Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Pep has started with the early excuses for when they lose saying that us and the Dippers have a big advantage not being in Europe.

If thats right then every bloody year theres 16 teams with a big advantage but you dont see them on top of the table after a shite season!

1 hour ago, iceboy said:

According to the Times Conte will take a different team to face City.

A different team "to the Chelsea side who started their last away game at a title rival — the 3-0 defeat by Arsenal two months ago — and his conviction is difficult to contradict. While Chelsea’s starting XI at the Etihad is likely to show only three changes from the team who folded at the Emirates, the players’ confidence, attitude and performance levels have been transformed in the interim, as a remarkable run of seven successive Premier League wins after ending Tottenham Hotspur’s unbeaten start to the season on Saturday attests."

Any points we get from City away is a good game for me. I dont care about pep, id say the same thing any year. the key is to get points against the big boys on their home fields and beat the lower level squads. a win or a draw next saturday and I am one happy guy. Lets go back to the beginning of the year and all of our year end goals were to qualify for CL. That is still my goal and getting a point away from home at Etihad will help that.

Yes we are on a great run, Yes i believe if we come to play we can absolutely win. But being a realistic supporter any points we can get on saturday be it 1 or 3 is great for me. 

That being said....I hope we come out firing and send a message, my goal might be CL qualification but my dream is the Title!!

2 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

A different team "to the Chelsea side who started their last away game at a title rival — the 3-0 defeat by Arsenal two months ago — and his conviction is difficult to contradict. While Chelsea’s starting XI at the Etihad is likely to show only three changes from the team who folded at the Emirates, the players’ confidence, attitude and performance levels have been transformed in the interim, as a remarkable run of seven successive Premier League wins after ending Tottenham Hotspur’s unbeaten start to the season on Saturday attests."

Yeah my bad

Twitter effect

4 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Any points we get from City away is a good game for me. I dont care about pep, id say the same thing any year. the key is to get points against the big boys on their home fields and beat the lower level squads.

After the City game we play with WBA, Sunderland, Palace, Bournemouth and Stoke in December.  We should win at least 4 out of 5 because in the first month of the year we'll play against Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester away and Arsenal at the Bridge.

2 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

After the City game we play with WBA, Sunderland, Palace, Bournemouth and Stoke in December.  We should win at least 4 out of 5 because in the first month of the year we'll play against Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester away and Arsenal at the Bridge.

Agreed, 4 wins and a draw or 5 wins is expected. absolutely need to get maximum points off lesser opponents. We have a great december/christmas schedule, lets take advantage!

For those who are pessimist judging from our performance against boro and spuds,  here's what i think :

Against boro, tactically we played well and created lot of chances, if it wasn't Valdes at the other end of the goals the result might be more than 0-1, and remember that boro defensive were though too.

Against Spuds, we were indeed having trouble in the first half, i think because that was the first game since we shift to 343 when the opponents using Hard Pressing tactics, but the managers and the lads did better in 2nd half, i think conte did find out a way to exploit spuds tactic. Several gold chances created, one of them became decisive goal and none goals conceded.

================================

Considering City and Pep, which using relatively same tactical football and open play, i think we'll have chance to see an interesting game! Tactic vs Tactic. The result will depends on how effective we use our chances and the diciplines of our defenders. City defense are not solid compare to ours, and we should exploit these efficiently.

A win there will be A MASSIVE BOOST! 

On November 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM, iceboy said:

According to the Times Conte will take a different team to face City.

I suspected that might have been the case, Pedro out and a CM in, maybe Oscar. 

34 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Well well well, he is full of confidence now.

Massive match this week.

Screenshot_20161129-143525.png

And he is also happy. As I said somewhere earlier. To keep happy Eden and Courtois you have to win games. If they are happy they will want to stay of course.