• Kante
    • Matic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

We played against Arsenal when they found their form of the season.
Spurs too in the semi but we had luck on our side.
We just failed to turn it around after an appalling start and I wonder what people would be writing here if we had won.
Granted that to face the likes of Madrid, Juve and Barca next season we need some big jobs. Otherwise forget it. We may do a little better than Spurs who went down unceremoniously to the likes of Monaco and MU who sh*tted in their pants against Celta de Vigo.
Re. English opposition I have no reasons to worry.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

Spurs too in the semi but we had luck on our side.

Inclined to disagree. Yes, Spurs bossed lots of the possession (what's new against the big sides) but we did what we had to do and we competed. The same can't be said about yesterday and Courtois even suggested after the match that the players got complacent.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Inclined to disagree. Yes, Spurs bossed lots of the possession (what's new against the big sides) but we did what we had to do and we competed. The same can't be said about yesterday and Courtois even suggested after the match that the players got complacent.

I don't mean "luck" like them missing two penalties.
But things panned out for us the way we wanted and they did play a good game.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree. I hope next season we have the personnel ourselves to boss possession and dominate even the bigger sides. It's kind of annoying how we allow sides like Arse/Spuds/City/Liverpool etc have possession and we counter attack.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I agree. I hope next season we have the personnel ourselves to boss possession and dominate even the bigger sides. It's kind of annoying how we allow sides like Arse/Spuds/City/Liverpool etc have possession and we counter attack.

We have never been in a side that dominates possession against the big teams. We have always either be in between or play strictly on the counter. Gonna need to overhaul the squad if we want to start bossing possession.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

We have never been in a side that dominates possession against the big teams. We have always either be in between or play strictly on the counter. Gonna need to overhaul the squad if we want to start bossing possession.

If we dominate all possession what sort of big teams can they be ?
Where it gets desperate it will be RM and co though.

On 5/26/2017 at 10:57 PM, laura90 said:

It's strange how almost everything goes in our favor : their available CB trio, their goalkeeper, bad atmosphere around the club after missing out on traditional and needed top four trophy, discontent with Wenger  . But it's what is somewhat scary: they are heavy underdogs and London derbies as well as cup finals often favor heavy underdogs. 

I still believe in this team, but they  have to come out with maximum of fight, concentration and hunger. 

They didn't. Somehow I knew they wont. But maybe even our stars knew we need to improve big time so they didn't want to make this team look better than they really are. In the end they all want to fight for Cl not FA cup next season.:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

what is worse than a defeat is we gifted Arsenal a silverware :(

And to be fair, they don't fucking deserve it. 

Did fuck all this whole season and started going on a roll some weeks ago. 

Fuck Arsenal and that dinosaur Wenger. 

2 hours ago, Dahnald said:

And to be fair, they don't fucking deserve it. 

Did fuck all this whole season and started going on a roll some weeks ago. 

Fuck Arsenal and that dinosaur Wenger. 

life isn't fair I guess it would serve Wenger well if this is his last season as Arsenal manager. Some silverware to show for his time at  Arsenal hahaha!

Bad game for us ... Was so much wanting a win here ... The better team won on the day. 

My disappointment was not that we lost out on the FA cup/a double but lost out to Arsenal who were bad all season, then they changed the tactics to mirror us and won :(

Anyways, I m happy for the season ... Won the title, changed to a new system which worked well. 

Just came back from London and still very disappointed from this game. The worst Chelsea game I have ever went to was the one I have spent most money on, but what can you do? Shit happens. We were poor, we were dominated almost throughout but I was sure we were going to score at some point, if not for that awful dive I think we would win it. We started really poorly, our players weren't up for it and they probably thought it is going to be a stroll in the park. In the second half it was a different story, we came out with more fight and motivation, but again, shame for that red card... 

Anyway, amazing experience for me as a fan. It was absolutely amazing to be at Wembley for a game of this magnitude. The atmosphere was amazing and I think our fans were much louder than theirs. Also, it looked like most of their fans left the stadium after the 90 minutes and didn't watch their team celebrate a title. Absolutely baffelling and unbelievable.

I read the comments in this thread and I think you are a little bit overreacting. We had a bad day, partly as a result of the fact we celebrated a league title a few days earlier. Matic, Moses and co. should still be here next season as squad players at least and we will be back stronger, not a single doubt in my mind. A few spot on signings and I think we can dominate next season as well. As for Arsenal, I just hope the romours are true and that this triumph will lead Wenger to sign a new deal. The best thing that can happen to all of their rivals.

KTBFFH!

All worked out nicely!

I too was disappointed with both the result and the performance, but after today's announcement, that Wenger signed a 2-year contract, I completely understand the strategy and am fully behind it. ;) 

On 31/5/2017 at 11:45 AM, Robguima said:

All worked out nicely!

I too was disappointed with both the result and the performance, but after today's announcement, that Wenger signed a 2-year contract, I completely understand the strategy and am fully behind it. ;) 

The fail of the year was Mou's UTD imho, then Wenger.

• 2 weeks later...

The father laughing at me when he saw that  was standing all the way up before Costa equalized and played my coaching role by giving instructions to the players. Ran more than some who played in the field. After that superstitious I am unfortunately I left my home to go out to do the shopping. There're regrets losing a derby is losing a derby, they were more motivated to win. Thereafter, we have a large number of loan Blues to select among those who can strengthen the team. Let us keep our feet on the ground, this defeat shows us that there is work to be done to reach the summit of Borj Khalifa(success)