• Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

38 minutes ago, whats happening said:

can i ask why does sarri play emerson on the right wing instead of zappacosta? sometimes i seriously dont get our manager

Perhaps he wanted a left footed player to play on that side for a while? Currently we have no players there that can comfortably pass with their left foot and it makes that side (and the entire team) even more predictable and vulnerable. If not then I dont either have a clue why he put Emerson there

I believe someone posted a tweet that pointed the lack of left footers in this thread as well...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

True but those injuries are from his lack of rotation. Muscle injuries like hamstrings can be easily avoided if he rotates the players well. I'm not saying rotate the whole side but systematic rotation would have helped massively 

Very true. I wonder if Sarri will always continue to ignore the players outside of the core squad or will he start to rotate more frequently once he has the right players at his disposal and feels that all the players in the squad are extremely comfortable with his tactics. We don't really know the answer to this because at Napoli he didn't have the resources to build a squad full of quality players 

This is nothing like Conte-ball at all under Sarri. Second half of last season we would regularly allow even small teams to dominate the run of play for large stretches of games. We often had no clue whatsoever positionally. Under Sarri, the ball retention, the pressing, the winning of the ball back, and the positions our players take up to receive the ball and form passing triangles is miles better than it's ever been.

The problem is we have literally one player in attack that scares anyone. Giroud is a good backup option but when he starts like today and has two CB focused in on him it's very difficult. When Morata plays he's soft as butter. Willian scores once every 15 matches it feels like. Pedro is clinical when he gets a good sight at goal but that doesn't happen often enough. Both Kovacic and Barkley seem scared to shoot most of the time.

Compare this to Liverpool, City, Spuds, and even Arse who each have at least THREE attackers who teams worry about,

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

At the risk of being dragged into the whole 'Sarri needs time or the players don't suit his style' argument again, we are basically watching the same football this season that we saw under Conte (last season) and Mourinho. Dominate possession against the lesser sides, which we have tended to do as well under Conte and Mourinho, but offer very little going forward. We always relied on someone to do something out of nothing in the past and it's the same now again under Sarri. Yet to see any of the trademark Sarri-ball that we keep hearing so much about. The football feels so rigid and the players don't look like they are having 'fun'.

You are absolutely right. I know that it will take time changing the way we play. Certainly after two counter attacking manager in Conte and Mourinho. Although our offense still look lethargic but if you look at todays performance, the addition of jorginho actually improve our attacking performance compare to last season. His passing may not be the same level as fab but he can make pass to player between the lines. The problem many times if you watch from today's game when we get the ball in dangerous position, It turn into nothing. There is no partnership or connection between player.

Just watched how shaqiri connect really well with Salah, same with firmino with salah and mane. That is what we need, the problem is we have one star player, two old wingers, one striker who is on his way out and another striker who is kinda hopeless. I don't know what kind partnership that we need to build. I honestly hope that Kovacic and Hazard can build that relationship. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is nothing like Conte-ball at all under Sarri. Second half of last season we would regularly allow even small teams to dominate the run of play for large stretches of games. We often had no clue whatsoever positionally. Under Sarri, the ball retention, the pressing, the winning of the ball back, and the positions our players take up to receive the ball and form passing triangles is miles better than it's ever been.

Okay, I'll give you the one on ball retention but let's not act like we were hopeless in pressing, winning the ball back etc. We did those under Mourinho and Conte as well. And speaking of pressing, it's hardly been relentless, like say City or Liverpool, under Sarri. It's been minor so far and we still drop off without the ball like under Mourinho/Conte.

These days everything Sarri do seems to me like a wrong choice. Players will become unhappy under him sooner then later.. Ops some already are unhappy.. Roman will probably save him with couple of new additions but at the end of the day.. When the fans are not happy.... And people have already started to question him.. It’s just how it is... 

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

Hopefully, we will confirm this win by winning the next one at home. Which will be another 90 minutes of hell. Especially at home.

And now… January comes. SPLASH THE CASH!!

or sign someone on loan and hope it works