• Fabregas (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Why inconsistent ?
'pool and West Ham are not the same thing.
Also 'pool are peaking right now in terms of form.
What happens is we don't have a squad that is 100% championship material. 5 players are good for a "world's best" selection, 6 are for lower divisions or for the first divisions of some other continent. We are in that sort of unhappy situation at the moment.

Agree 100000% ! :) We probably have to realise that our squad is pretty poor compared to City, United or Arsenal. But we have to change underperforming players and bring fresh faces from the bench (Moses, Fabregas, Chalobah, RLC, Alonso)

10 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

You already said it, we're talking about one game.

Why are so saying that Conte's turning into a Mourinho of last season?
The spirit is completely different, the attacking play is on another level, i for one had in most games so far the feeling Chelsea could always score. I'm really of the opinion that some things are different, despite that i would have stood by Mourinho, Conte is an interesting one, there're changes and he should be given at least half a season before pulling out the gun.

Maybe you're saying it because of the substitutions. Batshuayi should have been brought on, but otherwise Chelsea's options on the bench don't instill confidence to me.

Manchester City are looking fantastically.
I guess saying Mourinho's United will finish in the top 4 isn't outrageous.
Klopp is also a contender, but the other teams aren't better. Conte can also beat the aformentioned ones. Top 4 is safe and sound for Chelsea this time around.

We'll see mate, we'll see.

People forget also that klopp is almost two seasons here. He did not started that well either. 

If Liverpool show consistency they might win it. Because they have no European football. 

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

People forget also that klopp is almost two seasons here. He did not started that well either. 

If Liverpool show consistency they might win it. Because they have no European football. 

Of couse it's a possibility, but i don't think they have the depth for it.

There team is full of energy, on their day they will take off points from almost anyone in the league, imo.

One thing is for sure, Klopp is top notch!

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

Nah i don't think the game was that bad. Pool are no newbies, today they were better, but they didn't have many shots on target. Chelsea had the chances to get the draw or even better. There were combinations in small space, Chelsea upped their attacking play, poor days do happen at the office.

I can't understand much of the criticism Conte's already receiving. I'm not sold on Fabregas, don't think the substitutions showed much. So far i think Conte's doing a good job, the so-called useless Matic was part of the reason for Costa's goal. Costa kept his calm, Luiz played well, big save from Courtois.

Conte's doing things differently compared with Mourinho. People should appreciate him more, it really is a different approach. Chelsea will continue to win lots of games this season, no one wants to play against this team.

Well said.

People are commenting as if they don't realise the problems in the squad yet we all know that's just not true. Everyone here, and I mean everyone, knows only too well that there are many more questions than answers in this group.

Those who yearn for, and call for, a more aggressive style of play have their hearts in the right place but this group of players are not able to deliver that dream. Instead of continuing to blame Jose, or starting to blame Antonio, I hope people will  be more understanding about the tough place our club is in. The situation reminds me of that old joke where a motorist is lost on the way to the Irish capital and stops to ask directions. "If you want to get to Dublin", came the reply, "you really shouldn't start from here".

Well, we are here and we have to get on with it. Off the pitch, we need to up our game in terms of identifying genuine quality. On the pitch we need to get Alonso into this side as soon as possible. He is not a perfect footballer but getting him into the lineup will, in my opinion, make more of an improvement then any other single change from within the current squad. That's my prescription anyway. He will certainly start on Tuesday night. After that, we shall see.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I think we have some outdated players. For example Ivanovic. Even in his best, I would still prefer a dynamic, quick, powerfull/skilled full back ala Cole, Aurier, Alaba, Clyne etc...

And we sign Alonso. Man, I realy wish we had someone like Clyne. Azpi, Iva and Alonso. That has to be the slowest, worst offensive set of fullbacks in history.

Then there are Matic and Cesc who turn like ship.

Matic is actually big and slow but what's fabregas' excuse?! Big fat ass?! :) Sorry but that's been taken already... Iva

Look what you saw yesterday was a Mourinho team, apart for Kante, Luiz and Moses for the last 10 minutes. 80% Mourinho team.
So given that Mourinho has some problems but he is not really a pyromaniac arsonist with two horns rather than a football manager, what could one expect ?
That way we cannot make hammers go.
Against easy opponents Mourinho too did n't have problems (the Israelis, the Ukrainians, the weak these years Porto ...).

2 hours ago, fmsch24 said:

Can someone please explain to me three things 

1- why is Oscar starting instead of fabregas

2- why are ivanovich and especially Cahill still in our starting line up 

3- why does conte always brings in the subs 10 minutes before stoppage time 

I need answers because if this is going to be our tactic this season we'd be lucky to get top 10

I have a theory for #3. I think he has the feeling that his subs are super subs who are capable of making the difference in the last 10 minutes, and as time goes by I am getting the feeling he is wrong about that.

I mean if he working on that strategy I would be more than willing to wait and see but until he perfects that in terms of how the players play with the super sub in the last 10 minutes. He should play his subs properly

1 minute ago, bluephoenix said:

I have a theory for #3. I think he has the feeling that his subs are super subs who are capable of making the difference in the last 10 minutes, and as time goes by I am getting the feeling he is wrong about that.

I mean if he working on that strategy I would be more than willing to wait and see but until he perfects that in terms of how the players play with the super sub in the last 10 minutes. He should play his subs properly

Depends how the match goes. If a player is injured or demonstrably paddling in the field he will change him.
Unhappily the move did n't result in an equalizer but it did n't result in a third Liverpool goal either.
Moses tried and I d' rather have seen Batshuayi than both of Cesc and Pedro.

Love Conte but he got it wrong today(the first time this season) the subs came way too late and to my amateur eyes both Oscar and Matic looked completely knackered after 65mins. Who could blame them too, we were chasing shadows the entire first half. And whats more is neither of them deserved to be apart of the team in the second half, Fabregas and either Moses or Michy should've been on long before. 

We had chances late but the squad needed changing long before they were made.

Why is that I feel that our players are clueless. If I remember correctly we have been screaming for seasons together now about this situation where our players look absolutely clueless. It is even more apparent when the opposition scores early. We seem like we are trying to be urgent and in reality actually just embarrassing ourselves in the end.