Philippe Coutinho

Unionjack

On 18/01/2019 at 1:00 PM, BlueLyon said:

Valverde plays very restricted football for barca standards. IMO Coutinho would fit our CM role much better. He was very good in Pool in same role.

Restricted football (which I would hardly agree with, Barca are just a lot more solid and perhaps more patient with the ball than they were under Enrique, who liked to have quick transitions at any chance as well as possession but not as obsessive as Pep was about it) or not he has still struggled to assert any sort of authority for Barca or even for Brazil (despite Tite's insistence on using him there) in that CM position. He was only ever really really good at Liverpool playing off the front as a 10 or from the left hand side. 

Philippe Coutinho: Chelsea make contact with Barcelona over £100m transfer - EXCLUSIVE

CHELSEA have asked Barcelona to keep them in touch with any plans they have to offload former Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1074821/Philippe-Coutinho-transfer-news-Barcelona-Chelsea

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Restricted football (which I would hardly agree with, Barca are just a lot more solid and perhaps more patient with the ball than they were under Enrique, who liked to have quick transitions at any chance as well as possession but not as obsessive as Pep was about it) or not he has still struggled to assert any sort of authority for Barca or even for Brazil (despite Tite's insistence on using him there) in that CM position. He was only ever really really good at Liverpool playing off the front as a 10 or from the left hand side. 

I think the way that Hamsik played at Napoli under Sarri was a hybrid 8/10. He was given a lot of licence to join the attacks from a deeper position so I don't think it would necessarily restrict Coutinho playing in that position. Against the majority of teams in the league where we'll dominate possession that player should operate high up the pitch a bit like a number 10 anyway, that's a big part of the problem we have at the moment.

One of the biggest things that a player like Coutinho would give us which we lack at the moment is a goal threat from outside the box. Lampard would lick his lips in a team like this that dominates possession and pins teams to the edge of their penalty area or deeper because he would get ample opportunities to have a shot at goal from around the edge of the box. Coutinho showed in his time at Liverpool that, given the opportunity he isn't afraid to have some long range shots.

48 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

One of the biggest things that a player like Coutinho would give us which we lack at the moment is a goal threat from outside the box. Lampard would lick his lips in a team like this that dominates possession and pins teams to the edge of their penalty area or deeper because he would get ample opportunities to have a shot at goal from around the edge of the box. Coutinho showed in his time at Liverpool that, given the opportunity he isn't afraid to have some long range shots.

A Coutinho + Fekir partnership along with a proper striker and Pully would hopefully go a long way to helping Jorgi out giving him real targets to pass to.

Add a LB to it and also sadly later a RB and that should sort us out before this supposed ban comes in.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

A Coutinho + Fekir partnership along with a proper striker and Pully would hopefully go a long way to helping Jorgi out giving him real targets to pass to.

Add a LB to it and also sadly later a RB and that should sort us out before this supposed ban comes in.

so one of them at winger?

as they are both AMF's at core

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

All season Majority Coutinho has played LW

But course yeah. Fekir as AMF

I could really get into that, would be great, but see almost no chance we would stump up the £170m or so that will be need to get both

we REALLY have to start selling off players

its madness we are not dumping deadwood left and right

January is always a SELLERS market

we are going on the verge of multiple years of not selling players who should be sold

Just now, Vesper said:

I could really get into that, would be great, but see almost no chance we would stump up the £170m or so that will be need to get both

we REALLY have to start selling off players

its madness we are not dumping deadwood left and right

January is always a SELLERS market

we are going on the verge of multiple years of not selling players who should be sold

Dont think we could give some away.

But yeah.

£80/£90mill for Eden and half way there. I'm sure the club woyld stump up the rest. We aren't shy of buying ones that THE BOARD want. Just need to convince them it was THEIR idea and THEY want them.

Hire Robert Temple to hypnotize the gits!

32 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Dont think we could give some away.

But yeah.

£80/£90mill for Eden and half way there. I'm sure the club woyld stump up the rest. We aren't shy of buying ones that THE BOARD want. Just need to convince them it was THEIR idea and THEY want them.

Hire Robert Temple to hypnotize the gits!

one HUGE problem

we also need

WINGERS!!!

and

a WC ball playing CB if Luiz walks (and Éder Militão is now maybe off the table as Real look to have wrapped him up, grrrrrrrr)

two new fullbacks, especially LB (Azpi I suppose can last one more season, but he really isn't good enough there, but ffs, we HAVE to upgrade on Alonso)

DH DMF (I pray we get Paredes, as I think he might even be able to bench Jorginho at times, and FFS, BUY TONALI in the summer)

STRIKER (surely even if Higs is oki, we need a real long-term striker)

I am so depressed at where we stand atm and where we are headed, especially as Marina is the puppet that stears the ship

arfffffffffff:(

Barcelona reveal Philippe Coutinho asking price to Chelsea: Blues not put off by price

CHELSEA have been quoted £100m by Barcelona for midfield star Philippe Coutinho.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/754625/Barcelona-transfer-news-Philippe-Coutinho-fee-asking-price-Chelsea-Man-United-latest

The majority realise we are in a bad spot concerning needing upgrades.

The others still have their rose tinted specs on or smoking summet much stronger than I am. And I doubt tat very much! So good that an old Bill took some off me yesterday and II HAD TO GIVE HIM £60 ffs!!!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You