Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

If this is at all still true and we land him - I give up trying to figure out the formation Conte plans on using. 

I don't rate Azpili as a wingback. He's so, so much more effective as a right side CB. But Van Dijk with Luiz and even Cahill next to him makes a formidable tandem. 

It's certainly a good problem to have so much depth in defense and is laying the groundwork for the future. I still believe Zouma will have a place next year too. 

£50m is a good price all things considered.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know what to think about this, i mean, VVD is amazing, but i want Christenses to succeed so bad that i would be devastated if he blocked Christensen's path to the first team, so because of that its a no from me, for purely emotional reasons.

OK this is an interesting comment that i found on a Southampton forum:

"A Saints team last week, u19's or could have been just an academy team, played Hamble 1sts. Virgil played. Virgil was very relaxed and laid back. Everyone wanted to talk to him and he chatted with everyone. He openly said he was going to Chelsea. Hamble won 5-4....."

50 minutes ago, lucashm said:

I really dont know what to think about this, i mean, VVD is amazing, but i want Christenses to succeed so bad that i would be devastated if he blocked Christensen's path to the first team, so because of that its a no from me, for purely emotional reasons.

Christensen should replace Luiz when Luiz declines. Christensen has been playing in the centre of a back three at BM. In my opinion we recalled him one season too early. This time next year, Luiz is going to be 31 and he will start showing signs of age. That's when he should be phased out and Christensen should be integrated.

Instead, if we buy VVD, we will keep Christensen on the bench for a season and sell him next year for £30m. He will then go on to be the next Hummels and will be bought buy a rival PL club for £70m.

"A Saints team last week, u19's or could have been just an academy team, played Hamble 1sts. Virgil played. Virgil was very relaxed and laid back. Everyone wanted to talk to him and he chatted with everyone. He openly said he was going to Chelsea. Hamble won 5-4....."

A link would be nice.

6 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

OP Luiz back to midfield.

6 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

I get so mad when ppl suggest this.  

You might get mad...but it seems like the only logical explanation as to why we're spending 50+ million on a CB....when our key problem is wingbacks & midfield. 

If you sign Van Dijk...then you could have:  Van Dijk/Cahill - Azpi - Rudiger/Christensen for the three CB roles and free up Luiz to play CB or fill in the midfield

22 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

You might get mad...but it seems like the only logical explanation as to why we're spending 50+ million on a CB....when our key problem is wingbacks & midfield. 

If you sign Van Dijk...then you could have:  Van Dijk/Cahill - Azpi - Rudiger/Christensen for the three CB roles and free up Luiz to play CB or fill in the midfield

It's not logical at all. Luiz can pass because he has time and space as a CB. You can get the best ball playing CB in the world in Bonucci and stick him in midfield and his passing would look much worse. 

David is our libero and he's perfect where he is.

Chelsea make ‘firm bid’ for Virgil van Dijk, hope to wrap up deal by start of season — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/8/4/16093618/chelsea-make-firm-bid-for-virgil-van-dijk-hope-to-wrap-up-deal-by-start-of-season-report

Virgil Van Dijk Loan deals do count

Liverpool 4/7
Chelsea 5/2

7 hours ago, lucashm said:

giphy.gif

Bit suspicious that literally only the one source is reporting this. You would think Chelsea making a £50m move for a player would be a big deal that a bunch of papers would be investigating.

As good as he is, I don't even want him. Way more pressing concerns in the squad at the moment and there are just three more squad places available for foreign players so I think making a big signing for the only department aside from goalkeepers that doesn't need reinforcing is kind of stupid. Would also mean the end of Christensen which again would be really short sighted from the club, I think for Conte it's way too premature to dismiss his qualities based on a couple weeks of pre-season.

Van Dijk's also made a proper cunt out of himself by going on strike and refusing to train with his team, less than a year after he signed a six year contract at Southampton and was more than happy to accept the massive payrise he got in that deal so I'm not sure if that's the kind of player I want associated with the club. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You