• Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Kenedy looked realy promising last season. Its a fucking disgrace that he is at Watford (and probably to our luck wont even play much), while Pedro is here.

I love Pedro, but Kenedy should be on the bench or on the pitch.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So much for Hazard being back. Hazard, Willian, Oscar and Diego were all shit.

Absolutely pathetic that our midfield got completely bossed by He derision, Wijnaldum, and Lallana. They passed rings and us. At home! They just embarrassed us in our own home.

We just aren't nearly as far along as I thought we were. Player for player we have way better talent than they do but Klopp is such a good coach that he drags them up a level or two. 

Yeah but klopp been there for almost two seasons. 

When he first started it wasn't good. The only team that was ready made is city because they been playing good for a while, and Arsenal if some good coach take over. 

But United and us need work and you can see it in both cases this week. 

7 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Kante tried to save the day with some long distance shots but apparently it ain't his strong point.

He´s great no doubt but i think he´s too light weight, gets shrugged off the ball by someone stronger, needs to buckle up more, like Essien, Toure and Makelele, then he would be even more awesome and unstoppable.

Terrible defending for their first goal and a really poor performance by our central midfield completely did for us this game.

The central midfield issue was particularly annoying because it appeared so easy to rectify; Kante and Oscar were flying all over the place attempting to win us possession, and were leaving massive gaps for Liverpool to play through. I get that Conte wants us to play proactively, but if the tactics are clearly not working so early on, he should make some attempt to change them. His subs were way too predictable (and far too late) as well, which is a shame, as he's done well with them up until now.

I also thought we didn't attack Liverpool down their left anywhere near enough after we had scored; for all the criticism he's getting above (along with most of the other players, to be fair), Willian had Milner on toast whenever he faced up against him 1-on-1, and we should have tried to force that issue more than we did. Instead, we were increasingly prone to giving the ball to Hazard and hoping that he could magic something up for us, even though Clyne was clearly getting the better of him. Add to this that our central midfield was completely incapable of building play properly when we were in possession, and you had a match that resembled just about any one of those from last year rather too much for my liking....

The only positives I can take from this match are that Luiz still possesses the recovery pace that we've been missing in central defence for a while now, Willian has apparently remembered that he can be a very good dribbler when he actually attempts to take his man on, Kante remains brilliant at dispossessing opponents, and Costa continues to score freely.

Anyway, our promising start has now faltered, and there's plenty of work to be done; let's see how it goes from here.

13 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I think we have some outdated players. For example Ivanovic. Even in his best, I would still prefer a dynamic, quick, powerfull/skilled full back ala Cole, Aurier, Alaba, Clyne etc...

And we sign Alonso. Man, I realy wish we had someone like Clyne. Azpi, Iva and Alonso. That has to be the slowest, worst offensive set of fullbacks in history.

Then there are Matic and Cesc who turn like ship.

I think as a whole we are very, very one dimensional. 

44 minutes ago, ElCholo said:

Conte is a fraud. There was no tactical genius at the touchline, only a schoolboy sleeping and doing shit all. 

He was tactically outclassed by Klopp who isn't a tactical genius either. What will Conte do against the Guardiolas and Mourinhos?

Tactically speaking he's not a fraud but it seems that he might not be as good as we were hoping for either. Tonight felt like a CL game and we all know what his CL record is like. 

6 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Nah i don't think the game was that bad. Pool are no newbies, today they were better, but they didn't have many shots on target. Chelsea had the chances to get the draw or even better. There were combinations in small space, Chelsea upped their attacking play, poor days do happen at the office.

I can't understand much of the criticism Conte's already receiving. I'm not sold on Fabregas, don't think the substitutions showed much. So far i think Conte's doing a good job, the so-called useless Matic was part of the reason for Costa's goal. Costa kept his calm, Luiz played well, big save from Courtois.

Conte's doing things differently compared with Mourinho. People should appreciate him more, it really is a different approach. Chelsea will continue to win lots of games this season, no one wants to play against this team.

I really like you and appreciate your opinion but Conte is turning into Mourinho of the third season and Mourinho at least delivered us the league. With such performances I doubt we get into the Top 4. Conte is overrated.

10 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Nah i don't think the game was that bad. Pool are no newbies, today they were better, but they didn't have many shots on target. Chelsea had the chances to get the draw or even better. There were combinations in small space, Chelsea upped their attacking play, poor days do happen at the office.

I can't understand much of the criticism Conte's already receiving. I'm not sold on Fabregas, don't think the substitutions showed much. So far i think Conte's doing a good job, the so-called useless Matic was part of the reason for Costa's goal. Costa kept his calm, Luiz played well, big save from Courtois.

Conte's doing things differently compared with Mourinho. People should appreciate him more, it really is a different approach. Chelsea will continue to win lots of games this season, no one wants to play against this team.

what irritates me most with Conte is the timing of the subs, late subs wont save you everytime. Cheers

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I think as a whole we are very, very one dimensional. 

Apart from few players, we are simply to inconsistent. We all know how good is Hazard, that Oscar can put in great attacking performance, that Willian can put in great warrior display for whole night to help his team, but sadly it happens every 5th game.

• This team is still so mentally weak, it's frustrating. The starting XI today should've been good enough to not lose to Liverpool but they started really strong, scored a goal (thanks to that ridiculous defending) and the team went into their shells. Conte must've yelled at them or something because the 2nd half were much better, so at least that's an improvement from last season where we would've lost this 3-0.
  • The first goal was a defensive mistake, 2nd was an unstoppable shot (after a poor clearance by Cahill) and on another day those might not happen for Liverpool, but it's the way we allowed Liverpool to dominate is what's frustrating in that 1st half.
  • Was also frustrating that we didn't really push even harder after Costa's goal.
  • I can kind of make sense of why Conte makes subs late in the game, maybe trying to inject a final push that sacrifices the defense and leave little room for the opposition to react, when it works it works but when it doesn't it really looks stupid. The subs were simply too late for this game and it didn't work in the end. After the goal would've been a good time or after we lost that push around the 70th minute, at the very latest.
  • There are some signs of improvements that are hard to notice when you are losing but we are only 5 games in, no way this team could do 180 turn from last season this fast.
  • There are simply too many average players at the moment that are holding us back. The only change that can be made is probably Cesc on for Oscar and risk that slight weakness in midfield. At first I thought Alonso shouldn't be thrusted into a game this big but after watching Ivanovic I changed my mind. Not only was he crap both in defense and attack, he didn't act like how a captain should.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Apart from few players, we are simply to inconsistent. We all know how good is Hazard, that Oscar can put in great attacking performance, that Willian can put in great warrior display for whole night to help his team, but sadly it happens every 5th game.

Why inconsistent ?
'pool and West Ham are not the same thing.
Also 'pool are peaking right now in terms of form.
What happens is we don't have a squad that is 100% championship material. 5 players are good for a "world's best" selection, 6 are for lower divisions or for the first divisions of some other continent. We are in that sort of unhappy situation at the moment.

14 minutes ago, ElCholo said:

I really like you and appreciate your opinion but Conte is turning into Mourinho of the third season and Mourinho at least delivered us the league. With such performances I doubt we get into the Top 4. Conte is overrated.

You already said it, we're talking about one game.

Why are so saying that Conte's turning into a Mourinho of last season?
The spirit is completely different, the attacking play is on another level, i for one had in most games so far the feeling Chelsea could always score. I'm really of the opinion that some things are different, despite that i would have stood by Mourinho, Conte is an interesting one, there're changes and he should be given at least half a season before pulling out the gun.

Maybe you're saying it because of the substitutions. Batshuayi should have been brought on, but otherwise Chelsea's options on the bench don't instill confidence to me.

Manchester City are looking fantastically.
I guess saying Mourinho's United will finish in the top 4 isn't outrageous.
Klopp is also a contender, but the other teams aren't better. Conte can also beat the aformentioned ones. Top 4 is safe and sound for Chelsea this time around.

We'll see mate, we'll see.