutinho and, if they can get their transfer ban overturned, have the financial capacity to sign him.

Coutinho moved to Barca for £106m last January and a number of clauses mean that fee could rise, so Barca may look to offload soon.

We seem to be linked with coutinho alot Atm 

please no. Would be a typical Morata-style board signing. Blindly splashing out an overpriced fee for a fancy player from a fancy Spanish club who has never consistently delivered when under pressure and is not even undisputed first choice nor top5 in his position. 

45 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

please no. Would be a typical Morata-style board signing. Blindly splashing out an overpriced fee for a fancy player from a fancy Spanish club who has never consistently delivered when under pressure and is not even undisputed first choice nor top5 in his position. 

We should go for Zaha or Pepe if hazard goes I'm not fan of signing coutinho for £100m

12 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

There is a big difference between Coutinho and Morata: Coutinho has PL experience, and despite what bitter Liverpool fans say, he was their best player back in the day. To other side, Morata was no more than a squad player in Real Madrid. You just don't pay that price for that kind of player. 

To other side, Coutinho is not worth more than 50m.

20 hours ago, the wes said:

Barcelona 'will not sell Philippe Coutinho for less than £100m' as misfit looks for way out of Nou Camp 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7026809/Barcelona-not-sell-Chelsea-target-Philippe-Coutinho-100m.html

Good. No one in their right man would buy him for anything more than 50mil anyways.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You