• Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Why ?

If I were Valverde I'll be happy with 1-1 not if I were Conte.

1-1 at home is not the worst result but not a positive result at all.

Why ... because we arent really flying off late ... when the likes of Bouremouth and Watford can hit us with more than 3 goals ... the elite strike force of Barca can easily create havoc in our ranks. 

As said "I" would take that result not Conte :) ... everyone wants a good positive result at home but for that you need to be checking all boxes which we havent recently. 

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I meant a win :) ... 

2 strikers could just catch Barca by surprise and might push them behind. Anyways it's just a thought. 

i understand, it could work tough, but i just dont see it happening

Tibot will be asked to pay for the price of a ticket.
At Camp Nou we pick up where we left.
Conte's system described here as  "lau - lau emeis oi vlachoi" -someone who knows Greek translate this please in proper English- I think might just work.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Ray Wilkins mouthing off on Talksport this morning saying the atmosphere was rubbish and we weren't much better.

Does anyone even take Wilkins seriously? Not only him though. Those idiotic pundits on ESPN FC spent a good 10 minutes moaning about Conte's decision to go with the false 9. Steve Nicol said we were lucky that it worked against Barcelona and Craig Burley even said Pedro was ineffective! Not one word about the performance from us or even Barcelona's pathetic showing. :doh:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Does anyone even take Wilkins seriously? Not only him though. Those idiotic pundits on ESPN FC spent a good 10 minutes moaning about Conte's decision to go with the false 9. Steve Nicol said we were lucky that it worked against Barcelona and Craig Burley even said Pedro was ineffective! Not one word about the performance from us or even Barcelona's pathetic showing. :doh:

But this is what I was saying earlier. Last night was the first time in a long time I hadn't watched a Chelsea match, to a point I saw no highlights so I couldn't even give an opinion against what they were saying.

The gulf in comparisons from one pundit to the other was confusingly massive and really hard to understand just how exactly we played. It really shouldn't be that hard.

8 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Fuck mate.

Yeah i was critical of this home leg, but warmed to the match, i thought we were really good, and desperately unlucky not to win the game.

What about a bit more positive approach from you, never say never bud, we are CFC it aint over til the fat lady sings, if we go there with your defeatist attitude then we are truly done for.

KTBFFH

First, I am not playing, so however I might feel is very unlikely to affect the outcome of the game. ;)

Second, 1x1 in the first leg at home against strong opposition is never ever a good result. I find it intriguing that folks here are so positive.

Of course we have a chance, but it's just not a very good one.

BTW, it's NOT bad luck when you play zero strikers, and as a result, have a harder time scoring goals...

Chels defended well but were stale offensively. Yes, certain players made some nice runs with the ball, and we also some saw some nice flicks here and there, but it ended up in nothing. Mostly sideway passes when the team actually enjoyed some possession and time on the ball in attacking third. The ability to stretch their defence and deliver the final pass was lacking.

Barca pushed Chels all the way back so whenever the ball was regained, the forwards had way too much to do to cause any real danger. Did Ter Stegen even make a save? Willian's right foot was redhot but players usually don't score hattricks with three difficult shots. Of course he was unlucky to hit the post twice.

Conte not fielding a striker played into this. No target to aim for, no one keeping the defence busy with runs and physical tussles, not one player constantly looking to get into dangerous positions.

The defending was good. Pressing was good at times and concentration levels were very good (easier when you defend in numbers and always enjoy cover of course). Barca didn't look like scoring after 20-25 min. Then Christensen happened. Nonchalance again. Stupid pass.

Think Chels did well but I feel a genuine opportunity was missed here. Barca displayed vulnerability and Conte failed to react. How did he not bring on a striker? I was waiting for a Morata half time sub. The moment was there to sacrifice a bit of defensive solidity and add firepower. A goalscorer.

1-1 is a tough score, not gonna lie. Camp Nou is a different story and you know Barca will score. Need to limit them to a single goal and find another way to score. Don't think Willian will be able to replicate those level of shots again. Odds aren't favourable but another 1-1 is possible. Maybe beat them on pens. A win there is just so unlikely.

5 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Chels defended well but were stale offensively. Yes, certain players made some nice runs with the ball, and we also some saw some nice flicks here and there, but it ended up in nothing. Mostly sideway passes when actually enjoyed some possession and time on the ball in attacking third. The ability to stretch the defence and final pass was lacking.

Barca pushed Chels all the way back so whenever the ball was regained, the forwards had way too much to do to cause any real danger. Did Ter Stegen even make a save? Willian's right foot was hot but players usually don't score hattricks with three difficult shots. Of course he was unlucky to hit the post twice.

Conte not fielding a striker played into this. No target to aim for, no one keeping the defence busy with runs and physical tussles, not one player constantly looking to get into dangerous positions.

The defending was good. Pressing was good at times and concentration levels were very good (easier when you defend in numbers and always enjoy cover of course). Barca didn't look like scoring after 20-25 min. Then Christensen happened. Nonchalance again. Stupid pass.

Think Chels did well but I feel a genuine opportunity was missed here. Barca displayed vulnerability and Conte failed to react. How did he not bring on a striker? I was waiting for a Morata half time sub. The moment was there to sacrifice a bit of defensive solidity and add firepower. A goalscorer.

1-1 is a tough score, not gonna lie. Camp Nou is different story and you know Barca will score. Need to limit them to a single goal and find another way to score. Don't think Willian will be able to replicate those level of shots again. Odds aren't favourable but another 1-1 is possible. Maybe beat them on pens. A win there is just so unlikely.

If it goes to pens, given Caballero's record, do we pull a LVG and switch the keepers?

35 minutes ago, DYC. said:

That would make amazing television.

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If it goes to pens, given Caballero's record, do we pull a LVG and switch the keepers?

Should do that as a F U to Courtois for not signing a new contract. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I think they are right we are lucky. That formation is hot and cold. 

If they can produce something similar or better at the Camp Nou then you can say something. 

Otherwise it was another Atletico performance where even Baka was amazing! 

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think they are right we are lucky. That formation is hot and cold. 

If they can produce something similar or better at the Camp Nou then you can say something. 

Otherwise it was another Atletico performance where even Baka was amazing! 

Baka was very good upto and including that game, whats happened since with him is truly bizarre. 

Perfect tactical game, its just shame we did that mistake for the Messi goal.

Again, we will be big underdogs at Camp Nou, but if we put up the same desire and mentality like yesterday, it will give Barca a run. 

We have to score, but more space will be perfect for barca. It will be tough game and we will have to take every chance we make. 

The good thing we have is Barca has no idea how will we lineup. Striker or false 9? 3 or 2 in midfield? That could make Barca bit confused at the back, but they will play their game and keep possesion/attack. We will have to be at our best to advantage. Clinical.