• Giroud (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

22 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Courtois
Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger
Moses - Kante - Fabregas - Emerson
Willian - Giroud/Morata - Hazard

Go for it, press them high! 

No chance Emerson starts ahead of Alonso after a pretty sound performance in the game v Barca. Only change will be Pedro for Giroud or Morata. Would be stupid to change anything else.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

No chance Emerson starts ahead of Alonso after a pretty sound performance in the game v Barca. Only change will be Pedro for Giroud or Morata. Would be stupid to change anything else.

I agree, Alonso will start 100% but this is my "dream" team for tomorrow :) I also think Cahill will start instead of Rudiger ...

Cahill - Alonso on that left side against Valencia and Sanchez could be suicide tbh :( 

3 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

I agree, Alonso will start 100% but this is my "dream" team for tomorrow :) I also think Cahill will start instead of Rudiger ...

Cahill - Alonso on that left side against Valencia and Sanchez could be suicide tbh :( 

Na hopefully no Cahill. Defence was pretty solid against Barca, one poor mistake won't really affect Christensen I don't think, hes top class. Rudiger was also quite good that night, played some brilliant long diagonals to switch the play. Azpi is Azpi. No need to change that back 3 for this game. Can't see Conte being daft enough either to mix up his defence because in all reality its arguably the strongest part of our team. I would say that the GK, the defence and midfield picks itself based purely on the options we have available. 

We have a serious chance of winning against this United side tomorrow. After our near flawless game against Barca our spirit is high, whereas United fans are slowly growing impatient with Mourinho´s negative tactics and antics. If we can nullify the threat from Sanchez we should win under normal circumstances. 

I don't understand the overhyping of the Barcelona performance. "Nearly flawless", maybe this is our new level now. 25% possession and a 1-1 draw at home is far from flawless. This is a multimillion pound squad with a decade plus more of investment. Even Girona just went away to Barcelona and saw more of the ball than we did at home. 

Anyway, i'm hopeful for the match tomorrow but I won't be surprised if United boss the game and win. Mourinho and Conte will be a battle of who can use the ball less. 

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I don't understand the overhyping of the Barcelona performance. "Nearly flawless", maybe this is our new level now. 25% possession and a 1-1 draw at home is far from flawless. This is a multimillion pound squad with a decade plus more of investment. Even Girona just went away to Barcelona and saw more of the ball than we did at home. 

Anyway, i'm hopeful for the match tomorrow but I won't be surprised if United boss the game and win. Mourinho and Conte will be a battle of who can use the ball less. 

Who cares if we only had around a quarter of the possession? Possession means nothing if you don't do anything with it. Despite the difference in possession, we had more shots, the same number on target. Had Willian not hit the post twice, we would have scored three goals. And their goal came from a bad mistake, not from great buildup play. Fact is, the team was set up to give possession to Barcelona but not allow shot after shot, and they succeeded at that.

Remember 2015/16? We typically had more possession than our opponents, and look how well that worked out.

5 hours ago, LeonDavis23 said:

Lets just pray we aren't too far behind Spurs after we lose the next 2 games.

Theres nothing like a confident 'supporter' eh!!

If we use same starters as Barca but with Eden/Giroud/Willi top 3 it will be enough.

1c555dd7bd7b3ff16265e4df552c1fbd.jpg

Theyre still one of the teams that need to get smashed. Ever since my school days in London with massive lunch time fights, when half the kids supported Utd (because of Best, Law, Charlton ) and the other half supported Chelsea, up until the 90s when they thought they had a God given right to win everything - I fucking hate them.

Come on Chelsea !!

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Theyre still one of the teams that need to get smashed. Ever since my school days in London with massive lunch time fights, when half the kids supported Utd (because of Best, Law, Charlton ) and the other half supported Chelsea, up until the 90s when they thought they had a God given right to win everything - I fucking hate them.

Come on Chelsea !!

God I love that passion mate. Just wish the lads felt the same way we do.Had many a row with 'Cockney reds' bGot stabbed by a jock red from Corby at Filbert St when a couple of us used to go in with the away lot and shout Chelsea then hit the chaos button. Just one time it left me in stitches lol

12 hours ago, Footballover said:

Unbelievable it's 2018 and people still assess a footballing performance by possession stats...

Not to mention that possession based football is rather wishful thinking with this squad. We simply don´t have enough good passers in the team to play like Man City for example. We should do what we do best and this is counter attacking. 

Have that feeling this'll be a Mourinho special. Can see us being the better side, having lots of good chances to score without finishing, and then Rashford or Lingard will race through on one good counter attack near the end to win 1-0.

Also, my mood will immedietly turn sour if the XI comes out and I see Cahill starting. Watching him get tossed around by Lukaku or destroyed by the pace of Rashford/Martial/Lingard. Just please let it be Rüdiger.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Have that feeling this'll be a Mourinho special. Can see us being the better side, having lots of good chances to score without finishing, and then Rashford or Lingard will race through on one good counter attack near the end to win 1-0.

Also, my mood will immedietly turn sour if the XI comes out and I see Cahill starting. Watching him get tossed around by Lukaku or destroyed by the pace of Rashford/Martial/Lingard. Just please let it be Rüdiger.

the best thing about Mourinho specials is that they heavily rely on the opponent's wastefulness like in midweek where sevilla squandered like 8 clear cut chances. All we have to do to stop a game becoming a Mourinho special is to take our chances. Not our strength, admittedly; but we might have a lucky day from time to time.

13 hours ago, Footballover said:

Unbelievable it's 2018 and people still assess a footballing performance by possession stats...

Remember when Bayern killed Barca 4-0 at home in what was called the death of tiki taka? 36% possession.