Leandro Paredes

the wes

Paris Saint-Germain have won the race for Zenit midfielder Leandro Paredes after agreeing a fee in the region of €40m (£34.9m) with the Russian giants, claims The Daily Telegraph.

https://www.whoscored.com/News/TpM-xMxQhEqQNv4l2UEDLg/Show/Paris-Saint-Germain-to-sign-Chelsea-target-in-34-9m-deal

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/psg-to-defeat-chelsea-in-race-to-sign-former-roma-midfielder-58117

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

We need a midfielder.  40 is a lot for a backup.  It's hard.  The player has to be good enough, but not so good that they complain about game time or cost too much.  Usually this is where teams with a plan get a younger player in to be the understudy and groom them.  We can't do that because we have no idea who the manager is going to be in 2-3 years nor have any idea of how they are going to want to set up.

11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

APPARENTLY so L'Equip say, Zenit are lowering his price back down again,

They got greedy when PSG came into the frame and told them to sod off.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/01/23/chelsea-boost-as-zenit-prepare-to-lower-asking-price-for-leandro-paredes/406956/

Let's do this! He is a class player. Will so help the drive for 3rd or 4th place and the EL title.

22 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Zenit have nothing to loose, and perhaps a lot to gain, by dragging this out so, if he does move this window, it's likely to be late in the month. 

We just need lay £35m (fair price) on the table and say 'да или нет?'

3 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Bought Drinkwater as a backup for that much lol

Not sure who thought that was a good idea, same summer Paredes went for for around 23m+4m add on. Don't think you could have a worse summer than the one we did on the back of a PL title. Bakayoko and Morata are already gone, and Drinkwater is so shit no one wants him.

Paredes would be a good addition regardless who the manager is; technical, work rate, passer, above average athletically, etc. So a fine all around midfielder that would benefit any side. 

16 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Who are you and why have you hacked Vesper's account?

I am not a spendthrift, if you look at all my posts on targets you will see I show how to pay for them and never offer more than fair market vale (no matter how fucked up the market is). Icardi is a perfect example. His release clause is £98m. We are FOOLS to not match it and say DONE. BUT I never ever would pay over £115-120m or so for him, and that goes down each year, as he ages.

WE completely have shat away 70 bloody million on Drinkwater. That buy alone who get a head chopped at my hedge fund. £45m for Barella is good business IMHO. I can but deal with deals one on one, in isolation. Paredes to me is a £35m DH DMF. I MIGHT say a couple million more just to get it done in January, but Zenit can fuck off on 55m euros.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Let's do this! He is a class player. Will so help the drive for 3rd or 4th place and the EL title.

Yet again the Alonso of the Football club board  lose out once again.

Granny will pop up now saying she was just about to try for him then it will come out in the media she refused to pay a extra £1m for him so he fucked off to PSG

15 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I'm fine with not signing Paredes as long as Sarri will actually rest Jorginho and give proper opportunities to Kovacic and Ampadu in that position

Agree. We can strengthen in the summer by replacing Kovacic and promoting Ampadu/Mount

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You