Thomas Lemar

BlueLyon

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

If we end up getting Sandro AND this guy in January, it think it might mean the end of 3-5-2. Maybe Conte finally feels like the has the squad to play  4-3-3 or 4-2-4. Maybe that's the reason why he has phased out Luiz who cannot play in a back four.

I really don't know if this guy is worth £80 million though.

£80 million? are you joking? He's worth £ 20-25 million. For more than £ 30 he can go  where he wants.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

So basically he's worse than Willian?

The same level basically, Young and maybe he can improve with  years but he never a hazard or dybala or  neymar. he doesn't worth £ 80.

He is 95, since 95 there are several players much better and that  have a bigger potential.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Price tags need to be just completely discarded now, football is just off the scale nuts.

What can he bring? Is he needed? And does he fit our team going forward to the future? These are all the questions that are more prominent than what he will cost.

I do find it hard to get fussed over cost when it ain't my money. If the club have it.. And the player will be one to make a impact then go ahead. Like you say gone are the day of normal prices its all high high and especially in January 

I dont watch him much this season, but last season he was definition of efficiency and stability. Thats why he got big price. 

Everyone was over Bernardo Silva, but to me Lemar was the guy. He knew when to pass, when to shoot, when to dribble, when to keep the ball and he was great at everything. 

You have trick players with big stats, then you have players who actualy get shit done when it matters. Lemar is certainly the later. Perhaps we need player who belongs in former, but Lemar is quality too. 

Not to mention he is serious work horse, for attacker at least. 

Im not sure he is worth 80m now tho, but the potential is certainly there. 

If we ended up with Sandro, Lemar and Aouar, I would be in heaven.

10 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Price tags need to be just completely discarded now, football is just off the scale nuts.

What can he bring? Is he needed? And does he fit our team going forward to the future? These are all the questions that are more prominent than what he will cost.

I am not sure that is the case with Chelsea anymore. Since the Torres transfer, only one player has been bought for an absurd amount of money - Alvaro Morata. It is clear that the club has a principle in place now. 

Luke Shaw, John Stones, Alex Sandro, Koulibaly, just few of the players the club could have bought since 2011 but chose not to, because of the price. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I am not sure that is the case with Chelsea anymore. Since the Torres transfer, only one player has been bought for an absurd amount of money - Alvaro Morata. It is clear that the club has a principle in place now. 

Luke Shaw, John Stones, Alex Sandro, Koulibaly, just few of the players the club could have bought since 2011 but chose not to, because of the price. 

This is true, but maybe (hopefully) this season has been a wake up call to Roman and the higher-ups in the club that we can no longer compete with City if we're somewhat tight with money. We're fighting with two clubs now in the league with infinite resources and who have shown that they'll pay literally whatever it takes to bring in the players they want.

We don't have to go crazy every summer and spend £200m, but if Roman wants Chelsea to compete on all fronts going forward he has to give us the squad to do so. Can't leave us depending on 2-3 players to pull us through every match.

We are in a need of one big transfer, one big buy, to get the other things rolling. I want CHELSEA BREAKS THE BANK FOR A FRENCH SUPERSTAR screaming from the papers, I want them all to talk about us. That will attract other good players too.

Don't know much about him, hope he is good and we can finally do it.

19 hours ago, El P. said:

We are in a need of one big transfer, one big buy, to get the other things rolling. I want CHELSEA BREAKS THE BANK FOR A FRENCH SUPERSTAR screaming from the papers, I want them all to talk about us. That will attract other good players too.

Don't know much about him, hope he is good and we can finally do it.

Watched some of his videos and changed my mind. I don't think he is that good, especially in the last third. Mahrez would be better buy.

I hope that he doesn't arrive, it would be just a huge waste of money.Yes, he is young but he is not much better than Willian and his value is £ 20 - 25 certainly not £ 80-90.I ask you:
1) but after bakayoko are you so happy to take another super overrated player?
2) It's not that if we spend € 90 million then necessarily he has to be strong, we're just stupid to take him !
3) all those who exalt him but over 10 minutes on yt (where you already understand a lot) but 8 - 10 games of the Monaco have you seen?

The main things I'm noticing when watching Lemar's highlights on YouTube are that he seems very one footed (left) and occupies the same space on the pitch that Hazard does (also left). Now obviously players of this ability can likely play anywhere across the attacking positions but it's something to consider. One of Eden's most dangerous moves is cutting in from the left and shooting. Likewise, Lemar looks great at putting the ball in with his favored left foot. So what's the idea if both are in the side?

Im sure Conte could figure it out but I just think it makes more sense to get Mahrez who's used to playing on the right.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The main things I'm noticing when watching Lemar's highlights on YouTube are that he seems very one footed (left) and occupies the same space on the pitch that Hazard does (also left). Now obviously players of this ability can likely play anywhere across the attacking positions but it's something to consider. One of Eden's most dangerous moves is cutting in from the left and shooting. Likewise, Lemar looks great at putting the ball in with his favored left foot. So what's the idea if both are in the side?

Im sure Conte could figure it out but I just think it makes more sense to get Mahrez who's used to playing on the right.

This. One would expect that he plays on the right with his good left foot being able to shoot. His playing style is somewhat strange, I am seeing what his ability is, but I've never seen him doing something exceptional in final third, some dribble or pass that would make a difference. Really wouldn't pay more than 40mils for him.

Buying Mahrez just makes more sense.

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

This. One would expect that he plays on the right with his good left foot being able to shoot. His playing style is somewhat strange, I am seeing what his ability is, but I've never seen him doing something exceptional in final third, some dribble or pass that would make a difference. Really wouldn't pay more than 40mils for him.

Yeah, he looks to have a similar style as Mahrez on the ball when dribbling but doesn't quite have the end product in terms of goals. Definitely has the end product when it comes to assists, though. I'd be glad to have him but there are perhaps better fits for us.

Can certainly see why Arsenal are/were after him. Would be a perfect fit in their team. If Sanchez is off next month you'd imagine they'll try again. Alexis looks like his head is completely gone so he's surely off.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You