• Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

47 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Perhaps he wanted a left footed player to play on that side for a while? Currently we have no players there that can comfortably pass with their left foot and it makes that side (and the entire team) even more predictable and vulnerable. If not then I dont either have a clue why he put Emerson there

I believe someone posted a tweet that pointed the lack of left footers in this thread as well...

I really liked Emerson on the wing as a sub because he can break out of the press and did some great work creating space out of a tight defensive situations with his dribbling today adn also vs Watford. Also i think he wanted a player on that side to keep tabs on zaha. Emerson is really good in attack IMO just a bit shaky. in defence albeit no worse than jogging Alonso

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

The injuries are piling up...

stupid injury, all he had to to was stop the play, he was offside and still decided to shoot the ball, great finish btw but at what cost? Palace defender made a tackle and fucked Giroud up.

I may sound pessimistic but that performance was horrendous. Yes all that matters are the 3 points, but for the majority of the game we seemed clueless. Unable to penetrate opposition easily like other teams. We’re Chelsea the first and only London to have won the CL. There are certain expectations that needs to be met. Our objective this season is to get top 4 but there needs to be a complete overhaul of the team. Personally the players I’d get rid of are: Alonso, Morata, Giroud, Willian, Drinkwater. I’m torn on Ross Barkley, once in a while he puts in a decent performance, unfortunately most of the time he is bellow par. Any way happy new year every one. 

17 minutes ago, communicate said:

Higuain is 31. I don't think we need another short term option. 

Saw him yesterday against Spal. Scored one goal -alone, empty net- then missed a good chance or two. I reckon he 's better than Morata but not a great deal.

5 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Am I the only one thinking this was a game that Michy would have done well in? Maybe he can come back from Valencia and do a job for us for the second part of the season.

Lol...Michy that can't get anywhere near Valencia team....apparently on his way back.... We have no striker.... Let the board sign a quality OE clinical finisher not tossing between two or three shit strikers

22 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

I may sound pessimistic but that performance was horrendous. Yes all that matters are the 3 points, but for the majority of the game we seemed clueless. Unable to penetrate opposition easily like other teams. We’re Chelsea the first and only London to have won the CL. There are certain expectations that needs to be met. Our objective this season is to get top 4 but there needs to be a complete overhaul of the team. Personally the players I’d get rid of are: Alonso, Morata, Giroud, Willian, Drinkwater. I’m torn on Ross Barkley, once in a while he puts in a decent performance, unfortunately most of the time he is bellow par. Any way happy new year every one. 

£620m in actual concrete offers turned down last summer

That type of quid buys you a complete overhaul (including Mbappe and Icardi for £350m or so) plus other truly WC players. Listed it all out on The Board part of the forum. None of it is FM bullshit, all were real offers.

We will now end up losing well over £200-250m or more of that due to dithering board, AND end up with almost NONE of the targets I laid out.

Related image

Just now, Jason said:

Well, you said you can tell which way a game is gonna go by looking at the opening period...

You've taken that well out of context. I meant the pattern of the game is clear ie whether it will be a frustrating game where we create fuck all or an open game, not per se the result. For example it was evident early on against Liverpool the game plan was working well but against Spurs it, well, wasn't. In general the pattern of our game is often clear from the off which is the opposite to Conte's or Jose's era where we often would start well and suddenly turn shit mid way through the first half, or vice versa.

As for today, this will contradict my line at the top but i wasn't concerned really, i felt we were controlling the game and would grind them down sooner or later, which we did, felt the same vs Watford!

56 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

I'm sure Spurs + Arsenal would have taken a win over a "horrendous" lol performance (not considering palace took 7/9 last 3 games,nor a london derby, nor xmas period madness and away  lol is a wee bit of footie ignorance on your behalf imho )

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

stupid injury, all he had to to was stop the play, he was offside and still decided to shoot the ball, great finish btw but at what cost? Palace defender made a tackle and fucked Giroud up.

Think if it is bad, he wouldn't  have went to the bench after being subbed , modern day football players go out on crutches with a sprain ffs 

3 minutes ago, mccg said:

Think if it is bad, he wouldn't  have went to the bench after being subbed , modern day football players go out on crutches with a sprain ffs 

dont forget the oxygen masks, most players nowadays are too soft imho