Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

3 hours ago, communicate said:

Nah. We had Sheva and Torres both came with much higher pedigree than Morata. Both failed

OK Torres might be similar to Morata as he didn't reach the levels we wanted him to but I unlike some remember the good things that players do for us as well as the shite.

And Torres gave us some needed goals.

He was another player looking back with hindsight that the clues were already there before we bought him that he wasn't firing on all cylinders.  Even the scouse gits were laughing at us when we bought him

Like Bakayoko, we've all seen that he simply doesn't fit here but hopefully continues to play well and score goals at Atletico as it means maximising our returns on a big money signing that failed to impress here.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Like Bakayoko, we've all seen that he simply doesn't fit here but hopefully continues to play well and score goals at Atletico as it means maximising our returns on a big money signing that failed to impress here.

While agreeing with the sentiment, I find it hard to compare Morata with Bakayoko. While Morata had a great start, had good games, and important goals at some point, Bakayoko never really player at a normal level at Chelsea. It felt like Morata was "only" a couple of tweaks from making it here, while Bakayoko was never really that close.

9 hours ago, Robchels said:

While agreeing with the sentiment, I find it hard to compare Morata with Bakayoko. While Morata had a great start, had good games, and important goals at some point, Bakayoko never really player at a normal level at Chelsea. It felt like Morata was "only" a couple of tweaks from making it here, while Bakayoko was never really that close.

The problem with Morata was mental fragility which is something he cant be taught. Unfortunately if he doesn't have the motivation and desire to succeed at Chelsea and in England it becomes a pointless exercise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not perfect but probably best solution for us next season if we can't buy players.

I don't see any positives to that if it were to happen. Morata clearly doesn't want to be here, hasn't settled in England and has such a fragile mentality.

Bringing him back will do more harm to him as a player and if he's unmotivated and unhappy I can't see us getting much out of him.

He's been a really poor signing and, like Bakayoko, we look to be in a position where we could get really lucky and potentially get our money back on him. He seems to be doing well enough at Atletico that they will likely look to buy him inside his loan period so I think we should just leave him there and hopefully recoup on him in the coming season. 

If the ban stands we will be in a pretty rough position but I would take Giroud over Morata every day of the week.