• Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

Of all the late starters, Kante is the most important in my opinion to start this game seeing how easily our midfield can be played through the press currently. This will obviously take some time to perfect and Kante as a result is more important than ever for the legs in midfield to track back. For all of Jorginho's abilities he's not the greatest in the defensive aspect.

If Sarri feels Hazard is ready play him too but I have a feeling he may be on the bench to come on for the last half hour and be readied instead for the Arsenal game.

The other key area for me to be cautious with is left back. If Sarri prefers Alonso over Emerson which he seems to at present, then for me Rudiger needs to play as the left sided centre back. We need our quickest defender on that side to cover Alonso. Luiz isn't as quick as he once was, and that City game (I know the other teams week in week out are not at that level) highlighted that Luiz and Alonso on that left side could hinder us a lot in the early part of this season if Sarri continues with them.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarri mentioned when the WC players came back we can afford 1-2 in the XI. It is the first game of the season, Hazard & Kante simply have to start for me. Hazard might even be playing his first game as Captain. Smash them early and take them off at 60-75 mins. Pedro has been our best (senior/CHO has been but plays left) attacker and plays the right side, I think he starts ahead of Willian. 

Prediction: 3-0 Chelsea.

Goals: Morata, Hazard, Barkley. 

I'm feeling optimistic! 

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Klopp would risk this (Alexander-Arnold), so I don't see why Sarri wouldn't risk it.

Because Klopp has had his system up and running 3 years now. Hes had time to fill his team with the players he thinks will suit him.

Sarri has had just over 3 weeks!

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Take the risk. CHO shouldn’t be benched or tossed aside because of his age.

Sarri is already taking a massive risk with Morata, so might as well with CHO.

Ive already said my starting line would be CHO  PEDRO  EDEN.

I think we'll start with:

------------------Kepa-----------------

Azp------Rüdi-------Luiz--------Alonso

---------------Jorginho---------------

-----Kante----------------Cesc-------

Pedro---------Morata-----------CHO

With Hazard and Willian coming off the bench in the second half.

Sarri said something in a interview the other day that the best way for players to get fit is in matches. So I wouldn't be surprised if he picks his 1st 11

The more they play as 1 team the quicker they will gel.

I would prefer Ampadu to Luiz. We dont need him to get lost and or lose his mark as we have already seen happen

18 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

Pretty sure it’s a popular opinion just folks are too shy to express it.

Based on preseason matches I think Ampadu is more ready than Christensen. Rudiger & Ampadu would be my pick for the match.

Christensen is our best CB, he will nail one of the starting CB position sooner or later. 

6 hours ago, Mana said:

Take the risk. CHO shouldn’t be benched or tossed aside because of his age.

Sarri is already taking a massive risk with Morata, so might as well with CHO.

It's not just his (young) age, which is certainly a consideration as it should be.

We just don't know how CHO will fare in the PL or are we comparing his performances in friendlies with Willian performances in the PL? (hardly a willian fan myself, but does not sound fair to me)

He's certainly a wonderful promise, but I'd be very surprised if this were his year to shine. You can literally count in one hand the players who could play an important role in professional football at the age of 17.

38 minutes ago, Mana said:

You're right, we don't know how well CHO will do in the PL. But how about we remove that uncertainly by actually playing him for a bit?

Look at Mbappe. I know Mbappe could be a one-off, but at least try. CHO came from an under Chelsea team that was winning things. 

As I said, this is Huddersfield. One of the perfect games CHO can get a run in. Let's see what he can do in the PL level and if we are in trouble, we can (sigh) sub him for Willian.

sure, I didn't say CHO shouldn't be involved at all, but starting games, esp away from home, can be pretty tough on yougsters. Would make a lot more sense for him to come in later on.

Mbappe is not a very good comparison imo. He's also a physical wonder at his age. He's just very powerful considering how skillful and nimble he is. As good as CHO is, don't think he's at that level.

We literally pay the likes of Willian to suffer through these tough away games. :) If the game becomes easier, or spaces open up that CHO can do something with, then perhaps Sarri will use him.

Kepa
Azpi Rudi Luiz Emerson
Kante Jorginho Barkley
Pedro Morata Hudson-Odoi

Pretty sure it will be Alonso but it would be much better with Emerson

I don't expect Kepa to start just yet and Alonso is a given right now.

I HAVE to be the lucky charm for us this year!!

I am half Swedish, half Bajan (Barbados)

Born a couple of miles from Stamford Bridge (the old Westminster Hospital, now the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital on Fulham Road)

look at my ethnicity's colours/flags and then our kits this year

7378125668_f90fa28057_b.jpg

szwecja-1.jpg798595_1.jpg

Image result for barbados flagImage result for barbados flag765480_1.jpg

Image result for chelsea away kits 2019chelsea-fc-2018-2019-nike-away-kit-4.jpgchelsea-fc-2018-2019-adidas-home-kit-7.j