• Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need something to sum up the game, it's Conte's reaction to Messi's goal. Worked hard and restricted Barcelona all game. Made one stupid mistake (CHRISTENSEN! :rant:) and it's all gone to pots. Was important not to lose but the 1-1 is a shit result. Better off with 0-0 than a score draw.  Likely have to score at least two goals at the Camp Nou to win the tie now.

Just now, Jason said:

If you need something to sum up the game, it's Conte's reaction to Messi's goal. Worked hard and restricted Barcelona all game. Made one stupid mistake (CHRISTENSEN! :rant:) and it's all gone to pots. Was important not to lose but the 1-1 is a shit result. Better off with a score draw.  Likely have to score at least two goals at the Camp Nou to win the tie now.

Christensen made another one in the first half - the giveaway corner.

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

WOW 2 mistakes against Barca....for a guy whos only in his early 20s he has been fucking fantastic this season. Fuck the people who are counting his every mistake.

Really happy with this performance. 

You know, I'm gutted but still proud. Messi was reduced to 2 chipped  balls into the box and only one was a good chance.

Let' remember where we are. Comfortably beaten by Bournemouth and Watford. Someone mentioned Barca were walking around like it was a training game. They were standing still cos they had no clue how to make a fucking chance. Simeone will be looking at that say 'Barca controlled the ball but Chelsea controlled the space' 

I think we need Giroud away. Have Hazard take Pedro's position. Morata is fucking useless. 

Their goal felt like a gut punch. 

Cant be too upset considering Barca's only goal came from a mistake from us. None of us expected it to be so close. We're not out of this yet. No way can we play with the false 9 at the Camp Nou, though. They wouldn't have been expecting it today but will be ready for it next time.

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Let's be honest though, Barcelona were really poor. They're lucky they weren't playing Liverpool/Man City tonight or it could have been ugly.

Barcelona played poor only because Chelsea didn't let them do what they can do best. Determination on max from all our players and fighting for every ball, exactly what is needed in this kind of matches. I am really proud from the boys, good match from all of them and from Conte, shame some of the fans called off the game when they saw the false 9 formation.
Really stupid mistake and we gifted them such a crucial goal, from nothing. Really a big shame and I am sure players will be disappointed from that after such a solid performances.
Hope the luck will be with Chelsea in the second leg!

i dont know, i didnt really expect us to go trough but i knew this barca is not anything special. in the last years form we would beat them easily.

loved the aproach boys had tonight, replicate it for the second leg and i will be satisfied even if we lose.

7 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Indeed. He's been solid for most of the season but has made some costly errors in the Champions League - the home game vs Roma comes to mind.

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

i dont know, i didnt really expect us to go trough but i knew this barca is not anything special. in the last years form we would beat them easily.

loved the aproach boys had tonight, replicate it for the second leg and i will be satisfied even if we lose.

No doubt we beat them with Costa in this side.