Thomas Lemar

BlueLyon

I'd agree that Lemar isn't spectacular, but he's not not great IMO. He's all-rounded, consistent, and for sure not the perfect player for our wing, but he's the perfect player for any squad, presuming he doesn't have to start every game.

He'd blitz any small teams in the cup games, he'd be a really solid alternative to any XI player injured in a big game (solid meaning, small chance of being a game-winner, but equally small chance of fucking anything up.) 
He's already Arsenal starter-material; for us he's definitely bench material. Not a player who raises a team's level, but further solidifies it, whatever that level is - presuming again, he isn't relied upon. I want incredible bench players, and an incredible bench option he would be.

I imagine that for us, he'd be a 6.5-7/10 player in 90% of his games. Never would he have a bad game. Sometimes he'd be the best forward on the pitch, like Willian can manage even after terrible, terrible runs of form. Sometimes Hazard can't unlock a defence, and what we need is a more traditional winger.

I guess for the amount of money he'd cost, it makes more sense to first prioritise upgrading our XI. In that case I'm far more into Sanchez than Mahrez, because while one has a great amount of talent, the other has an extraordinary level of talent.

If we do sign him, the most likely scenario is he's going straight into our XI. In that scenario it's simple. Four. Two. Three. (One). 
Lemar - Hazard - &Whoever - would be strong, presuming the guy on the right is elite (but where are the elite right-wingers?)
I'd definitely keep him in the ilk of a player who offers quite a bit defensively, and aims to cross more than he aims to shoot. Somewhat like Giggs just as Namika said. 
As a starting player this would be underwhelming all in all.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people comparing him to Mahrez ? 

Lemar is a left midfielder. He's a winger. If we bought him it would for the LWB position or to play left wing in a 4-4-2 not to play in behind the striker.

I like him. Got pace, quick feet, ability to beat players on the outside, comfortable on the ball, still young.

Also i don't think he's cup tied in the CL as he only played in the qualifiers this season.

It's a lot of money though. Hopefully we can use Batshuayi to pull the price down.

Are you guys really football enthusiast? Because your description of lemar is shocking omg. If there was a player lemar is a keen to it is MALOUDA. Meaning he will be good on the wing, but his best position and right place in a team will always be LCM. For his attributes he is an all rounder, he is like a clock( keeps things ticking) meaning he will keep the ball circulating. All in all a great player to complement Kante (dm) and cesc ( rcm). This will certainly mean we will be sticking to a midfield three going forward.

9 minutes ago, GhanaBoy said:

Are you guys really football enthusiast? Because your description of lemar is shocking omg. If there was a player lemar is a keen to it is MALOUDA. Meaning he will be good on the wing, but his best position and right place in a team will always be LCM. For his attributes he is an all rounder, he is like a clock( keeps things ticking) meaning he will keep the ball circulating. All in all a great player to complement Kante (dm) and cesc ( rcm). This will certainly mean we will be sticking to a midfield three going forward.

Malouda is actually a great comparison. Lemar is a good player but he isn’t worth £80m. 

If we’re gonna spend £80m on a player then I’d rather us add a few more millions on to that and get a proper elite attacking midfielder. 

He is a left footed attacker which would be ideal for us. The thing is, I am not sure I would replace Willian or Pedro for him, and certainly not for £80 million. I don't think he's worth €80 million, let alone £'s. I would spend that money on a LWB which is the position that needs filling the most. 

Kinda warming up to the signing a bit more if we could drop the price down to let’s say £60m. Maybe Michy on a loan will do it? We did sign Drinkwater and Bakayoko for £40m so £60m for Lemar isn’t that inconsistent in today’s market. Let’s say we somehow got Sandro in January too, our team would actually look really good.

Morata Hazard; Sandro Lemar Bakayoko Kanté Moses; Rüdiger Christensen Azpi; Courtois. That’s an 11 that rivals City’s. 

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We did sign Drinkwater and Bakayoko for £40m so £60m for Lemar isn’t that inconsistent in today’s market. 

Morata Hazard; Sandro Lemar Bakayoko Kanté Moses; Rüdiger Christensen Azpi; Courtois. That’s an 11 that rivals City’s. 

signing Drinkwater and Bakayoko for 40 million pounds was a mistake! so signing Lemar for 60 million pounds is not a fair decision, it's just another waste of money!

Morata Hazard; Sandro Lemar Bakayoko Kanté Moses; Rüdiger Christensen Azpi; Courtois. That ISN'T an 11 that rivals City’s. 

maybe with a upgrade on rudiger, bakayoko and lemar

Are these the same people that said Sane wasn't that good? Glad we didn't get him...

I've actually seen a bit of Lemar, and every time I have, I walked away impressed. I guess people expect us to buy Dybala, Mbappe, Asensio types. Let me know how that goes. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Are these the same people that said Sane wasn't that good? Glad we didn't get him...

I've actually seen a bit of Lemar, and every time I have, I walked away impressed. I guess people expect us to buy Dybala, Mbappe, Asensio types. Let me know how that goes. 

Dybala, Mbappe, and Asensio were all once players that were yet to become who are they are now... Patience.

Wouldn't put Asensio in the same bracket as the first two.

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Kinda warming up to the signing a bit more if we could drop the price down to let’s say £60m. Maybe Michy on a loan will do it? We did sign Drinkwater and Bakayoko for £40m so £60m for Lemar isn’t that inconsistent in today’s market. Let’s say we somehow got Sandro in January too, our team would actually look really good.

We are actually only 3 or 4 signings away from having a ridiculously strong squad. Lemar, Sandro and a CB with a backup striker would put us directly alongside City in terms of squad ability.

57 minutes ago, DDA said:

We are actually only 3 or 4 signings away from having a ridiculously strong squad. Lemar, Sandro and a CB with a backup striker would put us directly alongside City in terms of squad ability.

They have far more top shelf talent than we do on the attacking side. Aguero and KDB aside, young talent which will continue to develop such as Sane and Sterling, as well as David Silva. 

I feel as if we'd need 2 more top signings to be there in terms of talent if we get Lemar and Sandro. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You