Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

hes got insane reflexes thats for sure and also good agility, positioning, awareness and composure. Welcome to Chelsea Football Club Kepa, wish him all the best here and may he develop in to one of the top GKs in the world and also helps us win many more titles. KTBFFH Kepa and goodluck ;)

'KEPA WAS ALWAYS CHELSEA'S NO 1 CHOICE'

SSN reporter Kaveh Solhekol gives us the latest on Chelsea's world-record purchase of Kepa and more from Stamford Bridge.

"The two arrivals today means the Chelsea squad is now a bit unbalanced," he told SSN. "They now have nine central midfielders and we can expect some of them to be moved on.

"Meanwhile, Kepa has revealed that the first time Chelsea got in contact with him was when he got back from his holidays two weeks ago.

"Sources at Chelsea have told me he was always their No 1 choice and they also tried to sign him before. And Kepa said Chelsea made two bids for him this summer, but Bilbao rejected them."

3 hours ago, ZanSnake said:

'KEPA WAS ALWAYS CHELSEA'S NO 1 CHOICE'

SSN reporter Kaveh Solhekol gives us the latest on Chelsea's world-record purchase of Kepa and more from Stamford Bridge.

"The two arrivals today means the Chelsea squad is now a bit unbalanced," he told SSN. "They now have nine central midfielders and we can expect some of them to be moved on.

"Meanwhile, Kepa has revealed that the first time Chelsea got in contact with him was when he got back from his holidays two weeks ago.

"Sources at Chelsea have told me he was always their No 1 choice and they also tried to sign him before. And Kepa said Chelsea made two bids for him this summer, but Bilbao rejected them."

So we went and got our nr. 1 man whatever the cost, that's more like it :cig:Wonder if Alisson was our 2nd choice after Kepa, we bid but when we saw the money he went to Liverpool for, we went back to our first choice with a blank cheque and got him as the whole GK market circumstances had changed. The money was not that different and we approached the whole contract thing very smartly as well it seems.

Sarri said he is not better than Courtois at the moment (it's good, not putting any pressure on him), so we have to take his word for it. We really need to be patient with him when he inevitably goes through bad patches, and not be like pool fans sending death threats to Karius.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

he does look on the short side for goalkeepers. My personal preference is for taller GKs... no, it doesn't have to be courtois tall, but tall enough to dominate crosses and to reach those upper-top shots.

Just hope the club fully evaluated him and this is not what it looked like: a panic buy. 

I feel more nervous at corners and set pieces with Kepa compared to Tibo, this is more a compliment to how good Courtois is on set plays than any slight on Kepa but the corner that hit the post wouldn't have happened on the Belgiums watch. However distribution was another matter, we could pass the ball back to Kepa even under pressure and play kept on ticking over, Courtois would have panicked in half the situations Kepa was in today.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I feel more nervous at corners and set pieces with Kepa compared to Tibo, this is more a compliment to how good Courtois is on set plays than any slight on Kepa but the corner that hit the post wouldn't have happened on the Belgiums watch. However distribution was another matter, we could pass the ball back to Kepa even under pressure and play kept on ticking over, Courtois would have panicked in half the situations Kepa was in today.

Yeah, it's really weird seeing a smaller keeper in our net after watching Courtois for so long. I take comfort in the fact that DDG and Lloris have become world class in the PL despite being very slight. Kepa looks much more muscular than either of those two so I think he'll be fine.

Might run into trouble against a side like United who have lots of giants. Can definitely see Mourinho starting Fellaini against us to stand right next to Kepa on every set piece.