Christian Pulisic

the wes

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Bad genetics

Makes me think back to when I heard a medical guy talking about Michael Owen having a weak hamstring which can never be healed and how it would cut short his peak years as a player. The medic said this well before Owen started to decline.

I always thought that hamstrings could be 100% healed with proper rest, but the medic was sadly proved right. I just hope that Puli isn't another Owen, especially as he's one of the very few players we have with the level of ability we need.

Thing with Owen is that he had multiple tears. Multiple tears of the hamstring leave indents in the hamstring where the muscle tissue initially was, making the hamstring weaker and more prone to injuries. 

I'm not sure if Pulisic suffered any hamstring injuries in the severity of Owen. Just hoping proper rehab can get rid of the problem. 

Great talent but his body isn't up to it. This isn't something new.. this has been going on since he was a teenager. Dortmund didn't give a fuck when they sold him. He was always a bench player for them... and we try to turn him into our poster boy. Jokes on us.

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It’s come to a point where the club needs to make a decision on him. Continue to invest in him in the hopes his injuries go away, or sell on. 

Feel like it will only come to that point next year, when Pulisic would only have 2 years left on his contract.

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It’s come to a point where the club needs to make a decision on him. Continue to invest in him in the hopes his injuries go away, or sell on. 

I dont know. I mean, theres got to be a way to get this guy fully fit. Surely. Now so more than ever we need someone with his characteristics as we don’t have anyone who can take opposition player’s out of the game in 1 v 1s bar him and Callum.

I know people wanted to compare him to Eden when he signed and whilst its unfair, his playing style looks similar and potentially his role here could be similar. He gets at folk, doesn’t seem afraid to take them on and I think this team needs someone who’s a bit more direct.

He has the potential to be our big player in the same way Eden was. He already showed after project re-start last season he was our best player in terms of talent and also making others around him look better, and whilst it hasnt happened for him this season I still have faith if hes fully fit, he is a huge part of this team. We wouldn’t of made top 4 without him last season for me personally. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont know. I mean, theres got to be a way to get this guy fully fit. Surely. Now so more than ever we need someone with his characteristics as we don’t have anyone who can take opposition player’s out of the game in 1 v 1s bar him and Callum.

I know people wanted to compare him to Eden when he signed and whilst its unfair, his playing style looks similar and potentially his role here could be similar. He gets at folk, doesn’t seem afraid to take them on and I think this team needs someone who’s a bit more direct.

He has the potential to be our big player in the same way Eden was. He already showed after project re-start last season he was our best player in terms of talent and also making others around him look better, and whilst it hasnt happened for him this season I still have faith if hes fully fit, he is a huge part of this team. We wouldn’t of made top 4 without him last season for me personally. 

Don't think anyone is really doubting his talent but the point is, how can we rely on a player that is injury prone? How can we rely on a player that somehow has injured himself twice this season alone by the most innocuous of sprints? 

The severity of this latest injury remains to be seen but the last time this happened at Burnley, he was out for a month and then it took him months to get back into some sort of form. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Don't think anyone is really doubting his talent but the point is, how can we rely on a player that is injury prone? How can we rely on a player that somehow has injured himself twice this season alone by the most innocuous of sprints? 

The severity of this latest injury remains to be seen but the last time this happened at Burnley, he was out for a month and then it took him months to get back into some sort of form. 

Look at what happened with Robben though. Was dogged with stupid injuries here as well as at Madrid, got over his injuries, got really fit at Bayern (ok still had a few issues towards the end of his career and maybe missed some games in a season but still) and became a proper world class player.

Theres no doubting the talent for sure, we’ve seen it, plus I always think about what happened with Arjen, I think hes worth the risk. If the other attackers weren’t doing so poorly nobody would be considering his place in the clubs long term plans I think. But because we were so reliant on him last season and probably would of been this season if he was fit, it makes the situation a bit more difficult. 

If Werner and Ziyech - would of put CHO in here but I think hes stepped up with Tuchel in patches and his lack of consistency is more to do with his overall development and Havertz also but hes still a kid although again you’d want more from him for the proce tag- had taken the load a bit and had produced much more, and we didnt look so void of ideas without him, I don’t think we would be as worried about him. 

There is/has been rumours that the club have been trying to figure out why he has suffered so many of these injuries since arriving and obviously knew his history before, so fingers crossed they can come up with something. Whether or not its hearsay or just generic BS who knows but I would think the club would be aware that there is maybe something deeper routed. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Look at what happened with Robben though. Was dogged with stupid injuries here as well as at Madrid, got over his injuries, got really fit at Bayern (ok still had a few issues towards the end of his career and maybe missed some games in a season but still) and became a proper world class player.

Theres no doubting the talent for sure, we’ve seen it, plus I always think about what happened with Arjen, I think hes worth the risk. If the other attackers weren’t doing so poorly nobody would be considering his place in the clubs long term plans I think. But because we were so reliant on him last season and probably would of been this season if he was fit, it makes the situation a bit more difficult. 

If Werner and Ziyech - would of put CHO in here but I think hes stepped up with Tuchel in patches and his lack of consistency is more to do with his overall development and Havertz also but hes still a kid although again you’d want more from him for the proce tag- had taken the load a bit and had produced much more, and we didnt look so void of ideas without him, I don’t think we would be as worried about him. 

There is/has been rumours that the club have been trying to figure out why he has suffered so many of these injuries since arriving and obviously knew his history before, so fingers crossed they can come up with something. Whether or not its hearsay or just generic BS who knows but I would think the club would be aware that there is maybe something deeper routed. 

At the risk of starting another debate of the quality of leagues, think it's easier for Bayern to get away with those injuries to Robben in the Bundesliga than we will with Pulisic in the Premier League.

We know the talent is there with Pulisic but given his injury record, it's debatable whether we can build the team around him or build the team with him being a key figure in the starting XI, because we can't keep having someone who plays 5 games, gets injured, misses 10 games and then takes I don't know 5-10 games to get back into some sort of form. 

I'm sure the club were aware of his injury record when they bought him and the physios etc are trying to figure out his injury problems but whether it's truly fixable is another question. Part of the reason why he was bought was also down to his nationality. Some players, unfortunately, are just injury prone in their career. If it can't be solved and he becomes like Robben, then we'll have the issues I mentioned above. 

Have we really looked devoid of ideas without Pulisic? I know we have been crap in the attacking third but I don't think it's gotten to the point where we can't make do without Pulisic. We have had good games this season under Tuchel and even Lampard without Pulisic playing. Let's not also forget that he played a lot of games from December till Lampard got the sack in January, for example, and nothing really changed then. And we were over reliant on Pulisic last season because he caught a purple patch and that Lampard started prioritizing short term results after the restart but I'd hate to see us being so reliant on one player again. 

And this is not an excuse, a praise or whatever but it's funny that Werner is not a creator and was bought to score goals but has more assists in all competitions than anyone in the team this season - 8 or 11, depending on whether you want to count penalties - while being the third highest goalscorer in the squad.