Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

But the German (Klopp) is well equipped with defenders, with Dejan Lovren, Joel Matip, Ragnar Klavan and Joe Gomez all fit for the season.

He said: “We have four ­centre-backs. I don’t think we need more.

“Just at the moment I’m fine. The transfer market is open until the 31st of August.

“We cannot force things and we would never get a ­centre-back just because someone is available."

hopefully we can get him, he is bordering on WC imo

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist."

"I want to play European football again and challenge for major honours. I am incredibly ambitious."

" I want to achieve as much as I can to fulfil my potential in what is a very short career as a professional footballer."

-Virgil van Dijk

The moment he handed his transfer request the fee went from £60m to £40m. We're in good positie for the negotiations and it seems like other top teams are not thinking about signing him.

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Did you watch the game on Sunday are defending was poor against arsenal?? 

Our CB's were very good yesterday, tbf. Both Luiz and Cahill performed well. It's what's ahead of them and their flanks that were subpar.

Do we need VVD? No. But he'd certainly improve our team.

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Our defending was alright. Geigen the lack of protection from Alonso and Fabregas we limited them to a handful of chances.also i one defender more does not mean our defending will improve. Defending is all about team movement and mechanisms.

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

I think a player like van Dick would be a good acquisition, but more players are needed in other areas.

26 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I don't think we need a CB.

I both agree and disagree. The main priority should be two wings back (both for Competition and Depth) but if we can Sign Van Dijk its basically like signing a RWB since Azpi will be moved there.
So it would be RWB: Azpi, Moses. CB: Luiz, Cahill, Van Dijk, Rudiger, Christensen, (Azpi). LWB: Alonso, new signing.
I would be pretty happy with that setup tbh.

Just now, Special Juan said:

Spend the cash elsewhere, and if this is the amount (50M) then go and break the bank and fetch Dembele here from Dortmund, kids absolute different gravy.

Think it's been reported that Dortmund wouldn't even accept the 100m Barca are offering. No chance we'd get him.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Spend the cash elsewhere, and if this is the amount (50M) then go and break the bank and fetch Dembele here from Dortmund, kids absolute different gravy.

We'll end up sending him on loan to Vitesse!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You