Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

How much did their last trophy cost?

Doesn't matter as long as they shape up the squad for the next 10 years, at some point they will be fighting for the title each season with real chances if they continue to make such transfers. Lemar and Keita are destined to be great players, potential world class players actually. VVD linked to them as well. 

Just now, Georgy said:

Doesn't matter as long as they shape up the squad for the next 10 years, at some point they will be fighting for the title each season with real chances if they continue to make such transfers. Lemar and Keita are destined to be great players, potential world class players actually. VVD linked to them as well. 

Doesn't matter? Of course it matters, this is a club that is constantly talking about history yet winning nothing on the contrary. 

Chelsea are lambasted for the revolving door policy of managers but what we do, do right is form a group and a winning mentality, Liverpool form a nice neat bunch with a club that are so well liked.

Believe it or not we are building, we are just building as well as winning things, that's the difference.

54 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Every eventuality needs to be considered like you said. Suspensions, injuries and not only that but form, it's a massive season game wise compared to last seasons campaign.

He will be needed.

Not just this but conte may see him as a fit for particular games. For example if bakayoko or kante is injured away to city, conte may feel that drinkwater is a more solid option instead of fabregas.

Or home to Brighton and fabregas isn't available he may be seen as someone more comfortable on the ball than kante.

With the volume of games next month and beyond it's ridiculous to not think that four central midfielders isn't necessary.

Liverpool got one of the hottest prospect in football. Meanwhile were getting Drinkwater..
But didn't we also get Bakayoko as one of the hottest prospect in football? And besides we must boost homegrown quota asap.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Signing a 22-year-old Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco's title winning side or 24-year-old Alvaro Morata from back-to-back CL winners Real Madrid wasn't shaping up the squad to fight for titles in the long-term? Antonio Rüdiger, aged 24, doesn't look like a bad player either and the 24-yo Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is also likely to join and personally I think he'd be a wonderful addition to the squad. Oh, and then there's also Andreas Christensen who's barely passed his teenage years and is looking like a prominent member of the squad now after being integrated into the team over the summer. 

Lemar and VVD I really don't believe Liverpool will even get and while Keita seems a cracking player who will improve them once he actually joins them next year, we simply can't get them all ffs. So far Liverpool have failed massively in this transfer window having signed only Salah and that neverheard left-back from Hull so after finishing in fourth place last year it's pretty fucking obvious that they'll need more additions to even have a shot at competing for the title, and that's why they get linked to exciting first team players now whereas Chelsea completed the most important signings Morata and Bakayoko earlier in the summer so at this moment all that's needed is signing some squad depth.

Liverpool are also potentially losing their single most important player from last season in Philippe Coutinho and pretty much guaranteed to lose one of their key midfielders Emre Can next year on a free transfer to Juventus because that's what kind of a club Liverpool are for the players, a mere stepping stone to be used to make it to the big time clubs. At least in Chelsea players join to actually win trophies, not to use the club as a shopping window for eventually getting a move to a club where they can win titles. 

Also I would argue that last season's title winning team at Chelsea is already a really young bunch of exciting players with pretty much all key members being aged 26 at most and apart from Cesc, Cahill, Luiz, Pedro and Willian no players in the team have even reached their peak years as players yet. Still some people find reasons to complain, a great example of the good old 'grass is always greener' mentality. 

Don't get me wrong I'm sure were building as well while also trying to win titles, I'm just arguing the fact Liverpool learned from transfering all the Lamberts and Balotellis of this world and now are much improved on what they need to target and obtain.

When did we last have a complete midfielder excluding Lampard?

I'm very sure Bakayoko is more suited in our system compared to Keita but the latter is definitely a more complete player and goes for a fee of 70 which in this market is a bargain.

Regarding Drinkwater, he was absolute wank last season, I'm confident no Top 6 team would try to purchase him if they didn't were so desperate.

The only good thing about this is we will surely find a sucker team in 1-2 years to offload him while also obtaining a decent fee as he is English.

3 hours ago, Dingus said:

He's approaching the peak years of his career.

Why would someone at that point in their career be happy with a place on the bench or a smaller role than he currently has at Leicester?

Can someone please answer this for me please without having to resort to saying that we need squad players....

He epitomises mediocrity and the complete reverse of player we should be going for and no-one here is going to convince me otherwise.

More money, Champions League, chance to train and play with world class players and manager, much higher chance of racking up trophies. Normally when a big club comes calling for such mediocre players, they know it's a once in a lifetime chance for them and they take it for those reasons.

I don't understand why Drinkwater is being compared to Keita at all. Or Liverpool's transfer activity with ours. 

People just complain about everything. We don't sign players, they complain. We sign players. They complain. We sign backups, they complain.

Why is it so difficult to understand for people here that Drinkwater probably would be 4th choice mid and Keita will play in week in and out from next season? 

Also, why do people casually ignore the fact that our best player is aiming more titles with us, while Liverpool's best player is sulking so much for not being allowed to leave that he has a back problem due to it?

Seriously doubt some members' IQ here.

42 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

I don't understand why Drinkwater is being compared to Keita at all. Or Liverpool's transfer activity with ours. 

People just complain about everything. We don't sign players, they complain. We sign players. They complain. We sign backups, they complain.

Why is it so difficult to understand for people here that Drinkwater probably would be 4th choice mid and Keita will play in week in and out from next season? 

Also, why do people casually ignore the fact that our best player is aiming more titles with us, while Liverpool's best player is sulking so much for not being allowed to leave that he has a back problem due to it?

Seriously doubt some members' IQ here.

(Our best player) still needs to sign a new deal...

10 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Bet you said the same about Alonso....now he is your avatar. CRAZY!

Every time I see that avatar pic, I can't help wondering how the family of the poor girl who died in that accident must feel. Of course Marcos should not be expected to stop his life, but pain like that family suffered never goes away and an image like that is bound to set off a feeling of deep and tragic injustice.

9 hours ago, Dingus said:

He's approaching the peak years of his career.

Why would someone at that point in their career be happy with a place on the bench or a smaller role than he currently has at Leicester?

Can someone please answer this for me please without having to resort to saying that we need squad players....

He epitomises mediocrity and the complete reverse of player we should be going for and no-one here is going to convince me otherwise.

Answer your question without mentioning squad depth? It would be extremely impressive if someone could answer by mentioning it. How is Chelsea's need for squad players ever going to be an answer to a question about Danny Drikwater's motives? Our need for squad reinforcements explains why we might want to sign Drinkwater, but it's never going to be an explanation of why he would want to join us. Think you've confused yourself there for a minute.

You say Drinkwater is the complete reverse of the type of player we should sign. It would be interesting to see your filtered list of the players we should recruit for that role. Filtered first by removing any names we can't attract and second by purging any players who would not accept the possibility of being fourth on the depth chart. It would then be fun to debate which of the players remaining on your list are better than Drinkwater.

Drinkwater is no Naby Kaita but I think he's a better player than you give him credit for. I can't convince you of that, but Danny Drinkwater probably will.

I fully understand that your real point is we should be shopping for a starting player whose quality meets with your approval. For whatever reason the club has gone for Bakayoko to fill that need. By all means criticise the club if you think that is a bad decision, but don't let it cloud your judgement of what Drinkwater can do as a fourth, or even fifth, choice CM. Your posts in this thread do read as if that is what you are doing. 

It's not about how good DD is as a starter, but his ability compared to squad status. 
Kante goes ahead of him, Bakayoko goes ahead of him and in certain games Cesc will be ahead of him. Is DD good enough to be a fourth choice? Yes, he is. 
When we have games against lower league teams, or if we secure an early progress in the CL, then we will need someone to play those games that we can afford to lose to injury. 
DD is basically an insurance policy to keep our best CM players fit and fresh, and it is a good signing for that.

Bakayoko - Kante is going to be a great midfield pairing, so we need to do everything we can to increase the chance that they can play together when it really matters.