Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

27 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Because we fucked up and have no one else to come instead of him.

The state of some people :lol::lol: 

Drinkwater has been the only midfield target for the club for over a month now, which option do you consider to be the more likely reason for that:

1) The club and Conte really want Danny Drinkwater and think he'd be a good fit for what the squad needs?

2) The club and Conte are all completely clueless who have zero football knowledge and Danny Drinkwater is literally the only name to have popped into their minds throughout the summer on their search for a new midfielder and they thought 'Oh what the hell YOLO let's get him'?

1 minute ago, Cosmin said:

Different windows, different markets.

Not really. Kante had a release clause. We also paid a premium to make sure no one else takes him, similar to what Liverpool have done with Naby Keita.

35 minutes ago, Dingus said:

So what you're basically saying is that we're going to sign Drinkwater from Leicester to be this "4th choice bench option", only to get rid of him in a couple of years time to a team like Leicester because he's struggling for gametime?

Remind me why we're potentially signing him again......?

No that is not what I said and that wouldn't be the clubs plan. I'm saying it from the likely point of view of the player that he feels it is the best stage of his career to see if he has what it takes to play for a top club at the highest level. However if the move wasn't to work out for him, he is still at an age where he could easily get a new club in a couple of years time still playing to a solid standard in the league.

I can understand reservations, but some players kick on and improve upon joining a top club and playing alongside top players. Chelsea have had a number through the years. Cahill is an obvious example in the current team.

Yes there are plenty that don't and that is the risk you take. At least with Drinkwater, he was a big part of Leicester winning the league 2 seasons ago and played Champions League football last season so there is some experience of playing at that top level.

5 hours ago, Jype said:

The state of some people :lol::lol: 

Drinkwater has been the only midfield target for the club for over a month now, which option do you consider to be the more likely reason for that:

1) The club and Conte really want Danny Drinkwater and think he'd be a good fit for what the squad needs?

2) The club and Conte are all completely clueless who have zero football knowledge and Danny Drinkwater is literally the only name to have popped into their minds throughout the summer on their search for a new midfielder and they thought 'Oh what the hell YOLO let's get him'?

Those comments are startting to get irrritating as fuck for some reason. Since when does a board signing mean Conte also wants him? I'm pretty sure he would want Fabinho 10/10 over Drinkwater at the same price more or less.

Some are talking like it's out of the moon for the board to do something without carring about the manager's opinion, look no further than the last 3 summers.

Just now, Georgy said:

Those comments are startting to get irrritating as fuck for some reason. Since when the fuck does a board signing mean Conte also wants him? I'm pretty sure he would want Fabinho 10/10 over Drinkwater at the same price more or less.

Do you understand what "squad player" means? Fabinho would not sit on our bench. Who will he replace? Kante or Bakayoko wont sit on the bench. So pipe down.

Just now, Georgy said:

Those comments are startting to get irrritating as fuck for some reason. Since when the fuck does a board signing mean Conte also wants him? I'm pretty sure he would want Fabinho 10/10 over Drinkwater at the same price more or less.

I've seen enough evidence to suggest Drinkwater is in fact a player Conte himself wants. He did thorough scouting of Kante from 15/16 season and Drinkwater caught his eye in those same games, or do you think Kante was a board signing too and not a player Conte wanted because he was from Leicester? 

It's been pretty widely reported that Conte even wanted to bring in Drinkwater as early as last year but Leicester wouldn't so much as consider the sale after already losing Kante in the same transfer window and them having their once-in-a-lifetime CL campaign to look forward to but now there's a chance so the interest has been re-ignited.

And yeah, like @Polo7 said I doubt Fabinho would come in to play the same role intended for Drinkwater. Of course managers would always prefer to have a squad of 25 world class players but in the real world that's rarely achievable.

11 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Do you understand what "squad player" means? Fabinho would not sit on our bench. Who will he replace? Kante or Bakayoko wont sit on the bench. So pipe down.

Neither would a Top club have Drinkwater as a squad player. The state of our fanbase is ridiculous. If Kante or Bakayoko gets injured and we need to start Drinkwater, good luck getting a result against any top team in Europe.

I don't give a fuck if he makes up the numbers for our squad, the moment we need to use him he won't help us.

Most of the Top teams have better bench options than Drinkwater could ever hope to be. What exactly does Drinkwater have that Baker, Pasalic, Ruben didn't? Waste of money any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Neither would a Top club have Drinkwater as a squad player. The state of our fanbase is ridiculous. If Kante or Bakayoko gets injured and we need to start Drinkwater, good luck getting a result against any top team in Europe.

I don't give a fuck if he makes up the numbers for our squad, the moment we need to use him he won't help us.

Most of the Top teams have better bench options than Drinkwater could ever hope to be. What exactly does Drinkwater have that Baker, Pasalic, Ruben didn't? Waste of money any day of the week.

Because City doesnt have Delph, because Liverpool doesnt have Milner, because United doesnt have Felaini. Your full of shit mate. Be quiet.

11 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Just give him a chance. I'm not a fan of this signing either, but it is what it is and he deserves a chance before being bashed.

8 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Because City doesnt have Delph, because Liverpool doesnt have Milner, because United doesnt have Felaini. Your full of shit mate. Be quiet.

Delph  As what 6th option? 

Liverpool are buying Ox likely going to be downgraded to 5th option.

Felaini for how much shit he is getting from his own fans is still above Drinkwater.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Just give him a chance. I'm not a fan of this signing either, but it is what it is and he deserves a chance before being bashed.

Of course if he signs I will support him, since I want my team to win and compete.

I would take drinkwater above fellaini any day personally... Also, we've had a so-so mikel as midfield backup for almost a decade, it didn't stop us from winning all the available trophies... Not saying I love this signing but at least he's had a very good year with kante and they play well together