• Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinkwater isn't really a surprise. With Baka out "injured" and Barkley not quite fit yet there's no way Cesc can start against Barca, both Manchester clubs and then Barca again. His legs need to be kept as fresh as possible.

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Courtois, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Moses, Alonso, Drinkwater, Kante, Willian, Hazard, Morata.

Subs: Caballero, Fabregas, Pedro, Giroud, Zappacosta, Cahill, Emerson.

Good team but I would have chosen Giroud instead for his physicality and link-up play since most likely we will be the one with the possession. Let's hope Morata finishes his chances today (there will be few I'm sure) and is able to link-up with Willian and Hazard. 

13 hours ago, Footballover said:

Unbelievable it's 2018 and people still assess a footballing performance by possession stats...

Excalibur's got a point though about the overhyping. Defensively we were great but we really weren't good going forward. Not suprising considering we sacrificed some of our attacking strenght to get stronger defensively.

The goal and the 2 shots against the post were all three long range shots. We didn't have any clear cut chances. People really need to snap out of this notion that the performance against Barcelona was great all around. 

1-1 isn't a good result for us. They have the away goal. We have to score to go through. If we want to go through we're gonna have to attack them. To do that we're gonna need the freaking ball and an actual striker.

Shame about Giroud as I think hes the more inform and is Morata fit? And can always bring Cescy on in 2nd half.

Hoping to see the wee baldy man in action. And seeing mou blow up at Pogba and Lukaku.

On a side note i see Barcas Semedo pulled a hamstring and was expected to start against us in 2nd leg but will be out at least 6 weeks.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

God I love that passion mate. Just wish the lads felt the same way we do.Had many a row with 'Cockney reds' bGot stabbed by a jock red from Corby at Filbert St when a couple of us used to go in with the away lot and shout Chelsea then hit the chaos button. Just one time it left me in stitches lol

UJ you seem to have led a very full and interesting life ! What year was that at Filbert street mate ? I was there in 78 and that was one massive tear up from about 11 am till 7 pm. Absolute madness

11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

"Man of the moment"

"Time to shine"

"Paul selected"

The media focusing solely on Pogba.

Hopefully theyll focus on him after for not any of those reasons... Though anyone poor or with a point  seems to somehow score against us.. 

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

UJ you seem to have led a very full and interesting life ! What year was that at Filbert street mate ? I was there in 78 and that was one massive tear up from about 11 am till 7 pm. Absolute madness

When everyone was wearing those daft long white workmens coats and baggy white Skinner jeans and Noddy holder type hats after Clockwork Orange came out. Wasn't my thing but some of the guys wore it well. I remember a couple of lads used to follow us from Charlton who were always completely smashed and they had the eye lashes,jock straps,21 hole DMs skin tight white levis and red braces. Always thought they looked good. so prob 71/72. prob a few years older than you FB and feeling it for 1st time :(

All those little side streets were a maze but got to know some of their lads on the Northern scene. One still runs the 6T's niters at 100 Club.

How the hell are we going to have months of slander towards Conte re: who he does/doesn't pick, then when he drops Cahill vs. Barcelona and United, just post the same old dross? 

Re: our central defence - :getin:
Re: our midfield - :dunno:
Re: our forwards - :chai: