Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

2 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

It's not logical at all. Luiz can pass because he has time and space as a CB. You can get the best ball playing CB in the world in Bonucci and stick him in midfield and his passing would look much worse

David is our libero and he's perfect where he is.

I'm not sure what Bonucci has to do with this...he's never played in midfield in his entire career. 

As for Luiz, no one suggested that he would be made into a permanent midfielder...but it's good to have another option in midfield (especially one who has been successful for both Chelsea and PSG in that role)...as right now we only have Kante and Bakayoko in the CM/DM role.  

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I call BS. Not gonna happen. We have 5 centrebacks, that is enough. Adn it is not that early thirties is an age for a CB so Luiz and Cahill will have a few years left in the tank. 

Rudiger and Azpilicueta are NOT centrebacks. Watch this video

We have 3 centrebacks(Cahill, Luiz and Christensen), 2 over the age of 30, 1 still young.

Our weaknesses is aerial duels. 

VVD would be perfect signing for us.

sd.png

If the deal go through, which I'm not really sure will happen, I'd feel sorry for Christensen. We have one of the best prospects in CB and bringing another CB will reduce his playtime to almost nothing. Other possible scenario would be to move Azpi as RWB, considering the club couldn't bring Conte's targets for RWB, and have Rudi,VVD,Christiansen,DL and Cahill for the CB spots.
The best scenario for me would be bringing VVD in and loaning Christensen to Soton for the season as they are in need of CB.

Dave.          Luiz.        VVD/cahill

Rudigur.                                             Sandro

Kante.        Bakayoko

Pedro.                                              Hazard

Morata

That would be sick.

7 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Dave.          Luiz.        VVD/cahill

Rudigur.                                             Sandro

Kante.        Bakayoko

Pedro.                                              Hazard

Morata

That would be sick.

I would switch dave for Rüdiger  😀

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I would switch dave for Rüdiger 😀

I thought about that mate but watching rudiger play man the lad can pass, has decent crossing, and a lot faster then he looks :P plus seen a few videos of him up against sandro and does really well.

A back 3 of Rüdiger, Luiz, and Van Dijk with Azpi at RWB would be completely dominant in the PL. We may lose a bit in attack on the right with Azpi there but I think he'd do very well in that role. Much better defensively than Moses and decent enough further up the pitch.

We'd have 3 CB's who are physically dominant, very comfortable on the ball, and can all spray the ball around easily. Add Kante and Bakayoko in front of them and I'd say we have the most complete and balanced XI in the league. I'd also trust Cesc in a midfield 2 more with a CB of Van Dijk's quality added to the side.

The negative as already mentioned is that Christensen would surely be off. Don't think we'd sell him but probably loan.

At this point I'm putting this in the "too good to be true" category personally. I'm not convinced we're after another top CB.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

A back 3 of Rüdiger, Luiz, and Van Dijk with Azpi at RWB would be completely dominant in the PL. We may lose a bit in attack on the right with Azpi there but I think he'd do very well in that role. Much better defensively than Moses and decent enough further up the pitch.

We'd have 3 CB's who are physically dominant, very comfortable on the ball, and can all spray the ball around easily. Add Kante and Bakayoko in front of them and I'd say we have the most complete and balanced XI in the league. I'd also trust Cesc in a midfield 2 more with a CB of Van Dijk's quality added to the side.

The negative as already mentioned is that Christensen would surely be off. Don't think we'd sell him but probably loan.

At this point I'm putting this in the "too good to be true" category personally. I'm not convinced we're after another top CB.

How we go this season hinges on our wingbacks IMO. Azpi isn't good enough for that role. 

Hopefully this doesn't mean curtains or Christensen.

I do like the idea of us getting VVD, he's looked absolute quality every time I've seen him play. So cool, calm and composed not only on the ball but when defending an oncoming attacker. Doesn't do a moonwalk backwards (Looking at you Cahill).

I'm wondering like a few others here if this means we're moving on from wingback signings and moving a few players around.

Azpi at right WB will be just fine I think, when he ventured forward from the back three a few times last season he showed he's improved his overall passing/crossing game. That pinpoint cross to Diego against Palace in particular.

As for LWB, I'm sure Baba is still on our books right? Give him a go, and we've also got Kenedy if he can stop being a prick on social media. We can always look again in Jan if it becomes a problem.

20 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

When will this Sandro dream end? You guys need to accept he isn't coming and move on. May as well add Neymar to your mock lineups.

Until he signs a contract with juve he's still fair game. Transfer going quite is sometimes a good sign not always bad. Chances are he won't come but until we no for sure ill keep putting him there. It's that's simple.

And not to mention this is a forum people are welcome to have opinions.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You