Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

51 minutes ago, mccg said:

Torres, Costa, Eto'o and Morata - Departing star the latest to fail post-Drogba

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/torres-costa-etoo-and-morata-departing-star-latest-fail-post-drogba

On what planet were Costa and Eto'o failures? The whole talk about our striker curse has gotten so absurd that players are now labeled as failures regardless of how they play.

Yes, Torres was terrible but at least he had the tendency to score important goals in big games (semi against Barca, Europa League final etc.). and I believe that would have scored A LOT more goals if he was playing under Conte or Sarri and with the squad we have today. The only true failure has been Morata.

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

I've liked it for the Eto'o and Costa bit but I couldn't disagree more with Torres,all things considered he's our worse signing in the modern era.

have to agree

he was an otherwordly type of shite:(

16 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

On what planet were Costa and Eto'o failures? The whole talk about our striker curse has gotten so absurd that players are now labeled as failures regardless of how they play.

Yes, Torres was terrible but at least he had the tendency to score important goals in big games (semi against Barca, Europa League final etc.). and I believe that would have scored A LOT more goals if he was playing under Conte or Sarri and with the squad we have today. The only true failure has been Morata.

I agree mate.

It always cracks me up at how peeps can look back at times,players etc with very selective memories,

Looking back with whatever point of view that you have already concluded about them and see just those views that help your point of view abd ignore the rest.

Torres never reached those levels where we needed him to reach and in hindsight if we had looed at him seriously we shoudn't have bought him. But  nobody can say he didn't give us some very important goals at the time.

Barca in that 2nd leg of the  CFL Semi. We parked 2 double decker buses that night but watching Torres score so late sent us all crazy and shut Pep the fuck up.

And gave  Nevill the best orgasm hes ever had!

I remember the good things too.

And I'd probably take that Torres over Morata,