• Kante
    • Matic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Farcical performance. Had the chance to make more history and make the season a great one but ended up putting a diabolical performance, one that look like the players didn't even give a crap about it.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CHOULO19 said:

I'm upset about the (first half) performance but can't be upset about the result.

Arsenal deserve to win and, more than anything, we deserved to lose.

And Moses deserves to be sold for that dive and overall performance... 

Totally agree wtf was Moses even thinking I just can't forgive a dive that lost us the game or well at Least I feel it lost us the game 

Getting a bit tired of watching these overpaid millionaires not performing. This was a huge game. I don't believe in off-days or anything. They bottled it.

Or making dives like Moses the basket case. What a fucking idiotic nonce. I hate, HATE cheating and diving. Fuck off. 

Thought Monreal was incredible at the back for Arsenal, reminded me of Azpi for us.

Costa really brought it towards the end but it was too little too late.

Thought David Luiz and Matic in particular had absolute stinkers, Luiz looked like he didn't give a shit until he went upfront at the end. Matic, there's a guy who should be playing for his future and he puts in a performance like that? Sign a powerhouse now. We need it, Kante can't do it all.

Same for Moses, he's been a revelation at times but that dive was horrendous, I hate shit like that, another man playing for his future with possible signings and he does that. Deary me.

We lost this one, and it's a bitter pill but still, Champions of England is pretty good, right?

It's easy to overreact to a final defeat and say we need so many new players, especially after winning the league, but I don't think it's unfair to say we need about 4-5 new, top class signings for our first XI. Both wingbacks, a midfielder, a CB upgrade for Cahill, and another world class forward.

Work better be happening already and signings made quickly because there will be insane competition for a lot of the same players if we wait too long. We won the league and certainly deserved to but we aren't close to being at the level of Europe's elite yet. Too many average players.

The 1st half performance was poor. They were definitely faster, our players could not even find each other in their own half.
We tried in the 2nd half, this was going to be Chelsea's cup without the sending off. I don't think it was a dive.
Antonio lost with 10 men and he has nothing to be ashamed about.

Deflating really. Kudos to Arse deserve it. We need to address these types of performances against top 5.

Bad call to start Matic as well. Conte is also at fault here.

Shame that our lack of technical quality showed up in the final. Honestly, half of our team can't play football at this level, can't control the ball when there's not perfect pass, and when they have a ball on their weak foot they panic like lower level players. But FFS, I knew this for a very, very long time and I wanted this last game to paper over the cracks but it wasn't to be. Though the double for this very very ordinary side would be too much laughing to handle, that would be cheating.

56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We need a super athlete who's also very comfortable on the ball. Matic is so fucking slow, cumbersome, and clumsy. He turns and reacts like a giant yacht.

We need a Nainggolan/Verratti/Vidal type. Bakayoko is who we're linked with but he's so similar to Matic.

Xhaka has been mixed this season but you can see today why he is going to develop into a top DLP. Shields the ball well, has vision and his very young. Kante and Matic just don't have the skillset. I am not just going to scapegoat Matic too. Kante was at fault for the second goal and also does not possess these attributes as well and despite all the rave reviews he gets, he can be a liability. For someone who has been named PFA player of the year and so on, you would expect him to take command a bit more. I don't just simply want a player who tracks people down and wins the ball back. I want more than that.

These are the type of games why I never get complacent before games like some fans do expecting a stroll in the park. We were below par today though. That red card came at the worse time because I think we would have got back in with all the chances they were wasting. Shame we missed out on double but still a brilliant season where we won the league. Hopefully this keeps Wenger in the job.

Just now, Dahnald said:

This game proves we've really overachieved this season.

We haven't over archived this season we won the league and we won the league on 93 points we just had a shit game am disappointed frustrated but shit happens I guess I'd take the PL over the FA cup any day