Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

35 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:
Not perfect but probably best solution for us next season if we can't buy players.

We have Michy and Tammy out on loan. I'd rather have them any day.

He’s really a tier or two above those two imo. Not because morara is great but because those two are not really good footballers. Tammy still has time to improve, but does not look promising I must say.

while I agree with @Superblue_1986 that Morata is likely going to flop again, I don’t think we have much of a choice.

he’s imo a lot better than the two strikers we got. Still he does not want to be here and does not have any to do the work, so only so much we can do.

6 hours ago, Robchels said:

He’s really a tier or two above those two imo. Not because morara is great but because those two are not really good footballers. Tammy still has time to improve, but does not look promising I must say.

while I agree with @Superblue_1986 that Morata is likely going to flop again, I don’t think we have much of a choice.

he’s imo a lot better than the two strikers we got. Still he does not want to be here and does not have any to do the work, so only so much we can do.

I always wondered if Batshuayi had been given a fair crack, especially after his short period at Dortmund. However since then it's become even more apparent how incredibly limited he is.

I'd agree with your assessment on Tammy, he doesn't quite offer enough at present. However I do think his goal scoring record this season potentially justifies giving him a chance next season when we're so thin up top. 

Morata is easily our most talented striker but it just goes to show how important the right mentality, confidence, etc is needed to go with the technical ability. If his head isn't right, at times we might as well have been playing with 10 men and now he's settled and happy with Atletico I can only see this situation being worse if we brought him back. 

It's incredible that Giroud could find himself undisputed first choice next season but that's what we may have to prepare for. At least with Giroud you know what you will get and he will fight and give 100% every game. He's also an excellent link player and target man. We will need to rely on (1) wingers and midfielders running beyond him and getting goals, and (2) good crosses from wide positions and it could still work well. Unfortunately with the exception of Hazard's link up play with Giroud we currently don't do either of the above particularly well and will need to be worked on a lot this summer.

Just now, Jason said:

Will still be better than Higuain regardless.

Probably but still will annoy a majority of the forum haha. Unfortunately his good start never continued because there is a player in there but no idea why he couldnt do it for us consistently. 

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say, due to the bans, bring him back

he has scored 15 goals (9 for us) in only 2/3rds of a full season's minutes

flame away,but between the 5 strikers we have, he is the best (we are so fucked) unless Tammy has a big EPL breakthrough, which I doubt

• 5 weeks later...

Alvaro Morata is hoping to complete a permanent move to Atletico Madrid after saying he does not feel "appreciated or loved" by Chelsea.

"I had lost confidence in myself previously. I was very upset by the opinion of the people in England. I think they caught me in the middle of everything," said the 26-year-old.

"I didn't quite feel loved or appreciated by the club or the fans."

Too soft mentally. Even at Atletico it will get tough if he goes on a barren run. Its odd the guy has shown he has great ability when he plays confidently but hasnt got the right mentality which is more important in football. Was Conte's tactics fault first and now the fans and medias fault.... toughen up man. 

It's difficult to be too critical of him because my wife suffers from mental health and in something as tribal and passionate as football, it's awareness and effects are largely ignored and/or forgotten. 

What I would say is there are clearly problems there from a mental perspective and in that case he needs to be where he is happiest. I was always adamant that bringing him back despite the ban just wouldn't work because he clearly doesn't want to be here and that's even more true now. Morata is a classic example of just how important the mentality of a footballer is to be successful, not just natural talent.

Hopefully Atletico grant his wish and buy him. If we can recoup anywhere near his original transfer fee (even within £10m) then we will have done well and can move on.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's difficult to be too critical of him because my wife suffers from mental health and in something as tribal and passionate as football, it's awareness and effects are largely ignored and/or forgotten. 

What I would say is there are clearly problems there from a mental perspective and in that case he needs to be where he is happiest. I was always adamant that bringing him back despite the ban just wouldn't work because he clearly doesn't want to be here and that's even more true now. Morata is a classic example of just how important the mentality of a footballer is to be successful, not just natural talent.

Hopefully Atletico grant his wish and buy him. If we can recoup anywhere near his original transfer fee (even within £10m) then we will have done well and can move on.

Agree on all counts

On 07/06/2019 at 11:36 AM, Special Juan said:

Never ever warmed to this bloke, mentally weak as fuck and has a heart like a pea.

Bog average footballer.

Lol he lies on the ground more times than he stood up on the pitch  FFS a 57 year old Kerry Dixon is better finisher than morata 

4 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Armed robbers raid Alvaro Morata's home while his wife and children are inside

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/armed-robbers-raid-alvaro-moratas-16487038

so glad no one was hurt, wow

:(