Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2
Followers 3

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

go all out for him. need to make a statement. First i was of the opinion that we would not need him but tbf with how disjointed our defence looked today after cahill was off, we need one. and obviously once we have one defender and one of our 3 midfielders out, we have to tinker around and another injury or suspension and we are stripped to the bone in this position. also he is probably an upgrade on quality on any of our defenders.

What kind of message though ? That Chelsa Football Club will be the first club to field ten defenders in their starting eleven ? We have already fielded five yesterday, buying a sixieth one is indeed the right way to go f it is our truly our aim...

I dont get this if this goes through ... We got Rudiger (why? thats another debate), we have still have Azpi, Christensen is back, Zouma on loan, Cahill (who is not going to get abandon) and Luiz. I understand the need to keep strengthening so why didnt we move for Van Dirk before Rudiger and close it out. Yes he is very good but then we have worry else where which needs to be closed not CBs currently.

Not sure whats wrong with the board? 

33 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I dont get this if this goes through ... We got Rudiger (why? thats another debate), we have still have Azpi, Christensen is back, Zouma on loan, Cahill (who is not going to get abandon) and Luiz. I understand the need to keep strengthening so why didnt we move for Van Dirk before Rudiger and close it out. Yes he is very good but then we have worry else where which needs to be closed not CBs currently.

Not sure whats wrong with the board? 

Well Cahill played his last match in a blue shirt yesterday so we need to replace him hopefully.

31 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Well Cahill played his last match in a blue shirt yesterday so we need to replace him hopefully.

I very much doubt that lol.

I didn't think we needed him but I will be thrilled if we get him. Having VVD as an alternative to Cahill will be immense. Rudiger looked really good for me as did Christensen which was encouraging. Keeps him from Liverpool and strengthens us further. 

Would be a luxury signing in our current state, can we afford one? For this money you can buy a much better midfielder than Drinkwater, or a much better wing-back than Alonso. Somebody will get sacrificed if this happens. Christensen sold or loaned in January would be my guess then. We also have Zouma on loan. However, getting in Oxlade and Drinkwater would allow us to sacrifice Cahill instead - in this case I can't see a downside, upgrades all around.

I've been all for bringing him in to immedietly take Cahill's spot in the XI, but after seeing Cristensen perform so well at the weekend it would probably limit his minutes going forward significantly. He himself looks better than Cahill. 

I think we're well enough stocked at CB currently. Use the money on midfield and wing backs.

EXCLUSIVE: Southampton tell Chelsea to break the world-record fee for a defender to sign Virgil van Dijk💰#CFC

Virgil van Dijk and Liverpool will NOT bully Southampton into selling the defender to the Merseysiders, a club source has revealed.

And, we understand, the centre-back will more likely be sold to Chelsea or Manchester City – for a world record fee for a defender.

Yahoo Sport have been told that an offer in excess of £70m may tempt Southampton to complete a deal with Chelsea

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/southampton-tell-chelsea-van-dijk-will-cost-world-record-fee-143720023.html

Yeah, not happening lads. I'll bet someone will panic on the deadline day and reach an agreement between 50-60m because they won't keep him after that statement he made. Probably will be Liverpool in the end,

8 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

EXCLUSIVE: Southampton tell Chelsea to break the world-record fee for a defender to sign Virgil van Dijk💰#CFC

Virgil van Dijk and Liverpool will NOT bully Southampton into selling the defender to the Merseysiders, a club source has revealed.

And, we understand, the centre-back will more likely be sold to Chelsea or Manchester City – for a world record fee for a defender.

Yahoo Sport have been told that an offer in excess of £70m may tempt Southampton to complete a deal with Chelsea

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/southampton-tell-chelsea-van-dijk-will-cost-world-record-fee-143720023.html

lol thanks but no thanks, fuck off Southampton

No thanks. We simply don't need him. I would much rather give game time to Christensen so he can develop into one of the best CB's in the world. Also, there are other areas where we need new signings, our defence is sorted.

Southampton is now 80% owned by chinese...

Whoever will want VDV will have to pay shitload of money now.

And he simply isn't worth the money. We have Christensen in our ranks, who could become one of the best in his position. I hope we don't throw this chance away and overpay for Van Dijk.

11 hours ago, Beigl said:

No thanks. We simply don't need him. I would much rather give game time to Christensen so he can develop into one of the best CB's in the world. Also, there are other areas where we need new signings, our defence is sorted.

yeah this is a strange one. Isn't Christensen as "proven" as VVD and isn't VVD incredibly injury prone esp considering the asking price?!

Chelsea need to learn to speak with the press and dismiss unfounded rumors.

This club is so weird during the transfer window... :)

• Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic